Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2002 1:31:30 AM EDT
Well I received a couple new toys today and had some interesting new paper work.  First off the yellow for was different.  Second, the part that really got to me was a new white form.  This form was a card that folded in half and was sealed with a sticky white dot.  On the outside of the card was the address to the ATF.  Inside the card was the gun model, serial number, and my personal info.  Does this sound like they're registering guns?  

Anyway, I got a new Ruger MKII Stainless Government Model and a KAHR K9.  The K9 is the wife's.

Link Posted: 3/14/2002 2:26:06 AM EDT
[#1]
The yellow form has changed with the first answer is yes and then all no instead of first and last yes answers plus now you have to write United States unless you are a foreigner. The white sheet is the multi-gun form I believe since you bought 2 handguns at once. When you buy more than 1 handgun a week it gets special attention.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 2:30:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Thats a bunch of bs.  I bought two candy bars last week and no one sent of a card to Jenny Craig.  Why do we allow this?  Am I considered some kind of threat to society now?  Maybe I should just go to bed.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 8:57:29 PM EDT
[#3]
OK, I've cooled off but I'm still not to happy about that whole thing :)
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 9:01:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, the 2 handguns in a week thing is BS.  I just found out about it a few months ago.

How are things looking with the cans you were looking into?  Or did you go with the integrally suppressed Ruger?
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 10:07:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Schapman43,

Were you in a store or was that your personal dealer that did you like that?  I tend to tell people about the form up front and let them decided whether they want to buy more than one handgun that day or not.  More often than not they will opt for a single purchase, and return after a week or so for the other gun.

The way I see it, I accomplish three things by doing this.  Less paperwork, consistant sales, and a customer who doesn't leave my shop feeling like I ratted him out to the ATF to red-flag him.

Even after all that, I've still had some who absolutely had to have all there toys RIGHT NOW!  I guess I can understand that to an extent, but not if it garners unwanted federal attention.

At any rate, you are armed with knowledge now, so that should be your last multiple handgun purchase (snitch) form ever.

Now, go forth and sin no more

Saleen
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 10:48:03 PM EDT
[#6]
It was a pawn shop that does all my FFL transfers.  The guy does them free of charge.  He probably doesnt think anything of sending off that paper work.  Doesnt realize it can upset people.  Kinda took the edge off my excitement.  Anyway, does this form get filled out say if I order a couple ar lowers?
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 10:49:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Yeah, the 2 handguns in a week thing is BS.  I just found out about it a few months ago.

How are things looking with the cans you were looking into?  Or did you go with the integrally suppressed Ruger?

I'm actually still looking at the cans.  I recieved an email from a dealer that will ship a Gem-Tech outback to my dealer for $235.  Problem is my dealer wants $100 and then the $200 tax stamp.  I'll eventually bite the bullet but right now I have a few other things I would like to aquire before the kid is born :)
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 7:55:32 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
It was a pawn shop that does all my FFL transfers.  The guy does them free of charge.  He probably doesnt think anything of sending off that paper work.  Doesnt realize it can upset people.  Kinda took the edge off my excitement.  Anyway, does this form get filled out say if I order a couple ar lowers?

I believe that the form is for handguns only (according to my FFL).  Can anyone confirm?
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 7:58:36 AM EDT
[#9]

I'm actually still looking at the cans.  I recieved an email from a dealer that will ship a Gem-Tech outback to my dealer for $235.  Problem is my dealer wants $100 and then the $200 tax stamp.  I'll eventually bite the bullet but right now I have a few other things I would like to aquire before the kid is born :)

$100 seems pretty steep.  Any chance at finding another dealer?  Is the $100 fee standard?  Reason I ask is because I am looking into the same thing and was following how your experience went...
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 9:30:50 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The white sheet is the multi-gun form I believe since you bought 2 handguns at once. When you buy more than 1 handgun a week it gets special attention.

Isn't that silly. I picked up an AK and a PSS in the same day. No extra, I'm gonna tell my big bro on you paper work - at all.

2 handguns and you get a notice sent to the man.

Heavy barrel 1/2 MOA and an AK - no problem.

Remember - you must be this tall to go on this ride.

Anti's are dumbshits.

Out.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 11:05:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It was a pawn shop that does all my FFL transfers. The guy does them free of charge. He probably doesnt think anything of sending off that paper work. Doesnt realize it can upset people. Kinda took the edge off my excitement. Anyway, does this form get filled out say if I order a couple ar lowers?
--------------------------------

In Minnesota, no.  I bought 3 AR lowers last week at once, just had the yellow form.  My FFL was kind enough to tell me to pay special attention to the questions, since they have changed.  What a nice guy!

Brad
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top