Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2002 1:22:10 PM EDT
I keep on hearing about them and I want a 223 other than my ARs and mini.But this is taking forever.[bouce]
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 3:34:29 PM EDT
[#1]
The first ones shipped about 3 weeks ago and most of them were sold months before..  I got mine about 18 days ago..  I love the ugly little bugger..  Armalite will give you more info on next shipments if you E-Mail their customer service..   I'd highly recommend it..
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 6:06:12 PM EDT
[#2]
"Don't ask, don't tell" -William Jefferson Clinton

Oh, i'm sorry wrong kind of "coming out"...

Anyway, I wish I could have one
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 7:44:54 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I keep on hearing about them and I want a 223 other than my ARs and mini.But this is taking forever.

Have you ordered one yet?  If not, you need to get with it.  You think it is getting old for you, I ordered mine a year ago.  I got back in country Saturday and picked mine up at the dealership.  I don't know if I will get to fire it before I have to leave again, but here are some pictures with my original AR180s.

The 180B and my Sterling 180.

The 180B and my Sterling both scoped.  The 180B accepts all the original mounts and in this picture is has a B Square mount and Tasco scope I had been using on the Sterling.  It now belongs to the 180B.

This is all 4 180s together with the Howa and Costa Mesa folded and showing both sides.

These last two are of the buttstock.  Some had expressed concern that the buttstock was glued on, but as you can see, it is screwed on.  Others asked about storage space.  Well there it is.

Link Posted: 3/12/2002 7:50:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm still waiting.

GIB
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 8:39:17 AM EDT
[#5]
D*mn those are some bada$$ lookin guns. can u still get parts for the original?do u mind telling me how much the new 180B went for?
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 9:26:48 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
D*mn those are some bada$$ lookin guns. can u still get parts for the original?do u mind telling me how much the new 180B went for?

yes you can still get parts for the original AR-180.

List price on the AR-180B is $650.00 and I don't know what the street price is.

I'm expecting ArmaLite to increase price on the AR-180B - no certain knowledge but this gun is low-priced and hot !
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 9:29:36 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The first ones shipped about 3 weeks ago and most of them were sold months before..  I got mine about 18 days ago..  I love the ugly little bugger..  Armalite will give you more info on next shipments if you E-Mail their customer service..   I'd highly recommend it..

bigyeti,

I emailed to a person I know at ArmaLite your original comments made on the AR-10 Ar-180 Forum regarding the AR-180B.

Hope you didn't mind.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 10:00:07 AM EDT
[#8]
I found this in the last issue of Shotgun News. An Armalite ad announcing the AR-180B.
Don't wait, because for a limited time the new Armalite AR-180B will be available for the retail price of only $650.

I thought the idea was to keep the price of the AR-180B under $600. I seem to recall an earlier statement from Armalite that it would be selling for close to $550. Now $650 is only an introductory price. Where will it end?

I completely understand the realities of modern manufacturing and sometimes things cost more when going from the drawing board to the store showcase but how much would people really be willing to spend on an AR-180B?

I guess with preban AR-180s selling well over $1200 there is a market for a new rifle selling for hopefully half that but the price is starting to get close to the price for a new AR-15.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still buying one. But, it seems as the price goes up Armalite will loose sales to the people who can't quite afford an AR-15. If the price difference continues to shrink I think most people will spend the extra money and go for an AR-15 which is a better rifle. Armalite will be losing those first time purchasers.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 11:17:44 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I found this in the last issue of Shotgun News. An Armalite ad announcing the AR-180B.
Don't wait, because for a limited time the new Armalite AR-180B will be available for the retail price of only $650.

I thought the idea was to keep the price of the AR-180B under $600. I seem to recall an earlier statement from Armalite that it would be selling for close to $550. Now $650 is only an introductory price. Where will it end?

I completely understand the realities of modern manufacturing and sometimes things cost more when going from the drawing board to the store showcase but how much would people really be willing to spend on an AR-180B?

I guess with preban AR-180s selling well over $1200 there is a market for a new rifle selling for hopefully half that but the price is starting to get close to the price for a new AR-15.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still buying one. But, it seems as the price goes up Armalite will loose sales to the people who can't quite afford an AR-15. If the price difference continues to shrink I think most people will spend the extra money and go for an AR-15 which is a better rifle. Armalite will be losing those first time purchasers.

Princeton,
your post caused me to make a trip to the ArmaLite site to check prices.

List price on the M15A4 is $900.00 but two days ago I saw one NIB - on GunsAmerica - going for $780.00 with scope-mount included - from a dealer.

I expect the list price to continue to rise to probably around $750.00 (pure guess) but the street price to somewhat off-set these increases.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 11:25:16 AM EDT
[#10]
I want one!!  
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 11:39:37 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I want one!!  

cnatra,
I want one too !

Mine should ship next week.  (Hopefully)
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 12:45:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Mine should ship next week. (Hopefully)

At least you have some kind of idea when you'll be getting yours. I ordered mine through a local gunstore. He in turn ordered it from a distributor so I have no clue where I am on the list.
Hopefully some time before the summer.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 12:49:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Does the gun look like any folder could be installed? I heard the butstock is glued on but if its somehow CAN legal I will need a folder.

Well if this gun does like the AR50, the intro price will be relatively high and it should drop considerably in awhile. Also if enough people buy them accessories will become common place.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 12:55:37 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Does the gun look like any folder could be installed? I heard the butstock is glued on but if its somehow CAN legal I will need a folder.

Well if this gun does like the AR50, the intro price will be relatively high and it should drop considerably in awhile. Also if enough people buy them accessories will become common place.

Seems the info floating around about the butt stock being glued was bogus.
LarryG posted a picture of his AR-180B on the General Discussion Forum today and plainly the stock is bolted on.

As to whether a folder or not I suspect only time and/or money stands in your way !
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 3:24:24 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Actually, those same pictures are in this thread above.  I finally got to take it out and shoot it.  Took the 180B and the Sterling out today along with my Garands, EA15 20", 2 EA15 carbines, M1 Carbine, and bunch of other stuff.  The 180B and the Sterling, contrary to Deputy, both functioned flawlessly and the 180B was dead on, I didn't even have to adjust the sights.  About 1 MOA at 100 yds.  I fired a couple of mags each on both 180s as aimed fire and then ran about 3 mags each from the hip firing as fast as I could.  There is no range officer at this range to whine 'no rapid fire'.  The dust on the berm was flying.  Man it was a blast.  The 180B was literally smoking, burning off the oil from cleaning and the newness.  Bigyeti said that it comes to the shoulder like a custom rifle and boy is he right.  You bring it up and you are right on target.  It is a great rifle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top