Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 1:55:14 PM EDT
[#1]
My TNVC PVS-14 was dropped off today!
Looking forward to checking things out tonight after work.

I bought a new Norotos Rhino II Ti in black with a new J-arm.
After reading this thread I also ordered a Wilcox L4 G24 and arm assembly thinking the Norotos must be crazy inferior.

I have very little experience with NV on a helmet, definitely not a pro.
Comparing the two sets, the Wilcox feels slightly more solid, maybe heavier, it does sit lower than the Norotos, but not by a huge margin.
The Norotos bayonet mount feels less secure than the dovetail mount on the Wilcox, but no wiggle on either.
Any flex seems to be in the Norotos polymer J-arm.
The Norotos does not require a button to be pushed to raise or lower the mount, a plus for me (faster maybe).
The Wilcox has many more individual parts, not a fan of that either.

The Norotos assembly with J arm was about $130 shipped, the Wilcox was over $650 for both parts.
Looking back over the thread, I think the other members that suggest a Norotos Rhino II Ti Mount with the PVS15 dovetail adapter have it right.
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 2:42:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Look at the unity fast mount has irons built into it
View Quote

Thanks, I'll take a look
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 2:54:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Thanks, I'll take a look
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, I'll take a look

@DV8EDD
Also check out the Unity Fusion line. Either in conjunction with their FAST mounts or a standard rear iron.

I'm a big fan of almost all of their products, just not their speed of production.
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 4:16:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Excellent recommendation.  FAST with LEAF gives you a complete BUIS with the Micro/D2 combo.
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 4:31:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a Scalarworks which I like a lot but might change it up at some point.  if not I'll stick with my current BUIS rear and add a leaf.  that might be easiest on my pockets since I'm spending money like crazy.
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 5:28:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone else's FedEx tracking not updating or do I just have bad luck? Hasn't updated since Friday and says it is expected to be here today.
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 5:31:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Anyone else's FedEx tracking not updating or do I just have bad luck? Hasn't updated since Friday and says it is expected to be here today.
View Quote

Same same. Dying to go for a motorcycle ride, but I don't want to miss this signature required delivery.
Did yours initially say Thursday, then update to Tuesday a couple days ago?
I hate Fedex Home with a passion.

No other tracking info enroute. Just pickup, and says it'll be here. Doesn't seem normal, but Home does things different then regular Fedex.
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 5:43:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Same same. Dying to go for a motorcycle ride, but I don't want to miss this signature required delivery.
Did yours initially say Thursday, then update to Tuesday a couple days ago?
I hate Fedex Home with a passion.

No other tracking info enroute. Just pickup, and says it'll be here. Doesn't seem normal, but Home does things different then regular Fedex.
View Quote

It was initially Wednesday.
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 6:18:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It was initially Wednesday.
View Quote

Mine just changed to Wednesday. After sitting around all day waiting on those morons, I get to do it again tomorrow.  Did I mention I hate Fedex?
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 6:41:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Mine just changed to Wednesday. After sitting around all day waiting on those morons, I get to do it again tomorrow.  Did I mention I hate Fedex?
View Quote

Well I guess I know what mine will be doing. Luckily I’m working from home.

Edit: Welp. Tomorrow maybe.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 12:58:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, anyone in the 1-2 week window hear anything?
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 2:45:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Well, anyone in the 1-2 week window hear anything?
View Quote

I haven't.

Maybe they meant 1-2 weeks after the first ones ship out. It's a big purchase to go past the quoted ship date and not hear anything, but it seems like all NV related stuff is the same. Wizard Vision is definitely not for the impatient.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 7:51:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fedex is terrible
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 8:03:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Fedex is terrible
View Quote

My driver is a very pleasant fellow though. He could tell that I was in Stalker Mode when he arrived. Put some pep in his step.

So, WOOT!

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/24/2020 11:15:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 3:43:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Welp, just got the shipment notice from Fed-ex
That’s a pleasant surprise
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 3:55:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Couple of questions for the TNVC crew:

- Any upcoming deals for Labor Day?

