Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/18/2002 6:48:23 PM EDT
I recently picked up a weird bayo in a deal - it's the one at the bottom in the pic. It's longer than the other bayos (M7, M9), has the "Euro" handle, and is chrome plated. It's of high quality, but not even slightly sharp. I suspect it to be a parade or honor guard bayonet. It it rare or collectable? It's marked "Eichorn West Germany".

Link Posted: 3/18/2002 7:15:53 PM EDT
[#1]
gus,

That is an Eickhorn Solingen Bayonet, model KCB 77 L M1. They are by far, the best bayonets out there. The reason it is dull is that ALL of their bayonets are sold ULTRA DULL. You need to have it professionally sharpened. I did one by hand using a Spyderco Sharpmaker, and it took many hours!

Here is a link to their webpage:
www.eickhorn-solingen.com/englisch/framesets/military/frameset_bayonets.html
and
www.eickhorn-solingen.com/englisch/frameset.html
The home page (in English)

The model you have is a special extended length version. It has a screw driver on the scabbard, a wire-cutter, and serrations on the back of the blade. The European style handle is outstanding. As you can see from the ES webpage, you can get adapters for their bayonets to fit nearly all modern rifles.

The only thing your model doesn't have, that mine does, is a detachable frog. Some scabbards allow you to detach the frog from the web-belt mount. This allows you to mount the bayonet on your rifle, with the frog still on the bayonet. Furthermore, this also allows you to fire your rifle with the frog on your mounted bayonet!!

Link Posted: 3/18/2002 7:55:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I've had one of these for years, however it's shorter. For some reason I thought it was a Stoner 63 bayonet.

FITTER out
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 8:35:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
gus,

That is an Eickhorn Solingen Bayonet, model KCB 77 L M1.

Thanks for the link!!!  From looking over the page, I think it would be a KCB 77 L M1/P. I realize that it is not a listed model, but with the chrome plated metal parts on both the knife and the scabbard, it must be a parade piece. Guess I got lucky!  It was in a box of militaria I got in trade for a new medium ALICE pack. There were also a couple of 20 round Colt mags in the box, along with some web gear.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 7:04:11 AM EDT
[#4]
You were given a great link and I also had one of these as shown mounted on my M-16.  These are very rugged knives and mine was very sharp!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top