Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:21:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Maiden316:
Glock 30s
View Quote

That's great work. Would love to know how you do your boarders. It's one of those things that continues to escape me. I have a theory how some of the pros do theirs but it'd require investing in equipment beyond soldering/wood burning tools that I don't presently have. If you'd be willing to share I'd very much would love to know.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 2:34:42 PM EDT
[#2]

To the guys who are getting a texture like this are yall just using a really fine tip on your iron? I love the way this looks and have a G22 that I have coming in that may get chopped and stippled.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:13:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Can these tips be used on the tool at the bottom?

Link Posted: 1/19/2016 10:29:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Which tip and technique did you use? .  I've been stippling my pmags and magpul furniture with a standard tip.  I have a fine tip,  I like the look of and I don't need the traction on my PPS.  I was going to go with the fine tip,  but I like the bark look on your PPS job.  Great pics too.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 8:32:22 AM EDT
[#5]
For those that CCW these pistols, how does the stippling do contacting your shirt / body?
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 4:11:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Fooboy:
For those that CCW these pistols, how does the stippling do contacting your shirt / body?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I personally think that everything other than the bark stippling is to aggressive for ccw, I tried the sun burst look on an ar pistol grip, tucked it into my belt to see how it felt and could tell immediately that it was too much.

Originally Posted By Core:
Which tip and technique did you use? .  I've been stippling my pmags and magpul furniture with a standard tip.  I have a fine tip,  I like the look of and I don't need the traction on my PPS.  I was going to go with the fine tip,  but I like the bark look on your PPS job.  Great pics too.

Use a flat tip and practice on a p-mag or something first, it took me about an hour to figure out a good technique for the bark look.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 4:19:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 7/7/2016 8:26:57 AM EDT
[#8]
A few glitches, but not horrible.
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 4:46:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Just read through the whole thread, and have been doing some practice stippling on pmags and AR grips with pretty decent success. About to tackle my G19, but have a question on the undercut of the trigger guard.

Seems like most people are using a dremel for this, but are you using the dremel to give you the actual shape of the undercut or just to make removing the material easier/quicker? Seems like the sanding drums I have for mine are too small in diameter go make the entire undercut. Also, what speed on the dremel, slow or a little higher? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 12:02:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Z33benny] [#10]
So I stippled a few pmags and finally decided to do my shield, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get those clean recessed edges and its killing me. Is it a Dremel? I practiced using the iron on some other plastic but can't get a clean, uniform line. I used a file on mine and ain't happy with my edge, someone be cool and tell me your secrets, lol. Here are some pictures of mine...

Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:44:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lostman518] [#11]
Just did my shield the other day. My second gun that I've done.

Link Posted: 12/17/2016 8:17:04 PM EDT
[#12]
I am a fan of magpull grips for their compartment, but I have extra large hands.

What I like to do to add some size to the grips is give it an aggressive stipple job then hit it with multiple coats of spray on truck bed liner. It adds further texture while toning down the roughness/sharpness of the grip while adding just enough mass to fill my hand a bit better. If you vary the aggressiveness of the stippling you can adjust the palm swell and reach of the grip.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 8:27:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By hodgescl:
I am a fan of magpull grips for their compartment, but I have extra large hands.

What I like to do to add some size to the grips is give it an aggressive stipple job then hit it with multiple coats of spray on truck bed liner. It adds further texture while toning down the roughness/sharpness of the grip while adding just enough mass to fill my hand a bit better. If you vary the aggressiveness of the stippling you can adjust the palm swell and reach of the grip.
View Quote

Have you ever tried a LT APEG grip? They don't have the storage compartment like you prefer, but they're very hand-filling.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 12:06:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: scott69916] [#14]
I know this thread is a few months old but dont care, wanted to share what you can do to some noveske nsr panels in ~90 minutes with a 20 year old $3 iron:

I REGRET NOTHING, ITS AWESOME. Contrary to popular belief it really doesn't tear up your hands at all. Its like very mild sandpaper.

Link Posted: 3/15/2017 1:03:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By scott69916:
I know this thread is a few months old but dont care
View Quote

Yeah, about 100 months old.

Link Posted: 3/15/2017 12:00:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shooter_556] [#16]
Ha I was bored over the weekend and stippled some PMags. Will post some pics later
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 2:02:21 AM EDT
[#17]
I really like this method.  Which tip are you using?
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 8:19:08 AM EDT
[#18]

FYI, if you mess something up or want to re-do a section, the copper spade looking bit in the pic is the easiest and fastest way to smooth down and press out the old stippling for a fresh slate without sanding or removing polymer.  I smoothed out a hideous stippling job of the PO and redid the whole Glock in an hour or so and it turned out beautiful.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 5:21:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quick question. I'm starting fresh with a gen 3 glock 19 frame. Should I sand off the factory texture before starting to stipple?
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 8:54:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Not a lot of information exchange here. It's like look at what I did, cya..  You don't need to remove the original finish you can just stipple over it. I came here to see which tip to use for the bark technique.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 3:37:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By localguitarhero:
I personally think that everything other than the bark stippling is to aggressive for ccw, I tried the sun burst look on an ar pistol grip, tucked it into my belt to see how it felt and could tell immediately that it was too much.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By localguitarhero:
What if you took fine sandpaper to it after stippling?  Would that keep the grippiness while eliminating the roughness that might tear up clothes?
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 4:49:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Is there a temperature that works best for this?

Was thinking about this guy but it doesn't list the wattage.

Wood Burning Kit,72 pcs Wood Burning Tool with Adjustable Temperature 200~450C, Wood Burner Tools Set with Pyrography Pen for Embossing Carving DIY Adults Crafts Beginners https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08GX8FNBT/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_D04XZ7ZJGAF42TPB149J
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 5:29:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By DFA1:
Is there a temperature that works best for this?

Was thinking about this guy but it doesn't list the wattage.

Wood Burning Kit,72 pcs Wood Burning Tool with Adjustable Temperature 200~450C, Wood Burner Tools Set with Pyrography Pen for Embossing Carving DIY Adults Crafts Beginners https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08GX8FNBT/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_D04XZ7ZJGAF42TPB149J
View Quote

Whatever temp soldering irons run at. That's all I've ever used, but I'm no pro.
Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top