- I'm pretty close to your facility. When I make a purchase, would it be possible to pick up the item in person to save on shipping costs? I'm already getting the shaft with sales tax, so any savings, no matter how minor, would be nice. Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 3:56:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Welp, just got the shipment notice from Fed-ex
That’s a pleasant surprise
View Quote

Me too!
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 5:00:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Y’all are getting my hopes up as I was in the 1-2 week crowd!

Added: Got shipping confirmation!
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 7:49:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 12:46:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Added: Got shipping confirmation!
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/25/2020 1:00:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

You're not alone...Last few days getting several reports of this, including a few deliveries I had coming. Not sure if it was location area driven issues.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're not alone...Last few days getting several reports of this, including a few deliveries I had coming. Not sure if it was location area driven issues.

Just a heads up, but you guys may take a look at some of the things happening at the Bloomington, CA FedEx hub.

There have been quite a few reports lately of firearms and firearm related parts/gear going missing at that facility. As recent as two weeks ago the ATF had to conduct an investigation of that facility to find a missing AK. My RNVGs show to have departed that facility as of 8:21 p.m. on the 23rd so hopefully I'm good, but I also haven't seen an update in over 24 hours.
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 7:34:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Just a heads up, but you guys may take a look at some of the things happening at the Bloomington, CA FedEx hub.

There have been quite a few reports lately of firearms and firearm related parts/gear going missing at that facility. As recent as two weeks ago the ATF had to conduct an investigation of that facility to find a missing AK. My RNVGs show to have departed that facility as of 8:21 p.m. on the 23rd so hopefully I'm good, but I also haven't seen an update in over 24 hours.
View Quote

Interesting. I got an exception that my barcode was unreadable at that same hub.
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 8:55:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Interesting. I got an exception that my barcode was unreadable at that same hub.
View Quote

I got the exact same exception yesterday at that hub and they pushed the expected delivery back a day.
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 9:19:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I got the exact same exception yesterday at that hub and they pushed the expected delivery back a day.
View Quote

Mines still showing Monday, but I’m doubting it. Coming to TX from CA and it just shipped Friday? There was no departure scan, either.
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 12:03:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I placed two orders last Sunday. One from TNVC and the other from NightGoggles. The order from TNVC sat in the Bloomington hub for 36hrs before it finally departed. My order from NightGoggles sat for 41hrs before departing the same hub. TNVC order made it here yesterday...NightGoggles order is due Monday. My tracking numbers updated like normal but I have had deliveries from them that never updated tracking until it was on truck for delivery.
Hearing the problems they are having at that hub make me wonder about my packages that sat for over 24hrs...I need to inspect the packaging and see if there is any evidence of opening and re-sealing.
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 12:50:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 2:54:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Like to investigate myself. Thanks for the heads up!
View Quote

When I ordered from NGI about 10 days ago, I don't recall seeing an option to insure shipment.  Any way to add that?
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 3:06:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:39:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Got my '14 that I ordered about 10 minutes after they went on sale and had the same issue as OP with getting the J-Arm to fit a Rhino 2.  Got it to click after some light filing.

I finally got the unit aligned properly to my eye and walked around the house/star gazed for awhile.  Very impressed.

Then I came back inside and went on an ordering frenzy for a new mount with dovetail to replace the wobbly ass J-Arm, a Surefire Scout IR for my helmet, a Surefire IR light/laser for the .22 pistol, and a Steiner Refocus Ring (eyeing the Tarsier Eclipse now too).

The night vision rabbit hole is expensive!
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:54:54 AM EDT
[#31]
You guys that have ordered these and received them...

Is the picture better than what some of the photos that have been posted here?  Is it peoples camera/photography skills that make the image look pretty grainy/noisy and blurred?  

Do the images look better with a Illuminator?

I just can't decide whether to go this route or filmless.  I know filmless is better, still saving a bit more before I bite the bullet.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 8:31:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Is the picture better than what some of the photos that have been posted here?  Is it peoples camera/photography skills that make the image look pretty grainy/noisy and blurred?  

