Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 23
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 5:24:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Order 754X, received today, RNVGs. I was originally told June 20th, so kudos to TNVC and NGI for banging these out.

Boths tubes are very clean (as far as I can tell), no super tubes, but solid specs for the money. They looked great for the 5min that I played with them. Hopefully the neighbors don't catch me LAARPing around the neighborhood tonight.

Also, n00b question, what is 2x10-6 fc (K)? The numbers look like gain?

L/R

Luminous: 2389/2288
Radiant: 262/251
Halo: 0.99/0.98
EBI: 0.98/1.01
2x10-6 fc (K): 69237/68578
Res: 68/64
FOM: 1754.4/1664
SNR: 25.8/26
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 10:30:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Went for a hike last night and enjoyed some star gazing.

Here’s some pictures of my tubs and rig.

DTNVS rig
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 10:32:23 AM EDT
[#3]
2x10-6 fc (k) is the Luminescence Gain
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 4:12:51 PM EDT
[#4]
@AR3S your pictures didn't come through. Let's see some of these XLS photos!
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 5:39:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@AR3S your pictures didn't come through. Let's see some of these XLS photos!
View Quote

Posted the link to imgur. My post count isn't high enough yet for them to display on site.
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 3:32:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Just received #7577 DTNVS, specs seem to be pretty good based on my very basic understanding. 3 noticeable blems in left tube, one decent sized, but in line with expectations for the cost of the units.

Luminous: 2091/2193
Halo: 0.90/0.79
EBI: 0.38/.56
Res: 76/76
FOM: 2302/2295
SNR: 30.3/30.2

My buddy also received his today (7580) and his specs are damn near identical, even blems wise.

Now the bad. Right tube appears to have a sensor issue and shuts off when manipulated. I've tried just about everything but left tube seems to function just fine. So needless to say, I'm a little miffed having to deal with this after waiting for months. And before anyone asks, yes, I have contacted TNVC/ Nightgoggles. Sam reached out within 15 minutes of my email and is getting it squared away.

Link Posted: 4/5/2021 9:54:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Now the bad. Right tube appears to have a sensor issue and shuts off when manipulated. I've tried just about everything but left tube seems to function just fine. So needless to say, I'm a little miffed having to deal with this after waiting for months. And before anyone asks, yes, I have contacted TNVC/ Nightgoggles. Sam reached out within 15 minutes of my email and is getting it squared away.

View Quote

Is the issue when your articulating the tube or adjusting the optics?

I ask because my right tube will shut off when I move it around some times. I haven't called yet but will after I get a couple more nights to play with them...
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 10:26:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Got my 14 today with these specs:

lum: 2230
Halo: .75
EBI: 1.02
Res: 81
SNR: 28.9
Fom: 2340

Had it out tonight under cloudy skies with a little back light out in the country and it has a pretty noticeable spot in zone 2.  No other spots to speak of.  

I can see a lot of static though in the image and the loaners I have looked through did not have that, I had the to turn the gain down below a 1/3 before the image cleaned up.   I want to get it out on a bright cloudless night and see how it looks then.
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 10:42:54 PM EDT
[#9]
I actually noticed some pretty strange behavior from my DTNVS unit also. The right pod started flickering out of nowhere, but went away. Also, it seems that if you power on the unit while it's pointing down, the feature that auto powers off the pods when they're rolled out does not turn off the pods. It's not until you point the unit up towards an upwards angle that the device properly turns off.

Not sure if this is expected behavior, but seems strange. My BNVD unit would always power off the pods when they get rolled outwards no matter the orientation of the goggles.
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 11:51:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I ask because my right tube will shut off when I move it around some times. I haven't called yet but will after I get a couple more nights to play with them...
View Quote

It’s when I articulate the tube. Does not seem to have the issue when facing down. Sam sounds like he has got it diagnosed based on our conversation.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 12:17:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It’s when I articulate the tube. Does not seem to have the issue when facing down. Sam sounds like he has got it diagnosed based on our conversation.
View Quote

Ok sounds like the same thing I'm seeing. I'll give em a call tomorrow...
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 9:48:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I actually noticed some pretty strange behavior from my DTNVS unit also. The right pod started flickering out of nowhere, but went away. Also, it seems that if you power on the unit while it's pointing down, the feature that auto powers off the pods when they're rolled out does not turn off the pods. It's not until you point the unit up towards an upwards angle that the device properly turns off.

