Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 10:04:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Love the quote "stamp collecting mode", NICE! Does this mean you're back? Lol

Yea, pretty impressed with their latest Amphibian II built around the MKIV. Maintenance on the supressor and gun is quite
easy and the sound suppression for this up close and personal Yote head shot instrument is gonna be a hoot.

Been thinking RMR as well. God knows the number of small MRDS's I have laying around...

These also come in FDE and black, not to upset your CC!

Edit, also gonna inquire about AWC drilling and tapping a few pic rail holes under the barrel for some laser goodies. Right now, I dont think any of the Amphibians have this...MUCH needed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So this just cleared Form 4 not too long ago, my prized AWC Integrally Suppressed Amphibian. It's been my dream HG for a looooong time and I took it out to shoot today and I have to say this latest Amphibian is the quietest HG I have EVER shot. I go waaaay back with AWC Systems Technology when Lynn McWilliams (RIP) who owned the company was a true revolutionary who worked very closely with NSW and so many LE groups back in the day. I still have two of their sniper guns, one of them a M92 with over 14K .308 rounds all logged.  The throat has opened up a bit over the years and it does not hold that under .5moa, but hell maybe it's me it only holds 1moa as I get older!

Anyhhoot, it's virgin old school sorta speak at the moment, but looking for some optic options.  Our own Sam thinks the ARCO will do nicely on this, open to any other ideas.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/19096/20200521_125019_resized-1432607.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/19096/20200521_125040_resized_edited-1432616.jpg

Very sexy. Love my integral .22lr bolt gun, but never bit on the Amphibian or other integrally suppressed pistols when I was in stamp collector mode.

As far as an RDS, I'm still partial to the RMR over the ARCO, especially since this isnt a boxy Glock. Less is more, IMHO, on a pistol like this.

ETA: just noticed this is built on a Ruger MK4, so the reassembly ass pain has been negated. Didn't know they were building Amphibians on MK4s. (Evil thoughts for the credit card stirring.....)

Love the quote "stamp collecting mode", NICE! Does this mean you're back? Lol

Yea, pretty impressed with their latest Amphibian II built around the MKIV. Maintenance on the supressor and gun is quite
easy and the sound suppression for this up close and personal Yote head shot instrument is gonna be a hoot.

Been thinking RMR as well. God knows the number of small MRDS's I have laying around...

These also come in FDE and black, not to upset your CC!

Edit, also gonna inquire about AWC drilling and tapping a few pic rail holes under the barrel for some laser goodies. Right now, I dont think any of the Amphibians have this...MUCH needed.

Not sure this will get me off the DL as far as stamp collecting goes....but there was a time I noticed my last stamp was a few months out from being approved so I Form 1'd my G17 and G21 because I could and because the dudes in the post office said the envelope with forms, trust paperwork, and check were under 23oz so the 'free postage' scribble in the upper right was GTG to get it to Atlanta, haha.

Once I figured out the paperwork game I went ass over tea kettle for a few years, but a 2yo will put a crimp in your Form 4 style...especially since eForms isn't what is could've/should've been.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 3:42:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Didn't know they were building Amphibians on MK4s.
View Quote

This is what I was going to say. It's not even on their website.

Vic, that looks badass.  Do you have plans for a holster? Consider the Black Dog Machine if you haven't already.  Given the OD of the AWC, you'll need to spend a little time with a socket and some sandpaper, but it absolutely works.

If I was paying that much for an integral 22 pistol, I would want a bolt lock feature.

Link Posted: 5/28/2020 4:25:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 11:07:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Now that I am placing an RMR on the Amphibian I will be needing another holster. This is a great find, I am correct to assume no issues with this holder running MRDS's?

Thank you for the post!!
View Quote

It worked for my Vortexes and Primary Arms RDS.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 12:20:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:17:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 2:04:24 AM EDT
[#7]
tag
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 10:55:29 PM EDT
[#8]
It’s not stupid if it works, right? Lol

Link Posted: 6/16/2020 11:02:40 PM EDT
[#9]
She don't look like much, but she's accurate and the pests go bye bye.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 9:49:42 AM EDT
[#10]
How are you guys getting bottom rails on your Ruger 22/45 setups? I've search high and low for a solution.
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 11:13:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
How are you guys getting bottom rails on your Ruger 22/45 setups? I've search high and low for a solution.
View Quote

Most of the new Ruger 22's come with a bottom rail or they are threaded for it.

I took my old Ruger 22/45 to a smith and he added a piece of pic rail. As I recall it was only about $50 to have him drill and tap and add the rail.
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 2:00:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Most of the new Ruger 22's come with a bottom rail or they are threaded for it.

I took my old Ruger 22/45 to a smith and he added a piece of pic rail. As I recall it was only about $50 to have him drill and tap and add the rail.
View Quote

I need to get this done too
Is there a specific rail?
I have a 22/45 lite
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 2:08:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 2:31:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Sig 522 swat with laser over barrel mod and Sig Romeo 5

Cmmg 4.5" 22lr dedicated AR with otal and comp m2

Gsg5 9" with dbal i2 9007 and Sig Romeo 5

Ruger 22/45 lite with Romeo 5 red dot

Sig 226 using 22lr conversion and Streamlight TLR VIR II. Best NV light/laser combo for pistol.

My favorite NV friendly budget optic is the Sig Romeo 5, 2 night vision settings. Use a lower 1/3 or 1.93 mount and you're golden.
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 6:29:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I need to get this done too
Is there a specific rail?
I have a 22/45 lite
View Quote

Any piece of pic rail that fits should work.

Some have taken a Ruger pic scope mount approx $15 from Ruger and cut the length to fit. As I understand Ruger will not sell the bottom rail. Why I have no idea

Pac-Lite makes a bottom rail

https://www.eabco.com/RugerMarkIII.htm

This company makes a simple barrel mount rail. Not the cleanest look but can work if you do not want to to spend the money on a GS.
http://www.performanceservicesmachining.com/ruger-22-products/ruger-2245-mark-ii-mark-iii-bolt-on-under-barrel-picatinny-rail/
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 11:34:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Remington 552 Speedmaster w/Perst 3.
Pest eradicate par excellence.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 4:00:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 5:17:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Going out to sight this in tonight. TNVC/Steiner TOR-MINI IR VPC looking sexy on my new G44 I picked up over the weekend.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/19096/20200714_125354_resized-1503741.jpg
View Quote

Vic, are the flathead screws a new design over the original hex, or is that just a prototype?
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 6:39:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 6:42:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top