I just can't decide whether to go this route or filmless.  I know filmless is better, still saving a bit more before I bite the bullet.
View Quote

In person it’s always significantly better. Videos are more telling than photos - because you can see the noise come/go.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:53:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

I can tell you firsthand that the NGI XLS with average specs is a solid performer. It’s basically the same tube as the SLH & YH Elbit’s and they are classified as XLSH due to any of several factors that keep them from being SLH/VH.

It could be spots or any one of the specs being lower than the threshold for SLH/VH. This isn’t referenced at you btw, but these are autogated. I’ve been seen this asked and I don’t know where this is coming from. If someone is spreading this bad information it’s either intentional or they don’t know WTF they are talking about.

Standby for some video showing these NGI XLS models in comparison to filmless in the coming days. ??
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 2:20:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I can tell you firsthand that the NGI XLS with average specs is a solid performer. It’s basically the same tube as the SLH & YH Elbit’s and they are classified as XLSH due to any of several factors that keep them from being SLH/VH.

It could be spots or any one of the specs being lower than the threshold for SLH/VH. This isn’t referenced at you btw, but these are autogated. I’ve been seen this asked and I don’t know where this is coming from. If someone is spreading this bad information it’s either intentional or they don’t know WTF they are talking about.

Standby for some video showing these NGI XLS models in comparison to filmless in the coming days. ??
View Quote

Done it ;) though it wasn't an NGI/TNVC build, it was the same tube.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 2:41:10 PM EDT
[#35]

Your thread was extremely helpful. ??
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 3:44:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Please forgive my ignorance,

Wife OK'd buying some NVG's so I am thinking about the binos ( https://www.nightgoggles.com/shop/night-vision/night-vision-goggles/ngi-rnvg-xls-elbit-systems-gen-3-thin-filmed-white-phosphor/ )

Now to attach theses to my issued ACH, using the link to modify a RHINO II mount what else will I need to buy?

1) RHINO II MOUNT
2) Dovetail Adapter ( https://tnvc.com/shop/norotos-pvs-15-pvs-18-socket-for-aka2-mount/ )

but then some people said they bought this third item

3) https://tnvc.com/shop/norotos-dual-dovetail-interface-arm-for-pvs-14/ , however I'm not sure what this third item is for?

Could anyone clarify what additional items I would need to attach these binos to an ACH with the factory female RHINO mount already installed on my ACH?
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 3:47:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Wife OK'd buying some NVG's so I am thinking about the binos ( https://www.nightgoggles.com/shop/night-vision/night-vision-goggles/ngi-rnvg-xls-elbit-systems-gen-3-thin-filmed-white-phosphor/ )

Now to attach theses to my issued ACH, using the link to modify a RHINO II mount what else will I need to buy?

1) RHINO II MOUNT
2) Dovetail Adapter ( https://tnvc.com/shop/norotos-pvs-15-pvs-18-socket-for-aka2-mount/ )

3) https://tnvc.com/shop/norotos-dual-dovetail-interface-arm-for-pvs-14/ , however I'm not sure what this third item is for?

Could anyone clarify what additional items I would need to attach these binos to an ACH with the factory female RHINO mount already installed on my ACH?
View Quote

You need item number 3 just to give the 14 a male dovetail to slide into the female socket you have listed as number 2.

ETA - never mind, I thought you were after a 14. If you get the RNVG or DTNVG, all you need is the first two.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 3:55:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

1) RHINO II MOUNT

View Quote

You need #1 and #2 however I would recommend skipping the Rhino II and getting the Wilcox L4/G24, Norotos Lo-Sto, or similar mounts that are designed specifically for binos.

The R2 will stick the RNVG way up above your head and if you get the R2, it will be a stop gap because trust me you will ditch it.

