Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 36
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 7:29:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Mine doesn't consistently/ distinctively click but if I adjust it slow you can kind of feel it.  I messed around with it a while yesterday smacking the unit itself and the underside of the rail etc. and was able to cause it to shift just by doing that so thinking my screws probably aren't moving as if I kept hitting it, it would go back to zero on it's own.  I think I'm going to keep my screws taped and keep shooting and checking back to see if it does wander whether it will keep going or if it will stop.  If it doesn't go farther than the amount I've seen it move so far I don't think it would be enough to make me miss a target.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good idea with the silicone, I put Nyogel on the threads as well as the oring from the jump, and made sure the battery cap was tight, haven’t had it turn off once, nor have I had the pressure switch pop out under recoil  like others have reported. I also sealed my unit completely with jb weld all the way around including the battery housing for extra rigidity, this was like a month before I saw guys on here taking them apart and making modifications. Interesting point about the stickiness of the tape, I made sure to press down on top of the gorilla square so that it would hold the windage/elevation screw real good, I wonder if the gaffers tape you used wasn’t holding as well? Also my units don’t make consistent distinctive clicks do yours?

Mine doesn't consistently/ distinctively click but if I adjust it slow you can kind of feel it.  I messed around with it a while yesterday smacking the unit itself and the underside of the rail etc. and was able to cause it to shift just by doing that so thinking my screws probably aren't moving as if I kept hitting it, it would go back to zero on it's own.  I think I'm going to keep my screws taped and keep shooting and checking back to see if it does wander whether it will keep going or if it will stop.  If it doesn't go farther than the amount I've seen it move so far I don't think it would be enough to make me miss a target.

Yeah that’s the same with mine, you can kinda feel clicks if you go slow, but I wish they were more positive. Cool, keep us posted, so far you and I are the only users I’ve seen be honest about how these perform on 5.56
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 7:32:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Nope.
View Quote

I doubt that, what setup have you actually tested it properly on?
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 7:47:03 AM EDT
[#3]
OK you caught bro, I don't even own an AR.  Believe whatever you want, I don't give a fuck.
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 11:15:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yeah that’s the same with mine, you can kinda feel clicks if you go slow, but I wish they were more positive. Cool, keep us posted, so far you and I are the only users I’ve seen be honest about how these perform on 5.56
View Quote

I roughly calculated 6" of drift using my reticle so stuck a 9" paper plate on my tree at 120 yards to try and confirm it.  It looks like the max distance it has moved in any direction is probably closer to 4" which is fine for my purposes.  I'll have to keep checking it after shooting to see if it holds but not bad at all for a $250 unit if it does.

If there aren't some units that hold zero better than others I'm guessing that most of them do move but if zeroed against a red dot at a shorter distance it wouldn't be enough to be noticeable or matter.
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 6:02:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
OK you caught bro, I don't even own an AR.  Believe whatever you want, I don't give a fuck.
View Quote

Go take your meds
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 10:23:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Who’s had success adding some more adjustment in? I need my IR flood to go down further to get the laser in the middle. I’d say right now the laser is in the upper 1/3. I swore there was a how-to in here but I can’t seem to find it now.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 4:30:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Who’s had success adding some more adjustment in? I need my IR flood to go down further to get the laser in the middle. I’d say right now the laser is in the upper 1/3. I swore there was a how-to in here but I can’t seem to find it now.
View Quote

Go to a range and set it up at 200m to 300m.  It literally took me 5mins - for IRL and IR Illuminator.  Have the IR illuminator fully open.  I didn't need any additional adjustment.  

Don't sit at home and point the unit at a wall.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 8:31:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Go to a range and set it up at 200m to 300m.  It literally took me 5mins - for IRL and IR Illuminator.  Have the IR illuminator fully open.  I didn't need any additional adjustment.  

