Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/8/2002 4:21:43 AM EDT
Hi,

Here it is what I'm preaparing in the next months , a brand new project named " night's owner " .

It'll be a "light" SWSs  cal 223r , equipped for night tasking.

I already ordered a Bushmaster "varminter" match 20" barrel ,it'll be geared with:

KAC FF 12" RAS
KAC front folding BUIS
KAC 600mtrs folding BUIS
PRI #69 mount for AN/PVS-14D
Harris BR-S & Pod Lock
Trijicon TA55 5.5X50
Sierra grip
DPMS 3-way pos.buttstock
AN/PAQ-4C
AN/PVS-14D

Here a pic of the accessories ready to be mounted on , others coming in the next weeks .

PP out

Link Posted: 3/8/2002 4:26:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Some guy just have all the luck....and the fun.
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 4:29:43 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Some guy just have all the luck....and the fun.

AR_Rifle,
I strongly hope you'll have the same opportunities ......
PP out
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 5:04:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Mr. Palla is living proof to we Americans that the Italian lottery can be won by some lucky guy.

Looking good, be sure you post a pic when it's put together.
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 5:08:36 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Mr. Palla is living proof to we Americans that the Italian lottery can be won by some lucky guy.

Looking good, be sure you post a pic when it's put together.

Chairborne_Ranger,

I thank you very much indeed for trusting me so lucky but , sincerely , I did not win any lottery , just lucky to have a good job and working hard , nothing more......

You bet I'll post the pics when it'll be ready to go out in the darkness....

Ciao,
PP out
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 5:45:16 AM EDT
[#5]
You said that your varminter barrel is only 20-inches?  I thought these were only sold as 24-inch barrels?

Are you going to thread your barrel or leave it with a target crown?

----------------------------------

I have too many ongoing projects, but I am building a similar upper around the full length FF RAS except mine will use a standard Pre-Ban Bushmaster HBAR barrel, GG&G Flip up sight with bayonet lug, the KAC 600M flip up rear, ARMS#22 rings and a B&L Elite 4200 4-16x50mm Scope.  My rifle is obviously intended to be a shooter that will see considerble use.

My other project is a 300 Whisper project that will be unique in many regards.  This upper will use a medium-short KAC FF RAS which should allow me to have a custom barrel made that will allow me to place the front sight base in the proper location for mounting a bayonet on a NFA friendly 16-inch barrel.  This upper is going to incorporate a custom gas tube that I hope to be able to adjust through the holes in the KAC FF RAS tube.  I am planning to build this upper using a GG&G flip-up front sight, flattop upper w/ KAC 600m rear, but I am not sure of the main optics that I would like to use for this upper.  My last upgrade for this upper will be a silencer and I am still looking at all my options in this regard as well.  

Time will tell as both of these projects are on hold until we move in May.  I will be watching for your pictures and updates.  Thanks for sharing!

Good Luck!
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 5:57:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quarterbore,

this mine'll be a military "SPR" project , specialized for night ops and,yep,it'll be a 20" barrel SWS .

Your question abt threading the barrel is a good one .

In my first post , here above , I missed to write that a B&T SOP can is scheduled to be mounted on this "night's owner" hardware ,I'll have to mount a B&T QD flash hider for the can ,so I'll thread it .......

Good question indeed.

Is not that you are becoming to know me too much ?

PP out
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 6:00:34 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
.....I will be watching for your pictures and updates.......

Quarterbore,
I'll be watching for your pics too , if you'll post them.
Ciao,
PP out
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 4:14:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Hi,

here it is some update about my SPR "type" build up.......

Last addictions , Surefire M962P with #FM13 I.R.filter , AN/PVS-14D NVD , USO SN-4 A/N-R/R 1-4X40 cicle dot scope with doubler , B&T SOPS QD can

Upper details

details of the B&T SOPS QD can attachment

More ìll be added soon,
PP  out

Link Posted: 4/8/2002 5:03:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Not only "Night's Owner" but "Silent Night's Owner"

Is that a Gemtech Silencer I saw there?
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 5:11:33 AM EDT
[#10]
AR_Rifle,

you are right , from now on it'll be called "silent night's owner" ......

