Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2002 1:35:43 PM EDT
Hi all, any thoughts on CZ75's?  Input from those who own one would be appreciated, as well as info on good hi cap mag prices.  Thanks
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 1:40:06 PM EDT
[#1]
CZ75's are not bad for the money.  I own a 75B and an 85.  High caps will run about $35~45 a piece, a far cry from what you need to pay for a USP or Glock mag.  They say factory work best and stay a way from the American magazines, but the pro-mags are not all that bad.  hope that helps.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 2:00:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I have both; they are entirely reliable and fun to shoot. One nice thing about the CZ - for not a lot of extra cash, you can get the Kadett .22 LR conversion kit.

Usually when I go out to shoot handguns, I take either the CZ or the SIG, if that's any help. Having said tht, I have to add that the best and tightest group I have ever shot was with the Hipower.

Frank
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 3:32:14 PM EDT
[#3]
The double action/single action CZ75/85 is an updated version of the venerable SA P35 Browning Highpowers. I have both, some people say that the design of the P35 Highpower is old, and won't feed hollow points because of the steep feed ramps.  But personally for me, my P35 works just fine. I personally would recommend the CZs simply because they are a new design, but if you just want a Hi-Power, no problem. Try to find someone has has each of the pistols and try it for yourself.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 2:49:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I have shot a Hi-Power before and enjoyed it but am not too familiar with them. I do however own a CZ75B in both 9mm and .40. Can't say which one is more accurate as they are better than I am, but I have about 1800rds through the 9 with now failures of anykind, I did polish the feed ramp on it though, smooth as silk. I have about 150rds through the .40 but I might sell it as I want to get the CZ97 .45.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top