Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2002 10:20:38 PM EDT
I am trying to find out some info on an old Winchester 1894 rifle.  I learned it was built between 1924-1928 but need to know a place to figure out the value of it.

It is a 30-30, flip up apeture rear sight, 26" octogon barrel, and a low 5 digit serial number (25xxx).  The bore is perfect and the wood is in about 85% condition, overall I would rate the rifle 85-90% condition.

If anyone has web site suggestions to find out the value please let me know!!

Thanks

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 2:59:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Gun Traders Guide has the value listed at $1595.

Hope this helps, don't know of online source,
Mike
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 4:25:20 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Gun Traders Guide has the value listed at $1595.

Hope this helps, don't know of online source,
Mike

Really??  Damn that seems high!!  It is a friends of mine and he offered to sell it to me for $800 but I am flat broke.  To bad because I really love this rifle!

I have been searching some auction boards, like GunBroker.com and E-bay, and seem very similar rifles is worst condition be auctioned off.  The "Buy it Now" prices were around the same you quoted but very few bids were being placed.  Not sure if now is a sellers market.  There is a gun show in my area this weekend, maybe I'll take it with me and see what I can do.

Thanks for the info.

Sgtar15

Link Posted: 3/21/2002 5:17:57 AM EDT
[#3]
The Blue Book has it listed for $1025.

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top