Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2017 6:15:23 PM EDT
Has anyone every tried truck bed liner or likes on the grip area of your rifles?  I have stock I would like to put some grip on, it currently just smooth.  It is a Boyd's stock I got about 10 years ago and that I finished with tung oil.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 6:28:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Skate board tape.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 8:00:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Check into these. I have used this on the front strap of 1911s back in the past, when it was difficult to find some who performed quality checkering.
But, it ain't cheap.

Wing walk compound

Ultra wing walk compound
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 9:31:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Skate board tape.
View Quote
That is kind of aggressive.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 10:54:23 PM EDT
[#4]
A lot of guys I know use epoxy that the lay out and texture themselves. A web search should bring up plenty of examples for you. The nice thing is that you can sand down any hot spots that you may encounter, and add or change any contours you may want to.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 1:44:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Years ago I used bed liner on my FAL stocks.  It held up fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top