Don't sit at home and point the unit at a wall.
View Quote

Not pointing it at any walls. Was doing it at 100 yards. I have another one and it allows me to center it perfectly, so this one is just slightly different.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 8:57:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Not pointing it at any walls. Was doing it at 100 yards. I have another one and it allows me to center it perfectly, so this one is just slightly different.
View Quote

The further, the better - do 1000 if you can The furthest you'll be off is at the muzzle, and it's only the physical distance between the diode and the muzzle/optic (depending how you zero) - which is usually only about 1.5" up/down + right. Since you have two, it's obviously different - but see what increasing the converge distance does for you.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 1:14:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Anyone try the somos CQBL? Looking for something small for an mp5- Tor mini also on the short list. Don't need a thousand yard lightsaber, gonna be used mostly indoors <25 yds. IR illum would be a plus, but not required.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 9:37:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Yeah I think what we're seeing here are some QC issues, specifically dealing with the adjustment systems.  I have 3 of these things now, bought over a period of 12 months, and all three have differing amounts of tension on the adjustment screws, especially on the illum.  While some are extremely difficult to move, others almost "free-wheel" as it were.  This could be why we're seeing such different results with holding zero.  My earliest one had the tightest adjustment system, and it has held up well (approx 100 rds, zero at 25m, shoot at 100m, then re-check zero at 25m).  This is the one I cracked and potted myself.  My latest one has much less tension and I will be watching it closely, maybe even use witness marks to see if it moves any.  It would be a definite improvement if SG would put some kind of clicking system on these things, to help prevent movement.  But then again we are pushing them to their limits.  Or maybe beyond.    

I am definitely trying to get back out to the range for more extensive testing at 100, 200, and 300m.  Plus get round counts up on all three, with both 10.3 and 14.5" bbl's.  I'm just assuming your shorter bbl's/gas systems are harder on the LAMs but don't know for sure.  We shall see.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 7:20:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 7:18:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Decided to see what all the fuss was about, and threw in their bogus TAPS switch just to get up and running the Modlite/SF setup I already have.  Passed on the potting, probably should have asked for unsealed though.

Link Posted: 6/29/2022 10:47:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Nice thing with the peq2 clone is the real diffuser caps are readily available and cheap on eBay to swap over to it. I have yet to find some for my peq15.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 8:47:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Nice thing with the peq2 clone is the real diffuser caps are readily available and cheap on eBay to swap over to it. I have yet to find some for my peq15.
View Quote

https://tnvc.com/shop/l3harris-atpial-c-spare-parts/
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 10:33:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Decided to see what all the fuss was about, and threw in their bogus TAPS switch just to get up and running the Modlite/SF setup I already have.  Passed on the potting, probably should have asked for unsealed though.

https://imgur.com/fvq6H6A.jpg
View Quote

I got one of their switches in with my latest order just to play with. Mounts up tight and works fine with my SF light!
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 10:44:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Holy hell, the PEQ-15 arrived today, shipped out of Virginia, via USPS.  The switch arrives tomorrow from HK via DHL.  Four days on the unit, five days on the switch.  To Florida.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 3:58:32 PM EDT
[#18]

Sweet thanks!
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 8:36:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Holy hell, the PEQ-15 arrived today, shipped out of Virginia, via USPS.  The switch arrives tomorrow from HK via DHL.  Four days on the unit, five days on the switch.  To Florida.
View Quote

So this thing appears to work well, though there's a phantom visible laser spot to the right of the "main" beam.  It's about 1/10th the size of the main beam, and at 6 feet is about an inch to the right, but seems to become non visible when not LARPing drywall beyond 20 feet or so.   IR laser is clean, and after running the illum knobs up and down, able to center illum with laser with plenty of travel left.

Other odd thing is that it not only shipped from the US, it shipped from the East Coast.  Looks like they might be warehousing stock here now.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 7:57:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Can anyone recommend a good Perst-2 knock-off? I'm looking for a unit that has everything (vis light/laser + IR) .
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 12:10:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Can anyone recommend a good Perst-2 knock-off? I'm looking for a unit that has everything (vis light/laser + IR) .
View Quote

Somogear only does a clone of the P4, based on my last visit to their site a month ago.

