Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/23/2002 1:30:23 AM EDT
Want to sleeve my barrel to give the impression of a 14" barrel with a long comp on it, but I need to know what the internal dia' of the pipe I'm going to buy needs to be.

My barrel is turned down a milimeter or two  before the muzzle, about the leignth of a standard "Birdcage" comp, I assume for the perminant mounting of some sort of comp (???) What I'll need is a pipe that will fit snugly (or even need to be tapped on) on the larger diameter of the barrel.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 11:16:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, get yourself a micromter or a caliper and measure the thing.  Then you'll know.  Pipe?  No, use tubing.  Most likely you'll need a smaller ID tube and it will have to be machined to the OD of the barrel so it can be tapped (hammered, not threaded) and pinned on.  Ya don't want the thing to fall off while shooting.

It's your weopon.  Do as you please... but that's my opinion up top.
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 12:00:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Kaliburz, I bought a bit of pipe to do it with but it was too big. Guess I cannot avoid going to see my slow-as-blazes Gunsmith/Machinist friend over in Moscow Idaho tommorow.

Thanks for your input too on my little rant. I'm happy that its gotten such a good discussion.

I'm off to read the rest of my active topics, and then off for the night.

Keep the good ideas coming.

Amir
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 4:16:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Are you building an M4gery?  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top