Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2002 3:13:44 PM EDT
I found some trade in S&W riot shot guns with folding stock, 12 gauge, 7 in the tube, made in Japan.
I need anay opinions as to price, quality etc.
Some are marked from other states and jails.

Most look to be in excellent shape.

Thanks
Rick

Link Posted: 3/11/2002 3:30:06 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 3:47:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Aimless:
Are these Smith and Wesson 3000 Police pump shotguns in 12 gauge? Walnut pump stock, extended magazine tube and black plastic pistol grip with a skeletal folding stock? Are they police/corrections trade ins?

Supposedly they Blue Book at $ 270 plus in good condition, but that sounds really high to me.

Can you get one apart and see what the bores and lubrication are like? Some of the police shotguns I have seen (still riding around in trunks) are pre-WWII and look that's the last time they were oiled or cleaned.

A more discriptive info....they have a grayish finish, A wire frame folding stock, a plastic grip with S&W on it, a plastic fore end.
They are police/corrections trade ins as some are etched with locations of departments.
Most of the bores look to be like new. Most have handling scratches. The price on them range from 229.00 to 269.00. I'm sure I can talk them down a little.

I will ask to take one apart next time I'm there.

Thanks for the help and advise.

Rick

Link Posted: 3/11/2002 4:59:45 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 6:37:27 PM EDT
I have owned two of the folding stock S&W 3000 riot guns, one Parkerized in the mid 80's, one blue in the early 90's. both were rugged dependable examples of the police style shotgun.

I preffered the one with the parkerized finish, most light scratches can be buffed out with a little light steel wool and a application of a little Break Free.

They were good guns and I would not have any problem buying anouther, if it was in the $200 range and was in good to very good condition.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 8:13:39 AM EDT
I have a S&W 3000 that is junk, the problem is that the bolt doesn't lock the reciever most of the time. I am not sure what the problem is that is causing it, but I know that it won't shoot most of the time. Loved it before it started doing that. Also have a High Standard Riot shotgun, that does the same thing
Top Top