Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2002 5:49:14 AM EDT
if not how about Vegas? I want to get an upper kit for my ASA lower (purchased just before the ban...wish i bought 2-3 more), but would like to see/feel the quality between the above manufacturers - their sites don't really tell you anything and the screenies are low res.

and how do i find out if RRA, JT, M1Sales and Bushmaster will be attending?

never been to a gun show before - if anything would like to go a big one at least once!

cheers
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 6:53:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Why not buy off the web? Prices are cheaper and most localities in CA require the gun show hawksters to charge Graydavis tax.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 8:01:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Yup. Buy off the equipment exchange here. www.ar15.com/forums/index.html?board=3 You'll find the best deal here!!!
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 10:53:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I went to my last gun show in CA a few weeks ago…
It said “Arms Show” but there was nothing there worth buying.  90% + was either a C&R or a musket.  I saw only one table with anything “New”, which was about 6 new glocks.  The saddest part was the ammo – I was getting better deals at Big Five.

So I’m done with CA gun shows, waist of time and my $7.
I was so dammed depressed after that
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 10:55:25 AM EDT
[#4]
California has some GREAT gun shows!

They're just held in Reno, Vegas, and Phoenix these days!
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 4:46:54 PM EDT
[#5]
well, i've been doing some research in this site trying to find out what people are saying about RRA, Bushmaster, J&T and M1S uppers and the answers are mixed.

Im looking for the best but of course the best doesn't mean the most expensive, but best deal for the money. Bushmaster charges 159.95 for there uppers; RRA 160; M1S 125 and J&T 150. so do u see the dilemma? I don't mind paying more but I hear all these uppers are bought from the same place so im a bit lost as to which has the best finish and fit?

thanks

cheers
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 8:47:13 PM EDT
[#6]
If you're in the bay area, there is a gunshow this weekend in the SF cow palace. The host is Crossroads Gun Shows (my favorite). I was there today. ASA was there selling their uppers and whatever. I saw the new FAB-10 (10rd fixed mag semi-auto AR15 with all the pre-ban goodies and its legal!!!) It was about $899 complete with red dot. But the guy told me it was an "FN" upper which we all know what it really is. I asked about the barrel. He said its FN also. "This is military spec. blah blah blah..." Then I asked if it was chrome lined. He said no. I guess he knew that I knew my stuff so he left me alone

Ammo:
-$40 for a 300rd battle pack of SA 5.56
-$3.95/box of Q3131A
-$85 1000rds of Wolf 7.62X39
Great deals on ammo. Thats the main reason I go.

Kettle corn stand right outside. "You can't eat just one."

Really good beef jerkey (just go around and try all their samples. Then you don't have to buy any).

I seen a few deals on pistols also.

If you're nearby, check them out: www.crossroadsgunshows.com
They do shows in southern cali too. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 9:00:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh yeah. I also saw the pump action AK-47's. They don't look too bad. They can also have all the evil features. I think they are more accurate as well since they are pump action. I didn't get the price though.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 10:25:58 PM EDT
[#8]
But the guy told me it was an "FN" upper which we all know what it really is.

well, i don't know. :)

i'd love ot go but im about 8 hrs away - i live in Los Angeles. :( but that sounded fun!

i'll go and check your link now.

thanks, you've been great!

cheers

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top