Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2002 11:30:04 AM EDT
WOuldn't jugs of water be a good test of a calibers potential? example I had a 5 gallon plastic container shot it a couple of times with the 22lr made small holes brought out the 223 1 round exploded the container.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 11:43:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 3:10:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey-What are a redneck's last words?

Yall watch this.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 4:34:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 4:47:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Jugs of water probably simulate a "gut" shot ok.  Bones, lungs and the reaction of nerves might be something else, though.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 6:29:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Water is useful for penetration testing, except that I don't recall the ratio between flesh and H2O.  It is not useful, however, for comparing wounding potential.  If you compare the way the container explodes with different cartridges you will find that the Glaser causes the largest "explosion".  Unfortunately the Glaser has the shallowest penetration; this is not always enough to reach the vital organs.

Well, just think about it, humans don't "pop" when shot like a milk jug does.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 6:53:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hey-What are a redneck's last words?

Yall watch this.

Actually I think the correct quote is "Hold my beer and yall watch this!"
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 7:06:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Actually I think the correct quote is "Hold my beer and yall watch this!"

I thought those were a Texan's last words.... :D

Link Posted: 3/10/2002 11:55:03 PM EDT
[#8]
You might check the web for info regarding a "Fackler" Box.  It is basically a long and narrow box of water that you shoot into.  I read of it in the Feb. 2002 issue of S.W.A.T. magazine.  They give some conversion to relate the results to ballistic gelatin.  I don't know if it's worth a darn or not, I'm just saying I saw it in a magazine.
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 12:43:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Why not just get a bunch of rib bones, some pig guts, feces, gizzards, lard soaked sponges, and other assorted items you would use to simulate human organs. Then stuff them in a leather bag. Kind of like a ballistic haggis. Shoot that and tell us how your bullet performs. Better double bag it though, skin is thicker than we think.
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 1:03:44 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Why not just get a bunch of rib bones, some pig guts, feces, gizzards, lard soaked sponges, and other assorted items you would use to simulate human organs. Then stuff them in a leather bag. Kind of like a ballistic haggis. Shoot that and tell us how your bullet performs. Better double bag it though, skin is thicker than we think.

"Hold my beer and yall watch this!"  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top