Not sure if this is expected behavior, but seems strange. My BNVD unit would always power off the pods when they get rolled outwards no matter the orientation of the goggles.

Wow is this normal for DTNVS units?  Sounds like an underlying problem if it's three people having issues like that.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 12:55:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 1:16:49 PM EDT
[#14]
I talked to Sam through email and he noted that it sounds like my unit is behaving as expected. The flickering that I saw is sign of a bad sensor in the unit, a low battery, or a battery cap not tightened enough.

That's a good point Augee about learning the intricacies in operation of the unit. I haven't seen documentation or videos anywhere really that go into detail about expected operation of the DTNVS, do you happen to know where we can find that?
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 3:40:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Talked with Sam and he thinks what I'm seeing is expected with the smart shut off and to play with it for a few more nights to see if it gets worse.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 3:54:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 4:16:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Got my pvs14 today! 753x

Luminous 2091
Halo .95
EBI .29
Resolution 64
SNR 23.5
FOM 1504
Spots pass
View Quote
While not as impressive specs as others here, I've been thrilled with these! I've taken friends/family out with them and all were amazed at what can be seen vs my digital nv toys.

Most cool was taking my wife's 88 year old gramps on what appeared to be a dark night in the woods and letting him stargaze and look down his drive without any lights. He was flabbergasted (and almost nothing surprises him). So much fun and more pleased with this purchase than almost anything else I've bought in years.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 7:58:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Any updates for the guys who had April ship dates?  Anyone wanna post what they got recently?
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 8:45:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Any updates for the guys who had April ship dates?  Anyone wanna post what they got recently?
View Quote

Yes pics please!! Also, I was originally quoted for June and had ordered RNVGs. Upgraded to the dtnvs last week and was told they’ll ship next week.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 9:02:22 PM EDT
[#20]
I’ve got an April ship date. No word yet.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 9:49:25 PM EDT
[#21]
April 20th was mine, really hope to get a notification next week.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 6:30:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I’ve got an April ship date. No word yet.
View Quote

Quoted:
April 20th was mine, really hope to get a notification next week.
View Quote

Ditto
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 7:17:07 AM EDT
[#23]
For those with April ship dates, what did you order and when were your orders placed?
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 9:22:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
For those with April ship dates, what did you order and when were your orders placed?
View Quote

PVS-14,  <30 min after announced, order 751X
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 10:15:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pvs14 - don’t remember exact timing but very soon after ordering opened up.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 10:46:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Same

752*
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 12:08:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Wow is this normal for DTNVS units?  Sounds like an underlying problem if it's three people having issues like that.
View Quote

This happened to me as well. TNVC replaced the housing for me. Did suck after waiting nearly 7 months (unfilmed hand select tubes)

Basically the right tube didn’t have near the amount of articulation that the left pod had while still remaining on. The right pod would shutoff just slightly moved beyond the IPD stop limits. The left pod would go another inch or two further. This was annoying because if I slightly bumped the right pod it could shut off.

The replacement housing is good to go and doesn’t exhibit this.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 9:12:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Same

752*
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same

752*

Thats great news. I'm in the same boat as most that ordered in that first 35ish mins. 7522 is where my order is.. hopefully I'll be getting news soon!
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 5:46:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Anyone with the April projected ship date heard anything yet?
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 8:26:44 AM EDT
[#30]
The wait is killing me more than I thought it would.

Every time I use my old GP '14 I get hit with impatience!
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 9:56:34 AM EDT
[#31]
Same...  I emailed last week to see if they are still pretty close to the projected dates but no response.

