Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/9/2002 2:24:11 PM EDT
I picked up some ammo for my CZ52 today and need some help with IDing the stuff.

It came in white cardboard boxes, no label, 5 stripper clips with 8 rds each.

Headstamp reads: bxn 53 1

Strippers are stamped: bxn 53 on the back side.

Any help would be great, I did a Google search but no help. I think bxn is Czech, is this true. And 53 the year of mfgr. I did find a pick of a CZ52 that fired a very hot round. This split the barrel and slide in half, the firer was lucky, no injuries. Some of this Mil Surp ammo scares me! LOL
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 3:41:48 PM EDT
It is Czech ..... but that's all I can tell you other than manufactured in 1953.

This may confuse things more..... but thought you should see it!

www.goags.com/~c-r-ffl/archives/199806/msg03772.html

DaMan
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 4:37:28 PM EDT
DaMan, thanks! That sounds like the ammo I have except mine are brass cased. Interesting link. thanks again.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 7:39:18 PM EDT
Sellier & Belliot supplied the ammo for the Czech military. I have some on 8 round strips. Mine has "53" marked on the brass.

Even that old, mine all worked fine. I am curious to know why it is on stripper clips, because neither the Tokarev or the CZ-52 have a guide.

Does the PPSH have a loading spoon for the magazine?
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 5:58:06 AM EDT
I did some more research and it seems the CZ machine gun mags came with adapters built on to accept the stripper clips. This must be ammo meant for that rifle. I just hope it's safe to shoot.

My first experience with my new CZ52 was no fun. I bought New Generation Ammo, nice plastic box but the ammo sucked. Duds and the stuff would not fully cycle my pistol. The slide would sometimes stay out of battery about 1/10th of an inch. A tap with my thumb would seat the slide.

I hope this ammo is better, I was told these pistols are a blast (literally) to shoot.

Mine is in original park, one dot on the slide, made in "53".
Top Top