This is a Swiss Brugger & Thomet SOPS Q-uick D-etachable suppressor.

Ciao,
PP  out
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 5:41:32 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
AR_Rifle,

you are right , from now on it'll be called "silent night's owner" ......

This is a Swiss Brugger & Thomet SOPS Q-uick D-etachable suppressor.

Ciao,
PP  out

Excellent!...And I can't wait to see the final product.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 5:48:33 AM EDT
[#12]
....me too !!

It seems the rifle'll be here shortly , hopefully !

....then it'll be a matter of hours to outfit it ......

PP  out
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 9:53:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Awesome Simply Awesome
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 10:49:26 AM EDT
[#14]

PP  out
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 8:53:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Can't wait to see the finished product.

PP, let me know how the TA55 works for you when you finally get it.

Been thinking about a similar project (not as fancy) with an extra BM lower I have lying around.

Possibly use a RRA 20" varmit flattop upper, FF KAC, the same KAC BUIS as you or substitute for ARMs #40 and a BM front flipup (to save a bit of money).  And I'll top it off with my TA11.

If I do, I'll try to get it done for the BRC.

Link Posted: 4/8/2002 9:05:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Pinco, Cool project!
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 9:19:05 PM EDT
[#17]
That's some serious gear!

coyote3
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 10:28:54 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
PP, let me know how the TA55 works for you when you finally get it.......

HKocker,

roger that,no problem.

I had it in my hands at the last SS while in Las Vegas , I liked it very much but probably it'll be not available for the civvies before next autumn......

In the meantime I thought to use the USO SN-4 I had in my inventory.

PP  out
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 10:31:57 PM EDT
[#19]
AR18 , Coyote3 ,

thanx 4 yr nice words abt my "almost" new born.....

PP  out
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 10:33:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Damn you PP!

Another keyboard ruined from drooling at your pictures!
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 10:55:19 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Damn you PP!
Another keyboard ruined from drooling at your pictures!

PP  out

Link Posted: 4/9/2002 7:38:41 AM EDT
[#22]
PP, you planning on shooting sonic or subsonic loads thru that AR? Is she going to have FA?
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 8:16:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Hi Scarecrow,

I'll shoot sonic bullets , I need their punch , and no, it'll not get any FA setup , just semiauto.
ciao,

PP  out
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 11:55:17 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Hi,

here it is some update about my SPR "type" build up.......

Last addictions , Surefire M962P with #FM13 I.R.filter , AN/PVS-14D NVD , USO SN-4 A/N-R/R 1-4X40 cicle dot scope with doubler , B&T SOPS QD can

Upper details

details of the B&T SOPS QD can attachment

More ìll be added soon,
PP  out

Pinco, how much you did pay for that B&T suppressor? I´m finishing my Whisper project and planned to buy one.

MN
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 4:40:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Markus, wait for the summer and you will be able to purchase a QD model of the excellent Ase Utra sound suppressor.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 8:03:00 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I thank you very much indeed for trusting me so lucky but , sincerely , I did not win any lottery , just lucky to have a good job and working hard , nothing more......

And what do you do exactly??? Just curious as I am looking for a new profession.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 8:04:54 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Pinco, how much you did pay for that B&T suppressor

MN,

$.1.650,00 included the QD SOPS flash hider ( an art work ) & shipment .

I tested it just yesterday on my M4 ,the very small bang cannot be heard farer than 20/25 meters away , no bad uh ?

PP out
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 8:11:01 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:And what do you do exactly??? Just curious as I am looking for a new profession.

....just Berlusconi's nephew......
PP out
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 9:18:53 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:And what do you do exactly??? Just curious as I am looking for a new profession.

....just Berlusconi's nephew......
PP out

The Prime Minister? You're kidding, right?

coyote3
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 9:58:00 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Markus, wait for the summer and you will be able to purchase a QD model of the excellent Ase Utra sound suppressor.

Wait? It has begun alredy, at least here in Turku.Tuukka, do you have any idea how much that will cost?
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 10:04:32 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Pinco, how much you did pay for that B&T suppressor

MN,

$.1.650,00 included the QD SOPS flash hider ( an art work ) & shipment .