I’m not aware of anyone doing a P2 clone.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 9:48:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Seen a number of perst-4 on eBay but unsure of quality.
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 10:25:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I have a fake $100 dbal D2 on a 300 blackout suppressed pistol. So far it holds zero and has done well on drills out to 100 yards.
View Quote

Do you have a link to this one? I'm only going to shoot 300 subs.
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 4:58:47 PM EDT
[#24]
is there a TLDR on which ones are the safest bet? might be in the market for a 2nd IR laser,
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 5:52:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
is there a TLDR on which ones are the safest bet? might be in the market for a 2nd IR laser,
View Quote

Any of the $200+ PEQ-15 models seem to be a good bet, as they have adjustable illumination and probably the most tested/abused by end users here and elsewhere.  The internals on all three are the same, it's just the button and cap cosmetics that differ between UHP, Delta and "regular".    

The NGAL has fixed illumination, and the PEQ-2 they rolled out three days ago is just too new to market to trust on a real rifle (as much as you can trust any of this stuff) but that could change.  Haven't heard much about their CQBL-1.
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 6:30:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Any of the $200+ PEQ-15 models seem to be a good bet, as they have adjustable illumination and probably the most tested/abused by end users here and elsewhere.  The internals on all three are the same, it's just the button and cap cosmetics that differ between UHP, Delta and "regular".    

The NGAL has fixed illumination, and the PEQ-2 they rolled out three days ago is just too new to market to trust on a real rifle (as much as you can trust any of this stuff) but that could change.  Haven't heard much about their CQBL-1.
View Quote
thanks. amazon or ebay? brand? somogear?
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 9:34:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

They have their own website if you google it.

I'm not sure if I can link here without angering someone.
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 9:50:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Somogear's website.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 4:02:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 8:34:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Somogear just sent me a message to let me know they are sending me a PEQ-2A to test and give them feedback. I’ll update here when I get it in hand.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 1:41:44 PM EDT
[#31]
I would be in for two of these to clone my issued rifles from back in the day.  Ironically when I was in Afghanistan for the draw down in 2021, the M4 I grabbed from the Arms room was an old school M4, grabbed a TA01nsn, and the only lasers they had were two broken peq15s and 3 peq-2A.  so I grabbed a 2A that was still working after sighting it in before being dropped off in A-stan.  I was wondering if I could find some DCUs to toss on.  What sucks is the kids were so afraid to me it was like going home.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 7:56:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Package came from Somogear today. I’m hoping to get some video tonight. Initial impressions are positive, seems like a really well-made item. Flood bezel seems to rotate about 300 degrees.Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 9:22:25 PM EDT
[#33]

The PEQ-2 has to be the world's friendliest LAM.  I mean, it says "Hi" four times. :)

I did a constant offset zero on my unpotted Somo PEQ-15, and then ran four mags through it, over the course of a couple sessions and transport/fondling.  It's still holding zero.  

I still wish the illum had more flood, wish the lens covers were real diffusers, but still think for $240 it's well worth it.  And the $25 fake TAPS switch they sell?  It's doing ok too, seems put together well, mounts solid, and I don't even notice any difference in light output on my Modlite PHLv2 head compared to using a SF clicky tailcap.

(and yes, that's a fake Unity riser too).

Link Posted: 7/8/2022 9:54:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not sure about any knock-offs but the only other "all in one" unit I'm aware of is a Steiner A4 civilian not a FP version though
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 10:31:03 PM EDT
[#35]
We have a front moving in and the wind is howling so please excuse the wind noise. This was my quick first impression of the PEQ-2A

Hi laser/Hi Illuminator:
PEQ-2A Hi/Hi

Illuminator on High with its tightest spot setting:

Illuminator Spot on Hi
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 10:37:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
We have a front moving in and the wind is howling so please excuse the wind noise. This was my quick first impression of the PEQ-2A

Hi laser/Hi Illuminator:
PEQ-2A Hi/Hi

Illuminator Spot on Hi
View Quote

Looks good. Sent a follow request. Nfa_junky on IG
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 12:46:39 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hi laser/Hi Illuminator:
PEQ-2A Hi/Hi

Illuminator Spot on Hi

Followed you back.

