Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/20/2002 1:46:44 PM EDT
Guys, I have a preban bushy lower coming this week that I had planned on using with a Bushy M4 upper I got a few months ago. This upper has been on my Colt, so I've been using an offset pin.

Well, today I realized that the upper probably didn't come with a push pin for a standard mil-spec receiver. If it did, well, it's apparantly lost.

So, can someone point me to the correct pin I need on the Bushmaster website? Again, this is for a M4 upper and a preban Bushy lower.

Thanks!

Link Posted: 3/20/2002 1:55:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/20/2002 2:02:10 PM EDT by Noname]
You don't need anything. The take-down pin is part of your new lower...

ie---small hole upper/small hole lower
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 2:01:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Noname:
You don't need anything. The take-down pin is part of your new lower...

No, not that pin. I'm talking about the pin that the upper pivots on right in front of the magwell.
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 2:05:19 PM EDT
So is he. Both takedown pins are on the lowerr.
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 2:09:31 PM EDT
The forward take-down pin is contained to the rec by a detent. It will come with your new rec (if it's a complete rec) Colt is the only mfg that used the dorkie removable/nonspec FW pin...
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 2:25:34 PM EDT
Oh! Great! I didn't know that the front pin wasn't removeable. That's why I assumed he was talking about the rear take-down pin.

Thanks a bunch, guys!
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 3:53:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By brouhaha:
Oh! Great! I didn't know that the front pin wasn't removeable. That's why I assumed he was talking about the rear take-down pin.

Thanks a bunch, guys!

Sure is! It's "GI PROOF!"
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 4:48:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By tatjana:

Sure is! It's "GI PROOF!"

I guess Colt's are for us smarter, more technically inclined people
Top Top