You guys should throw some pics down once you get your new cool shit
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 9:07:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm in
Been holding out for an E-COTI but this price is too good to pass up

JRH is going to sell me one with the BNVD adapter today
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 10:11:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Kpog said this deal is running though August. I’d still like to know is this a overrun contract a new price going foward or what?  Maybe JRH can answer that?
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 10:23:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Kpog said this deal is running though August. I’d still like to know is this a overrun contract a new price going foward or what?  Maybe JRH can answer that?
View Quote

Crossing my fingers this deal keeps moving forward longer than that

If one of you dudes get bored with this thing after 6 months or so give me a shout!
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 10:32:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 11:34:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Have not heard for sure. But I'm personally "taking the gap" to be sure :)

For those that asked all of which I emailed back- it will work with the PVS31 but requires a special bracket that evidently they are pretty proud of.... cost of bracket listed in email replies for those that asked about the PVS31 bracket.

View Quote

Asking because I am not sure, but my particular PAS 29 has two attachment rings, one is bigger for the 14, and the other has some plastic pieces that fit inside a bigger ring. Any idea what that fits exactly? I have seen a few things but not enough to be sure. I will have to try to take a pic tonight.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 11:49:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 12:17:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Have several units in bound myself. Will get some pics posted of them mounted up on BNVDs when they arrive as soon as I have a few minutes. Thanks :)
View Quote
Have Robert call me.

(Thanks, Robert!)
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 12:19:42 PM EDT
[#9]
How well do these work as a handheld scanner when not attached to a night vision device? I see there’s an optional eye piece attachment.

Link Posted: 7/17/2020 12:23:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
How well do these work as a handheld scanner when not attached to a night vision device? I see there's an optional eye piece attachment.

View Quote
@Chase45

I believe he was selling the items needed in the EE.

Link Posted: 7/17/2020 12:45:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Someone tell me what the catch is here before I waste $3000.  

But if legit I'm all over that.
View Quote

ECOSI is the new hotness.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 2:32:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Count another poor arfcomer abused by this thread.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 3:33:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 3:34:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
How well do these work as a handheld scanner when not attached to a night vision device? I see there’s an optional eye piece attachment.

View Quote

Very poorly with super tight eye relief and a tiny image. I’d avoid it. Also it’s red only, which is a bit strange to use on its own.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 3:48:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

My understanding is that these may be discontinued or going to be. If they are will there be any issues getting them serviced or getting parts? I don't know of that's an issue or not?

Not trying to be a debbie downer but I haven't seen this mentioned yet.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 4:03:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

My understanding is that these may be discontinued or going to be. If they are will there be any issues getting them serviced or getting parts? I don't know of that's an issue or not?

Not trying to be a debbie downer but I haven't seen this mentioned yet.
View Quote

You Debbie downer!!

Link Posted: 7/17/2020 4:06:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 4:18:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Have not heard that but the standard 1 year warranty does apply to them. They haven't offered a longer warranty than that.

The ones I've had since 2010-11 are still working fine.
View Quote

10-4

That's a good bit of time
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 4:38:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'm in
Been holding out for an E-COTI but this price is too good to pass up

JRH is going to sell me one with the BNVD adapter today
View Quote

@Lowdown3 Robert is there a BNVD adapter? Since the BNVD use the 14 objective lock rings and glass no adapter is needed or does the BNVD adapter allow for better clocking of the COTI?
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 4:40:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

@Lowdown3 Robert is there a BNVD adapter? Since the BNVD use the 14 objective lock rings and glass no adapter is needed or does the BNVD adapter allow for better clocking of the COTI?
View Quote

In for this answer too. Robert said one was not needed on the RNVG, but now that I think about it they both should be identical PVS glass where it attaches. I wonder if its a difference in the body or something?
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 4:45:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Fuck.  lol
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 4:50:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 4:57:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Have not heard that but the standard 1 year warranty does apply to them. They haven't offered a longer warranty than that.

The ones I've had since 2010-11 are still working fine.
View Quote

If you need a guy to do a independent review for the low cost of a coti give me a holler

Worth a shot am I right?
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 5:04:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 5:05:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
If you need a guy to do a independent review for the low cost of a coti give me a holler
View Quote

There’s been a few threads on them over the years already...
https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/Optics-1-Pas-29-COTI-any-user-feedback-/18-509367/#i5277026
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 5:16:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

There’s been a few threads on them over the years already...
https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/Optics-1-Pas-29-COTI-any-user-feedback-/18-509367/#i5277026
View Quote

But there hasnt been a chase45 thread on them yet

Im mostly joking.

Mostly....

Link Posted: 7/17/2020 5:42:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The BNVD adapter is for the USSOCOM BNVD family, AKA the L3Harris AN/PVS-31A, and also works with the GPNVG-18, etc.

Any unit using PVS-14 style optics including the RNVG, DTNVG, and PVS-14 BNVDs from Night Vision Devices require the PVS-7/14 adapter.

The PVS-15 and Marine Corps SBNVG (Elbit Systems of America F5032 BNVD) require their own proprietary adapters, though you can sometimes get adapters to work with different optics setups using shims and/or the rubber the sleeve that should come with the adapter.

There is no adapter that will work properly with lobed ANVIS-style translating objective lenses, though the PVS-7/14 adapter may clamp backwards over rotating AVS-9 objectives depending on the lobe configuration, as well as older low-profile AVS-6 translating lenses.

Hopefully this clears up any confusion about the adapters and which one to get.

~Augee
View Quote
Damn.  So it won't work on my MOD3 without replacing the objective.

