Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2002 4:42:10 PM EDT
Would a Tasco PDP3 hold up ok on a flattop AR?
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 4:56:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I have had one on a carry handle mount for a while now.  It has held up very well.  The only thing I don't like about it is that the dot is not very well defined, but for the money it works well.  It has held it's zero through several hundred rounds, many of them rapid fire.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 5:20:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Aggie1.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 5:35:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Used Tasco propoint at work for a while, BA (Before Aimpoint). Some were sent off to a guy known as scope doctor to harden the wiring, tighten the seals, etc. Mine wasn't and gave me faithful service. Probably had about 25K on it when I swapped it out.

For the money I'd say that they're the best red dot made.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 5:49:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one mounted on my BM flat top carbine and it has worked without any problem.  It was on my Ruger Ranch Rifle for about 8 years before so it is well used.  It can sometime be pain to sight in as the elevation and windage adjustments are not consistant.  For the price, it is very good.

Link Posted: 3/13/2002 6:04:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info guys. Looks like I'll be buying one.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 6:24:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Have to agree with PDM.  For the money, it's the best red-dot sight made.  I like my Aimpoint, but the PDP3SPL is what I have on my tactical rifle.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 4:27:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I have both the Tasco and Aimpont.  Love the Aimpoint but it should be good for the price.

The Tasco is a good, reliable, inexpensive option that works well.  No complaints.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top