Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/20/2002 7:44:54 PM EDT
I need to know if sig made mags without putting on their name on the side. Whats in question is the 15 round that they claim to be factory sig mags but they do not have the Sig Sauer 226 on the side. All my sig mags are stamped sig sauer.

Thanks for any help
Rick
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 7:49:22 PM EDT
I've owned 2 Sigs...all my mags were marked with the familiar SigSauer logo.
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 9:02:40 PM EDT
I have a ton of 226 magazines and all are marked SigSauer 226 on the sides and all have a pin wheel looking stamp on the rear. They are also that matte blue/parkarized finish.
I've never seen any after market mag's with the same type finish for the 226.

Sounds aftermarket to me.
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 10:19:21 PM EDT
Person claims them to be police department tradein's. I will have to pass on them.
I don't know why a leo would buy aftermarket when they can get factory normal capacity (15's) for cheap.

Rick

Here's who has them

www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=3436010
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 11:28:34 PM EDT
I do know that Megar (SP?) mags work great with my Sig. But I agree...I would pass on that deal, something don't seam right.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 3:17:52 AM EDT
We have a bunch of Italian-made SIG P229 magazines. They have SIG markings, but also have a slick finish instead of the normal flat blueing. According to SIG, they are the real thing, and they sometimes subcontract the magazines out. They seem to work just as well, since I have never had a malfunction in my 229.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 4:55:24 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 5:08:31 AM EDT
Yes, Sig had mag's that were not marked. The way to tell is look at the back of the mag. Sig mag's have the dado where they are put together. This is directly from the factory. MecGar is the OEM for Sig so their mag's work perfectly. Hope this help's.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 7:28:11 AM EDT
right. sig mags have the zigzags (also sorta looks like interlocking dovetails) and spot welds. i have 5 pre-bans - 4 of them have sig or sig-sauer on them, one is unlabeled but otherwise identical.

i would still stay away from anything "police" and possibly LEO only. you can get real pre-ban p226 mags in decent shape for about 45 each.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 10:58:23 AM EDT
While it is true that MecGar does make magazines for Sig...and several other manufacturers...these magazines are made to Sig factory specs. Standard MecGar mags may, or may not be built as well as those to other mfg. specs.

Still, some of the best aftermarket magazines available are those MecGars.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 11:48:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/21/2002 11:48:38 AM EDT by kikomax]
Guys, I have another question on sig mags for the 230. I have several that have the zigzag back and several that have inch long slots on the sides and others that have just circular holes on the sides. Anyone know if any aftermarket mags were ever made for the 230? I believe these are all factory mags, some have the sig stamp and others don't. Both 230's I have are mid to late 80's but a few of the mags might be of a more recent vintage due to the black floorplate. Also, all are stainless. I'll check tonight.

Thanks, as always any info appreciated.
Top Top