Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2002 11:22:18 AM EDT
Any comments-opinions would be highly appreciated Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 1:45:00 PM EDT
My advice to you would be to spend your money elsewhere.

ASA has a terrible reputation for both quality of product and customer service.

Have you thought about J&T?
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 1:57:30 PM EDT
NEGATIVE, ASA used to have reputation for poor quality which is only known to AR-15.com users. ASA has a high quality AR weapons system, they use rock river arms parts on their guns and they have changed many of the companies they deal with because of quality control issues. I own 3 ASA rifles and have had no problems with them EVER. I am very satisfied with the performance and quality of the ASA product. I recommend them highly. If you live in the Phoenix area and will be shopping at their store, ask for John, he is not the owner and not an arrogant prick like his boss, the owner. John will give you the straight truth on what ASA sells and will explain the past problems ASA has had and what they have done to fix them.
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 2:26:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DOCPIG:
If you live in the Phoenix area and will be shopping at their store, ask for John, he is not the owner and not an arrogant prick like his boss, the owner.

Sounds like a good enough reason to me not to spend your money there.
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 3:19:25 PM EDT
DOGPIC,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't ASA have all new suppliers because they had a nasty habit of forgetting to pay the old ones?

My experience with ASA has been typical. I ordered some parts from them. They turned out to be defective. To be more specific, the barrels were not ported! They completely lacked gas ports. When I explained my probelm to Bob the owner I was informed that I was "using $hitty ammo."

I don't doubt that ASA is producing functional weapons now. However they'll never get another cent from me and I'll tell anyone who asks about my experience.

Don't buy ASA. There are too many other reputable dealers out there to risk an ASA encounter.
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 4:02:33 PM EDT
I've never bought from ASA because each time their name comes up the response is overwhelmingly NEGATIVE.

Too many good suppliers building good products and caring for their customers to bother with ASA.

(At least the second time I've heard "Don't deal with the owner." You have a problem guess who you're going to be forced to deal with.)
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 4:31:47 PM EDT
My ASA Upper is great, they put the muzzle brake on and gave it to me free, had not one problem with it. must have been my lucky day.
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 4:45:42 PM EDT
I ignored the warnings, ordered and got burned. Don't do the same!
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 5:25:58 PM EDT
OK Schnert I am not an ASA expert all I know is everything I own from ASA is top quality and has never given me any problems so when someone has a question about ASA I tell them I have had good luck. I do not know much about the problem with ASA suppliers except that some of the barrel makers were producing some defective barrels and Bob (AKA the prick) was not paying them because of this. I have heard of some of the problems ASA has had and know they have fixed most of them. I also try to stay away from the owner and I agree #1. He is a prick, and #2. He will lie his ass of to get your money. The guy I mentioned ( John ) is a straight forward person and he has agreed ASA has had some problems in the past which he states they fixed he also will help on any problems that one would have with as ASA product. I guess it comes down to a hit and miss with ASA, as for me it has been all hit.

That's my two cents worth of advice on ASA.

I you want to be 100% sure you will get a excellent product buy a BUSHMASTER.

My Bushy is a top quality rifle as well.
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 8:47:46 PM EDT
Well, I guess I'll step in here. I bought a complete rifle from ASA about a year ago and had a problem with it jamming. They were very concerned and even kept the store open late so I could make it after work to have them look at it. They exchanged the whole upper. Been back several times all with pleasant experiences.
Top Top