@tnvc are you able to provide any updates on where timing is running?  Not complaining, just curious.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 10:17:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Do we have a date on when the orders might reopen.  I don't want to miss my chance
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 1:19:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Still haven't heard anything, I think they were supposed to ship today.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 2:02:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 5:11:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Just got a shipping notice.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 7:38:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Also just got my shipping notice!!
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 8:16:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Friend’s unit shipped today as well. 7523, PVS-14.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 8:34:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Unfortunately not yet. We need to get all existing orders shipped before we can announce another sale. Please stay tuned to our social media pages for future updates regarding the XLSH systems. Thanks!
View Quote

Man, definitely want to catch this one this time for sure. Almost pulled the trigger last time but didn't quite have the funds.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 5:27:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Friend’s unit shipped today as well. 7521, PVS-14.
View Quote

That's my order #... my order shipped today... I am in Colorado... are we friends and I didn't know it?
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 6:35:26 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

That's my order #... my order shipped today... I am in Colorado... are we friends and I didn't know it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Friend’s unit shipped today as well. 7521, PVS-14.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 9:07:50 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sorry, fixed it, I should have double checked the invoice he forwarded instead trusting my memory.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 10:30:11 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Sorry, fixed it, I should have double checked the invoice he forwarded instead trusting my memory.
View Quote

Soooo we aren't friends  
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 11:30:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Super ignorant question. But don’t wanna start a new thread for it and these are DTNVS from this sale.

Is there a way to properly remove the rear eye piece? My understanding is the rear most ring is an eye cup retainer. Based one pictures, if it’s removed they’re appears a better “field of view” into the tube. Again, super noob question, but don’t want to bugger it up. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 2:06:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Soooo we aren't friends  
View Quote

Not sure what you already have, but if you happen to be in the Front Range and want to compare your XLSH unit when it arrives to an unfilmed WP shoot me a PM.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 7:41:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

This happened to me as well. TNVC replaced the housing for me. Did suck after waiting nearly 7 months (unfilmed hand select tubes)

Basically the right tube didn’t have near the amount of articulation that the left pod had while still remaining on. The right pod would shutoff just slightly moved beyond the IPD stop limits. The left pod would go another inch or two further. This was annoying because if I slightly bumped the right pod it could shut off.

The replacement housing is good to go and doesn’t exhibit this.
View Quote

Interesting, I got a set of DTNVS from Kosher Supply a couple weeks ago that initially did the same thing except it was the left tube. Barely move it and it would shut off. It would also shut off when I tried to look up at the stars. Right one was fine.

The next night I went to verify what I had seen before contacting Kosher and everything seemed fine. Think all I did put a fresh battery in it, but I doubt that was the problem. Granted, since then I've had zero time to night larp and see if it happens again.

~shrug~ Just have to keep an eye on it I guess.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 5:05:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Received mine today. Decent sized spot in zone 3.

Luminous: 2177
Halo: 0.64
EBI: 0.2
Res: 64
FOM: 1548
SNR: 24.2

Gona get it mounted up and go play tonight.

ETA
So it dosen't look like I won the spec lottery but it sees in the dark just fine. The blem is not as noticeable in real world use but I wish it was a little smaller. Overall I am happy with it for the price. Beats the hell out my Sionex lol
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 12:54:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 2:42:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

For the price and the fact anyone can return their XLSH system if they're not completely happy for any reason within 15 days, it's a great value.

No one is ever stuck like that with our warranty and we couldn't imagine a no return policy for ones hard earned money. Enjoy the unit and thank you for your business!
View Quote
Not that the return policy isn't great - I mean, it should almost be a given that you can return something like this if it's still in like-new condition, so it's actually sad that this policy is such a distinguishing selling point in the current market.

but dropping in to remind everyone who is a bit disappointed with not having "won the spec lottery" that they if they don't like it, they can send them back and get in line behind everyone else waiting for the next XLS drop someday many months from now and roll the dice again and wait several more months to potentially end up with the same or worse specs, all the while having not had NVGs at all doesn't strike them (us) as particularly useful input.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 2:43:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Just got mine

Luminous: 2278
Halo: 0.78
EBI: 1.31
Res: 72
FOM: 2224.8
SNR: 30.9

I now have to get it mounted up so I can play with it
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 3:07:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 23
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top