Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2017 10:22:16 AM EDT
Hey guys,

So I am having some things coated. I usually fill in the marking on my lower receivers with Testors paint. However, I have never done this on a cerakoted item.

I usually coat the markings and rub slightly with acetone on my non cereakoted parts. I assume acetone is probably not safe for cerakote, would "non" acetone based nail polish remover work? What do you guys suggest?
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 8:39:27 AM EDT
[#1]
View Quote
I used  nonacetone nail polish remover and worked just fine
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 11:41:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Cool! That is exactly what I will do. Thanks much!
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 2:15:31 PM EDT
[#3]
You can use regular Acetone for that. Cerakote is pretty chemical resistant. Here is a lower I color filled with Cerakote and wiped the excess with acetone:
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 9:24:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can use regular Acetone for that. Cerakote is pretty chemical resistant. Here is a lower I color filled with Cerakote and wiped the excess with acetone:
http://i.imgur.com/SDx0Eqj.jpg
View Quote
Sweet! That looks very very nice! I was a little afraid to use it, thought it might cause an issue, but now I will try it. I have color filled non cereakoted things in the past and used acetone or nail polish remover with that in it. Worked well. some say to use Hoppes 9 as well - not sure on that one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top