Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2017 6:10:55 AM EDT
Good morning,
I want to refinish my old Winchester defender 1300 in desert night camo (circa 1991)

I have a vinyl cutter/plotter that I use Orical 651 to make stickers and it works great for masks I use when sand blasting beer/wine/bourbon glasses.

I am afraid it will stick to much and be a pain in the butt to remove either the lines or 10000 small squares, also not sure how it will respond to baking

What do you all pros/amateurs use?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 10:41:18 AM EDT
[#1]
This. http://averyvinyl.com/A1830-S-HIGH-BAKE-YELLOW-PAINT-MASK-1830-AVERY-PAINT-MASK-A1830S.htm
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:28:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, pricey...but the whole be poor elsewhere thing it says 200* i bake at 250*
Gtg?
Or will 200* cure cerakote?

Thank you
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 1:34:23 PM EDT
[#3]
You don't do a full cure with the mask on. 180 for 15 minutes (most colors) and remove masking. If doing multi layer camo removes all of it after final flash cure. This is all in the cerakote instruction manual. 
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 1:35:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Cerakote will cure at 180 for two hours but 250 is recommended if the object you are coating will handle it. 
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 1:50:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You don't do a full cure with the mask on. 180 for 15 minutes (most colors) and remove masking. If doing multi layer camo removes all of it after final flash cure. This is all in the cerakote instruction manual. 
View Quote
cool, thank you awesome advice, I have only cerakoted 6 guns over the last 3 years

ETA..I havent even hit newbie yet

Link Posted: 8/12/2017 3:10:50 PM EDT
[#6]
No problem. Multi layer takes a lot of practice and time. I would start on some small parts like mags with simple two color stencils. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top