I tested it just yesterday on my M4 ,the very small bang cannot be heard farer than 20/25 meters away , no bad uh ?

PP out

$1.650!!!Holy mother of.... That is lot of money, isn´t it?!?!?
BTW, you are not Berlusconi´s nephew. Your has to be Berlusconi himself! hanks
MN
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 12:30:43 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:The Prime Minister? You're kidding, right?
coyote3

for sure......
PP out
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 12:32:11 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:.... That is lot of money, isn´t it?!?!?

You're right but this is the price for a top quality can , Gemtech & Knight's have almost the same prices

PP out
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 1:46:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Markus, i cant tell you the exact price at this time. But the QD model should be available during this year.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 2:43:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Is that a USoptics SN-4 i see? Dear Lord, i am green with envy. I've been saving up for a high quality scope on my bolt, and here u are mounting it onto your AR. Very jealous, but i must add that it is looking like one very beautiful project.

Question, how much did you pay for that USO?
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 2:59:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Hey PP, that guy under your name must be the 2002 version of "Franco's Italian Army"
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 3:49:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Nice project!

I wish I could afford all that stuff, these days I'd have to use a 2L Coke bottle for a supressor
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 4:37:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Jesus man could you possibly slap any more crap on that poor rifle?! Ok, ok, so I'm just envious...
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 4:40:32 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Jesus man could you possibly slap any more crap on that poor rifle?! Ok, ok, so I'm just envious...

You should see some of his others.... The guy damn near makes me want to cry.... such a thing of beauty and I can't afford half the stuff he has on them.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 5:55:43 PM EDT
[#40]
I thought you had sold all your U.S. Optics?
Is there anything new we should know since the little talk a while back?
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 9:44:07 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Question, how much did you pay for that USO?

Hi,
I got it some years ago, it's a SN-4 MKIII A/N-R/R 1-4X circle dot with doubler,its price was about $. 1.900,00
ciao,
PP out
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 9:46:44 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Is there anything new we should know since the little talk a while back?

Hi Axel,
how are you doing ?
No,nothing new about that matter , I just got this SN-4 from my inventory to mount it on this "SPR" project while waiting for the already ordered brand new Trijicon TA55 5.5X50,
ciao,
PP out
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 9:49:44 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Folks,
I thank you very much for your nice words abt my hardware , I promise , whenever you come over here to visit me & my old country , to let you play with it
ciao,
PP out
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 10:19:10 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm well thanks. Trying to get moved out of California and have a house built in Nevada. It will be an adventure for a time but will be worth it. Then maybe I can have toys like yours
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 2:03:41 AM EDT
[#45]
Wow !
so I'll be visiting you.......
ciao
PP out
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 4:35:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Pinco, I'd love it if you posted a link to photos of your collection of "toys".
You did so a year ago, and I drooled.

It seems that in the past year, you've had some acquisitions...
...can we see?
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 5:49:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Hi Cincinnatus,

you remember well,I had hundreds of pics stored at www.photopoint.com but that site nowday does not exist anymore and I loosed all of my pics.......

Now I'm afraid to store my pics in another free hosting site 'cose it could happen the same thing again , so lastly I was thinking to get my own domain , but I'm too busy at work so probably I'll do that in the future.

By now , if you like , you can see some pics in my album "black hardware" stored here in the AR15.COM forum ,

ciao and thanks so much for your attention to my shots,

PP out
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 5:51:05 AM EDT
[#48]
If you guys want to really cry, go see PP's bolt gun that Chandler is building for him!

www.snipersparadise.com/sniperchat.htm

Click on "Rifles" forum and look for the "My Chandler SWS Is Ready" post.

Moe

Link Posted: 4/25/2002 6:02:26 AM EDT
[#49]
mjmensale,

here it is........,it's already done but I'm just waiting for the papers to export it from the States to Italy.....

PP out
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 1:05:43 AM EDT
[#50]
Here it is a close look of the B&T SOPS QD flash hider / compensator.

Its only problem is that it makes a bigger BANG and a great star while shooting without the can.........

PP out
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top