ETA: Just get the G24.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 4:14:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sending you a PM. @will-1

ETA: In the second paragraph of This Ad it states that the XLS tubes are NOT autogated.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 5:59:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

ETA: In the second paragraph of This Ad it states that the XLS tubes are NOT autogated.
View Quote

To be fair to Robert, he might of have been thinking of the “XLS” tubes that NVD used to sell that were non-autogated. When these XLSH’s started showing up in social media I also originally thought that they might be the non-autogated XLS tubes.

With that said, I don’t believe there are any actual “XLS” tubes any longer (someone correct me if I’m wrong), so saying that the XLS are non-autogated would appear as though he is referring to the Night Goggles XLS which are in fact 100% autogated.

IMO, unless there is an actual XLS tube designation that is non-autogated, then that should be corrected because it is misleading.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 5:59:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 6:17:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/468022/40F8A932-6A80-47EC-A68D-D2AFE7C4D3AB-1520442.jpg

~Augee

Thanks for that Augee.  So I’ve seen XLS and XLSH tubes mentioned here.. are they they same or different?
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 6:22:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

To be fair to Robert, he might of have been thinking of the “XLS” tubes that NVD used to sell that were non-autogated. When these XLSH’s started showing up in social media I also originally thought that they might be the non-autogated XLS tubes.

With that said, I don’t believe there are any actual “XLS” tubes any longer (someone correct me if I’m wrong), so saying that the XLS are non-autogated would appear as though he is referring to the Night Goggles XLS which are in fact 100% autogated.

IMO, unless there is an actual XLS tube designation that is non-autogated, then that should be corrected because it is misleading.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In for an answer on this.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 7:01:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 7:26:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 7:28:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 7:51:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I added that part last fall when we got accused of selling the lower grade xls tubes when we offered a $1999. PVS14 around black friday. Up to today's date we have not offered any xls/xlsh tubes for sale despite being accused of doing that last fall.

To be honest we sell so few green phos 14s any more I hadn't even checked over that listing in a long while. I have corrected it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I added that part last fall when we got accused of selling the lower grade xls tubes when we offered a $1999. PVS14 around black friday. Up to today's date we have not offered any xls/xlsh tubes for sale despite being accused of doing that last fall.

To be honest we sell so few green phos 14s any more I hadn't even checked over that listing in a long while. I have corrected it.

Link Posted: 7/26/2020 7:54:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I cannot speak to the internal grading systems used by other vendors to sort tubes, I can only speak to NGI and TNVC.

The tube types we procure from ESA-NV are designated by Elbit Systems of America as “YH” (MILSPEC), “SLH” (COMSPEC), and “XLSH” (also COMSPEC).

Since all of the ESA P/Ns end in “H,” we opted to drop it in our own branding for the NGI XLS systems that use factory ESA-NV 9415 and 9400 XLSH tubes, and are all U.S. Gen. 3 Gated Thin-Filmed White Phosphor image intensifiers.

We do not at this time sell any Gen. 3 non-gated tubes in any TNV or NGI system.

Other vendors may opt to brand, designate, advertise, or classify their own systems differently.

~Augee
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks for that Augee.  So I’ve seen XLS and XLSH tubes mentioned here.. are they they same or different?

I cannot speak to the internal grading systems used by other vendors to sort tubes, I can only speak to NGI and TNVC.

The tube types we procure from ESA-NV are designated by Elbit Systems of America as “YH” (MILSPEC), “SLH” (COMSPEC), and “XLSH” (also COMSPEC).

Since all of the ESA P/Ns end in “H,” we opted to drop it in our own branding for the NGI XLS systems that use factory ESA-NV 9415 and 9400 XLSH tubes, and are all U.S. Gen. 3 Gated Thin-Filmed White Phosphor image intensifiers.

We do not at this time sell any Gen. 3 non-gated tubes in any TNV or NGI system.

Other vendors may opt to brand, designate, advertise, or classify their own systems differently.

~Augee

Thanks for that information Augee
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 11:37:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

It was corrected and yes the way I understand it some of that grade are non gated.
View Quote

Wait, so is there an actual Elbit XLS grade?
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 11:09:43 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top