Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2002 10:46:40 AM EDT
How good are they, do you guys have any experience. DO they have good reputation?
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 5:04:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I've had one for about 2 years mounted on a Ruger NO.1 in 7 mm Mag. It's a decent lower price range scope. I paid $100 for mine. Ofcourse not up to the same standards of Leupold, but better than the $100 Tascos and Simmons that I have seen. They also have a lifetime warranty, but that wouldn't mean much if it made you miss a good buck.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 6:00:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I have 2 swift scopes.  Not that bad.  Clarity is fair, Price is good. I have one on an 30-30 and one on a PSS.  I have had 3 rnd groups covered with a half dollar at 100yds.  Hit golf balls at 150yds.

I am overall happy with mine.  I plan on upgrading the one on the PSS someday, but it has treated me well.  I would buy one again.  Supposedly the quality has gone up in the the past year.  My buddy's had a god awful "snap" when you adjusted the magnification (was on a flat-top Bushy).  He sent it back and they gave him a new one.  No questions asked.  He was happy.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 6:10:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Swift make a good scope.  I would, hoever, consider the Leupold ($177 everyday at academy sports) or the simmons aetec (aleays on sale for less than $150 somewhere).  ZT
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 6:15:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Swift make a good scope.  I would, hoever, consider the Leupold ($177 everyday at academy sports) or the simmons aetec (aleays on sale for less than $150 somewhere).  ZT

Which Leupold and what in hell are you talking about?

You definately want to stay away from Simmons and Leupold is AMAZING!  What price range are you looking at Colonel?
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 6:22:58 PM EDT
[#5]
My Dad sold these in his gun shop for the better part of 18 years......and for the money you can't beat them.....sent one back to Swift for a customer because it had fogged up......the scope had to have been 10 to 12 years old......and they sent a new scope in place of it no charge....how can ya go wrong there....
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 6:35:01 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You definately want to stay away from Simmons and Leupold is AMAZING!  What price range are you looking at Colonel?

minman:  I'm referring to the Leupold vari-x II that Academy Sports (a medium sized sporting goods chain) sells for $177USD everyday.  Its a great low priced scope.  Also, the Simmons AETEC 2.8-10x44 is available for less than $150 online.  The Simmons may not be the best built scope, but the AETEC lens system provides very good clarity.  Personally, I'd try to find a used Zeiss or Schmidt and Bender for $700, but to each his own! ZT
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 6:42:28 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

minman:  I'm referring to the Leupold vari-x II that Academy Sports (a medium sized sporting goods chain) sells for $177USD everyday.  Its a great low priced scope.  Also, the Simmons AETEC 2.8-10x44 is available for less than $150 online.  The Simmons may not be the best built scope, but the AETEC lens system provides very good clarity.  Personally, I'd try to find a used Zeiss or Schmidt and Bender for $700, but to each his own! ZT

Still interested in the model that you're talking about!
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 6:50:34 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Still interested in the model that you're talking about!

I thought I already gave you what you needed. I bought two:

gloss model vari-x II 3-9x40 (never used)
Model#16597
UPC# 0-30317-16597-0
matte model vari-x II 3-9x40 (on a mini-30)
no box or models #s
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top