It really is impressive. They have the illuminator just about perfect now. Even on the tightest spot setting it’s very usable even up close.
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 8:15:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Followed you back.

It really is impressive. They have the illuminator just about perfect now. Even on the tightest spot setting it’s very usable even up close.
View Quote

How tight does the laser look at distance?  Does it seem correct, or is it huge?
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 9:53:02 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

How tight does the laser look at distance?  Does it seem correct, or is it huge?
View Quote

It’s really tight, just some blooming on high. Here’s a video of the laser only:

Laser only, High setting

Edited to add:  it was extremely windy last night and that puts a lot of ocean spray in the air. That also diffused the laser a bit, but overall I’m extremely impressed.
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 10:05:06 AM EDT
[#40]
So which one of these is the newest version on the peq 15. I have a new LE-420 Holosun in bound but I am very interested in one of these.
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 10:18:59 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
So which one of these is the newest version on the peq 15. I have a new LE-420 Holosun in bound but I am very interested in one of these.
View Quote

All the $200+ PEQ-15's are the same internals, only difference is the housing/button colors, and your choice of red or green vis laser.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 3:46:02 AM EDT
[#42]
I’ve gotta say…seeing the new peq2’s they came out with, look really solid! My ONLY two gripes…

1) the mount screw on top looks to be flush, whereas on the real one it stick ups a bit. Not sure if one would be able to source an aftermarket or the same screw but in a longer length that could remedy if anyone truly cared about THAT aesthetic aspect.

2) the blue safety has in itself what appears to be the same type of safety screw you’d find on like a peq15. Again, if anyone who’s ordered one and happens to have a real peq2 safety block laying around to see if it’s compatible to swap out, that’d be amazing. Otherwise, at least it can always be removed as I’ve seen quite a few pics where there is no safety block or just reverse it to the black.

Other than that, I’d probably plan on swapping the mount for a real one or even biting the bullet for a Larue qd mount which according to their site is still available in stock. Other than those 2 things I’ve already placed an order for 2, but the vis laser versions as I’ll mainly be using em for larp an gram shots. Nonetheless I’m stoked and glad a company has decided to replicate the peq2
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 2:23:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Ordered a potted and sealed PEQ-15 w/red visible and two of the dual switches for my 15-22 to clone my centerfire night gun, which has an ATPIAL-C.  Over all unit seems really nice for the price.  The adjustable illuminator is a cool "upgrade" and the laser is a bit stronger than the ATPIAL in my brief pointing around the dark house.  Biggest disappointment thus far is the illuminator zero adjustments (knobs instead of screws), so hoping one of those doesn't get busted off.  So far so good tho!
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 2:06:36 AM EDT
[#44]
sorta OT but who is the brand of clone NVG mounts that where decent? I seem to recall the sionyx guys liking a particular brand.

ETA it was sotac IIRC
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 9:40:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

ETA it was sotac IIRC
View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 9:01:40 AM EDT
[#46]
How fast are people getting the plotted units. I ordered a UHP with a switch. Just wondering what the delivery times are.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 11:15:42 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
How fast are people getting the plotted units. I ordered a UHP with a switch. Just wondering what the delivery times are.
View Quote

Ordered a potted one on 7/4, and it was in my mailbox on 7/11.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 9:26:53 PM EDT
[#48]
How is the peq2?  I could Use one
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 10:38:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
How is the peq2?  I could Use one
View Quote

I get to shoot it on Wednesday. I’ll start with a .22 and if that holds zero, move up to a 5.56. As far as the function, it’s a lot better than my PEQ-15 UHP. The illuminator has a lot more flood and the adjustments seem like centering the illuminator with the laser should be easy.
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 2:17:37 AM EDT
[#50]
I put a real peq15 diffuser lens cap on my somogear peq15. It's one of the older models with the narrow illuminator.

It... diffuses.

It's quite useful for indoors.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Page / 36
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top