Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2017 4:18:06 PM EDT
Hello all,

What should one do to prep a surface that has already been painted with aluma hyde 2 ?

Part in question is a manticore arms forearm for a pap pistol. The forearm has been painted with aluma hyde 2 coyote. I would like to repaint it in aluma hyde 2 semi gloss black. I would also like to paint the bolt carrier of this pistol - 2 birds one stone.

I have never used aluma hyde.

I am unsure of how long the coyote aluma hyde has been on this forearm. ( not sure if this matters)

I am a complete noob at this. Any and all advice is much appreciated.

Thanks for your time.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 5:42:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Been looking into the AHii for sometime now, seems all you would need to do is scuff it and then clean/degrease well and you should be good.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 4:26:37 PM EDT
[#2]
If you could sand blast it, that would be best.  If not then scuff it real good with scotch brite and laquer thinner/brake parts cleaner.  Re-spray.  Keep it light, work from several angles.  Let it cure for a week if possible.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top