Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2002 8:12:12 PM EDT
went to help a friend set up for the tanners show and spent a few bucks here's what I bought today.
I will not count any ar15 stuff like mags and ass.
#1 like new 308 rfi enfield 2a1 all matching #'s including the magizine.
#2 a new condition 1952r russian sks all matching and everthing from the barrel to bayo new.
#3 model 1860 light calvery sword made in 1865 by c. roby.
nicest one I've seen in twenty years of collecting. everything correct from inspector marks on hilt, scabbard and hilt. super clean blade and scabbard, very nice shark skin and brass is all there and right and very nice and even has the correct original leather washer.
man I'am jazzed.
ok enfield was $200
sks was $240
roby sword $750
oh yeah bought lots of bullits for my match rifle. dang if I wasn't afraid to more I would go back in the mourning when the show opens.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 11:06:27 AM EDT
[#1]
You only spent $1200?

You're a lightweight, man.

j/k - Congrats on your new toys.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 12:02:18 PM EDT
[#2]
thought I did ok but also bought a box of 500 of the 77smk's and a box of 500 of the 80 smk's for reloading and that set me back about $135
and picked up 17 30 round m16 mags and other misc. items like another 100 m14 strippers and a couple m16 cleaning kits.
also called rock river yesterday and added another complete ar15 lower shipped to my ffl along with the other one I ordered earlier in the week . got lucky and it had been packed but not shipped so both went out yesterday.

man another gun show next weekend.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 12:30:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Lemme guess...

you're single and have no kids? My wife would have a shitfit if I spent that much at one time.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 2:13:04 PM EDT
[#4]
so would mine. before set up time I spent 2 hours going threw antique shops and bought her  a few items for the pottery she collects.
she saw the enfield last night and tonight I plan on asking her if and where I can hang the sword on the wall. what I mean is someplace that I can see it once in a while.

she accussed me of being in a bad mood this mourning but I thought I seemed allright and she told me that I live the good life and with all the shopping I did over the last week I should be in a good mood.
if she only knew, he! he!
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 2:34:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I will not count any ar15 stuff like mags and ass.

So, today you went out and bought some mags and a hooker?  Do tell!  Do tell!

Oh.  Wait.  You mean accs.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 3:12:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought 4 mags at the surplus store today. 2 colt .223 mags and 2 Adventure lines for $13.50 each!!
Next pay day, I'm gonna go but 10 more mags...

Link Posted: 3/16/2002 3:25:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Hydguy....I'm near Charlotte,is that surplus store anywhere near here?  I need some more mags .  
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 6:16:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Sorry, It in a little town near the ocean (it's a SECRETE) !!!
I'm gonna go back and get 10 on payday, and this time, I'm gonna tell him that I want to go through the WHOLE BOX.
The adventure lines are about 65% (hardly any marks from being inserted) after I clean up the tape residue.
One colt has NO teflon finish,some grey, and is a nice anodized bronze color. The other one I'd say is about 50%. But the floor plates look like they have never been removed.
Really, Charolette is a LONG ways away.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 7:28:39 PM EDT
[#9]
jc121,

What kind of pottery does the wife collect?

My wife is into it also

Thanks

Biggame223

Out
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 8:44:41 PM EDT
[#10]
she collects bauer and the mccoy dinner ware line . the one with the blue and pink stripes. she has over 160 of the pieces in the mccoy dinner ware. and also american modern dinner ware in gray from russel wright only about 90 to 100 pieces of that.I pick up alot of diffent pottery around here in the garage sales and the local flea market but sell everything else but the mentioned items.
what do you collect in pottery?
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 1:05:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Hydguy........
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top