Actually I'm a little relieved.  
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 6:01:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Not trying to stir shit up but...meanwhile on Snipers Hide Snipers Hide COTI deal thread

BLUF: One hide user says it's the older dq'd unit and Vic confirms...

Only posting this because some folks may want to know if they're buying something that's discontinued.

ETA: If it is, it should say so in the Europtic product page IMO

Link Posted: 7/17/2020 6:12:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Not trying to stir shit up but...meanwhile on Snipers Hide Snipers Hide COTI deal thread

BLUF: One hide user says it's the older dq'd unit and Vic confirms...

Only posting this because some folks may want to know if they're buying something that's discontinued.

ETA: If it is, it should say so in the Europtic product page IMO

View Quote

You damn Debbie downer!

So realistically that means that past the warranty period it might be hard to get something fixed.

Hopefully from the crayon eaters having it it’s as sturdy as I’m hoping. I beat up my gear.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 6:17:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You damn Debbie downer!

So realistically that means that past the warranty period it might be hard to get something fixed.

Hopefully from the crayon eaters having it it’s as sturdy as I’m hoping. I beat up my gear.
View Quote

I wonder if this conversly means itll be the last time civis can get in on something like this since the ecoti isn't available to us peasants.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 6:17:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

You damn Debbie downer!

View Quote

I have no idea but that's a good question for the mfg. I doubt the sellers have much to do with it.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 6:19:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I wonder if this conversly means itll be the last time civis can get in on something like this since the ecoti isn't available to us peasants.
View Quote

That’s a really good question.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 6:21:23 PM EDT
[#33]
So the bnvd adapter from JRH will fit the PVS-31A? Instead on mounting on the objective, it'd mount on the body?
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 6:30:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 7:29:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 7:34:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 7:51:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The manufacturer has at times in the past done civilian sales of this product and at times has not.

They confirmed at Shot show this January that the E coti was no being sold to civilians, "The Captain" made that abundantly clear.

They have a 1 year warranty. They had the same 1 year warranty back in 2010'ish when I first got one. My first unit and another unit I bought back from a customer during one of the "we aren't selling to civilians now" phases a little while after that are still functioning just fine.

Euro and NVD bought a ton of these, hence the deal. They have a 1 year warranty.

There could definitely be a new model coming out- will it be  available to civilians???? Who knows and no one can legitimately speculate on that.

Bird in the hand or not even one in the bush but one as a possible maybe at some point in time chance of happening... Your call.

Is the thermal as good as say an IR patrol or something?

No, but keep in mind the idea is to mate it with your NV to create a FUSION system, no one buys these for simply a stand alone thermal and I've had that conversation 47 times today that people shouldn't buy these for a stand alone thermal, but to create a FUSION system for their Night vision they already have.
View Quote

Answered a lot of my questions Robert! There is bunch of good info on this thread, thanks to all!!!
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 8:17:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Robert got me hooked up.

And now, in combination with the TNVC July 4th sale, I'm into Gen 3 white phosphor with thermal fusion for $5300. Unbelievable.

Gun and ammo prices are nuts right now, but these are night vision salad days.

Take advantage and prepare accordingly, brothers.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 8:21:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Robert got me hooked up.

And now, in combination with the TNVC July 4th sale, I'm into Gen 3 white phosphor with thermal fusion for $5300. Unbelievable.

View Quote

Congrats and agreed on the salad days.

I remember when the shittiest thermal was like 60K
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 8:22:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Robert got me hooked up.

View Quote

It’s like your making money!

Really though that’s great.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 8:24:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 8:25:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Welp for those on the fence keep in mind ill buy your lightly used coti down the road if there are any regrets
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 8:45:30 PM EDT
[#43]
I couldn't resist, a friend and I both got one this afternoon from JRH. I'll try and do a writeup in a couple of months after we put them through some heavy use. Maybe some cool video too since there isn't much out there
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 8:48:10 PM EDT
[#44]
My order is placed. It was too irresistible at this price
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 9:15:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Robert got me hooked up.

View Quote

That is pretty f’n awesome timing
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 9:16:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Welp for those on the fence keep in mind ill buy your lightly used coti down the road if there are any regrets
View Quote

Just do it it’s only money. ??
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 9:26:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Just do it it’s only money. ??
View Quote

Don't

I'm weak
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 9:37:31 PM EDT
[#48]
I watched quite a few videos on YouTube of them in use over the last few weeks, and it just didn't really grab me and impress me. I really wanted to like it, I really did. But I've decided to pass this deal up in favor of a true thermal unit.

I'm sure they would work well for CQB, but I'm looking for longer range detection. The other thing that I didn't really like was the "edge detection" look -- I prefer a brighter white heat signature.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 10:03:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I watched quite a few videos on YouTube of them in use over the last few weeks, and it just didn't really grab me and impress me. I really wanted to like it, I really did. But I've decided to pass this deal up in favor of a true thermal unit.

I'm sure they would work well for CQB, but I'm looking for longer range detection. The other thing that I didn't really like was the "edge detection" look -- I prefer a brighter white heat signature.
View Quote

I was in the same boat and thought of the COTI as a "nice to have" but not as useful as a dedicated thermal scanner. But then I considered that I should jump on the COTI while it's roughly the price of a Breach and a bridge mount.

There are a lot of thermal solutions geared toward mid-to-long range detection that'll be available down the road. This deal seemed more like a "now or never".

But don't let me tempt you.

Link Posted: 7/17/2020 10:05:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

The COTI will detect out a few hundred yards. ID is obviously going to need to be with higher magnification i2 or thermal scope/scanner. The whole point of it is so you don't have to stop to scan for living things, just constant movement.

Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top