Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2002 7:26:36 PM EDT
Can anybody give an estimate on the value of a AUG 16 inch black police model? 95% condition with three 30 round mags. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 7:42:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Memfuzz,

Check out the websites I listed below.  I've seen many advertised on these sites, and this should give you some idea as to worth/price.

www.prebanarms.com
www.gunsamerica.com
www.auctionarms.com

Hope this helps.

Link Posted: 3/27/2002 5:16:13 PM EDT
[#2]
You say police model so I am assuming that it is not a preban, there were only about 3000 styer augs imported before the sept. 1994, and they generally go for $2500-$4000, depending on condition, hope that helps
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 5:25:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Check out Steyr-AUG.com. There are guys on that site that know a helluva lot about the Steyr-AUG and their current values. Also you might want to check out PJS Steyr-Aug for current prices on the various AUG models. It's a really fine rifle and only a limited ammount of them were imported before the Klinton Ban. Good luck!
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 5:25:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Price range would be around $4000-$5000+ if numbers match and 90%+ condition or better, 16" Black AUGs are preban and collect top dollar range in AUG world.
Make sure the numbers match and it is not a parts gun, if so price should be lowered.

Check out www.steyr-aug.com
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 8:23:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey guys, how hard is it to get spare parts for that gun? Like, if I went out and bought one, preban, I'd expect I would be able to purchase brand new replacement parts (not just barrels, but the little things like springs, bolts, extractors, etc.). Compare with the HK 93.

Thanks!

themao
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 11:57:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes it is hard and expensive to own one.  There is a guy selling one with 9 mags for 4000 I think.

max
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 12:00:52 PM EDT
[#7]
themao,
    PJS Steyr-Aug still lists 16", 20", and 24" barrels for the Aug along with some hammer groups and various small parts. He also still stocks 30 and 42 round green and black magazines. I have a green Aug and have fired it a number of times without breaking anything. They are a tough and solidly built gun. It doesn't sound like the guys on Steyr-Aug.com have had too many problems with them. They definately are fun-shooters, once you get over the fact that the brass ejects just below your right(or left) eye!
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 3:30:37 PM EDT
[#8]
A cheaper option for a shooter might be get a USR, the when 04' rolls around you can legal convert it into an AUG a2, that's what my plan is
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top