Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/9/2002 5:47:14 PM EDT
Does anyone know how to lighten the trigger pull on a Ruger m77 mark II? Pull is clean but HEAVY. ZT
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 6:36:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/9/2002 6:38:48 PM EDT by D348]
I lightened up trigger pull on my Ruger model 77/22 by installing a lighter trigger spring. I removed the spring and measured the length and width of spring, and also the diameter of the wire the spring was made of. I worked at a cat dealer, and used the spring dimensions to find a spring with similar measurements but a smaller wire size in a similar parts book.
A business that specializes in fasteners should be able to sell you almost any size of spring. I brought my trigger pull from 6 pounds down to 4 pounds. If you want to know what size the spring I used is, let me know and I will remove it and measure it.
This is a very cheap method of reducing the weighht of the trigger pull.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 6:50:45 PM EDT
the mark I Ruger 77s had an adjustable trigger
the mark IIs are not adjustable

i think a couple companies makes a drop in solution that adjusts

www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=ruger+77+II+adjustable+trigger&btnG=Google+Search
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 6:53:58 PM EDT
How do you lighten it? You sell it and buy a remington! Ok,I know I'm a wiseass, but I love the Rem triggers!
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 6:14:48 AM EDT
d348, I was hoping a lighter spring would reduce pull. Break is clean, so I really don't need a new mechanism. Too bad they don't make these things adjustable any more.
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 8:06:51 AM EDT
I had a ruger not too long ago, the 77VT model (I don't know if this is the same as a mk II). If you search ruger VT trigger on google (yes, anti-gun, I know) there are a couple sites that show you how to do it.

And, of course, you could do like I did and has already been suggested here and buy a rem 700. I couldn't get the VT to group worth a dman and I tried every thing I know to do (handloads, lighten trigger, different scope...) Hope your luck is better.

Load Sabot!

Tanker
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 3:48:20 PM EDT
Spec-Tech
Timney
Moyers
all make good adjustable MKII triggers.
I tried the Dayton-Traister...Wouldn't function. Close bolt and sear drops. Adjust it so the sear doesn't drop and the safety doesn't function.
Top Top