Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2002 7:24:01 PM EDT
I was at a gunshow today and I saw complete FN bolts w/o carriers for 50bucks. The bolt in my Colt has seen better days and it will be soon time for a new one. Would the FN bolt work in that gun no problem? The gun I`m talking and is the 16 inch carbine
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 7:30:49 PM EDT
[#1]
You should be OK changing out the bolt, but it would be worth checking the headspace with the new bolt before firing it. People have been switching them around for years without checking headspace though, and I've never heard of anyone having a problem (though I'm sure some have).
The one thing I would mention though, FN does not sell parts on the civilian market, so if someone is selling "FN" bolts, I'd be careful. They may just be surplus, or they MAY be rejects or just off-brand parts being sold AS FN parts. You can buy a brand new Bushmaster bolt, direct from them, for $49.95 any time and use the $5 admission fee saved from the gun show and use that for shipping.

www.bushmaster.com/shopping/uppers/8448509.asp
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top