Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2002 5:34:12 PM EDT
I just saw an add for post-ban Uzis from Vector Arms in SGN.  They were around $1000.  The pre-bans were around $1250.  Does anyone have any experience with these postban Uzis?  I would be interested, but the price would have to come down alot before I would consider buying one.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 5:48:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I know Vector has great full auto uzis.

A friend of mine has a preban Actionarms uzi carbine and it's a blast.  I've never seen it misfeed with 9mm, and the .22 kit runs pretty well.

I was thinking of getting one of the postban Uzis, or building one.  The wood stocks are a lot more comfortable than the folders.  Uzis with folding stocks are one of the shortest rifles allowed.  With the barrel out of it, the whole gun can fit in a camera case.

I'd save up for the preban, though if you ever plan to get a registered full auto Uzi bolt, then a post ban wouldn't be a bad investment.

Stay away from the Chicom uzis!

Link Posted: 3/20/2002 5:30:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, they are South African.  The South Africans license produce the Uzi, so the quality should be there.  I've shot a Vecktor full-auto and it's just as good as an Israeli.  

I would doubt that the post-bans are going to come down in price.  There are no other Uzi's avaiable to compete, so they will charge what they want.  If you're going to pay $1000, you might as well pony up the extra $250 and get the pre-ban.  Personally, I'd just double that money and go for the class three Uzi.  At just under $3000, that's pretty cheap for high-qulaity sub-gun.  Looked at the price of an MP-5 lately?  

Ross
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top