Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2002 3:45:21 PM EDT
I would like to know what countries use the C7A1 and do they use thermolds or some type of USGI mags (or both)  can anyone help me..thanks!!!
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 3:52:20 PM EDT
[#1]
The Danish:

The Netherlands, Denmark, and New Zealand all use the C7, and I believe they all use thermold mags as part of the deal with Canada, but they may have changed.

Link Posted: 3/16/2002 4:54:12 PM EDT
[#2]
The British special operations forces now use Diemaco made weapons, atleast the C8 SFW is used, not sure on C7 variants.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 6:52:13 PM EDT
[#3]
anything to not have to buy it from america
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 7:12:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Last October, when the Royal Marines were training in Oman, there were some news photos of them with original C7's with fixed carry handle and M16A1 sights. If you do a search you might find the thread here the pictures were posted on.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 11:06:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm pretty sure the Canadian Forces now uses metal mags with the C7.  However, when we had the fixed carry handle (A1 type) version we were using Thermolds.

hsld.
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 4:56:14 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Last October, when the Royal Marines were training in Oman, there were some news photos of them with original C7's with fixed carry handle and M16A1 sights. If you do a search you might find the thread here the pictures were posted on.

That would be the Brigade Patrol Troop.

Link Posted: 3/17/2002 6:51:08 PM EDT
[#7]
The Canadians used to use the thermolds, but switched to USGI type mags after problems with the mags melting. In an effort, apparently, to cut cost they had specified a cheaper plastic than the comercial mags. "Thermelts" as they are called can be recognized by a small maple leaf molded into the mag body. An orange (or yellow?) mag was made for use in training. It is made of the same plastic as the others and has the maple leaf.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top