Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 12:50:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I want a FLIR Breach 640 that's weapon-mountable and has a reticle.  Or a Scout IV with the 640 Boson core.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 6:38:25 AM EDT
[#2]
An IR version of the Surefire XH55G.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 8:18:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 6:44:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Slaved ir/vis laser smaller than cqbl with quick detach $650 or less.  I said just put the head from the cqbl in the otal body and be done.  
I am looking for a laser right now like my cqbl.

640 boson core, just a matter of time
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 10:57:33 PM EDT
[#5]
A budget Raptar like setup with the MAWL L/M/H setting with a TAPS Pro pressure switch.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 10:18:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I want a FLIR Breach 640 that's weapon-mountable and has a reticle.  Or a Scout IV with the 640 Boson core.
View Quote
And put a dovetail on it for guys who want to helmet mount it.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 12:25:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Oooh I just thought of a good one.

NGAL-C with adjustable focus IR illuminator. Now THAT, I would pay 1300 for.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 12:47:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Oooh I just thought of a good one.

NGAL-C with adjustable focus IR illuminator. Now THAT, I would pay 1300 for.
View Quote
Probably won't be seeing an NGAL-C until 5 years later
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 4:19:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Anyone see the new Noveske scout light mount? It's a replacement ATPIAL mount that integrates a single cell surefire body. Pretty nifty.
View Quote
Ariska defense just launched there own solution
https://arisakadefense.com/products/side-scout-mount-m-lok
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 7:49:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Wilcox G24 or similar for <200.

A MAWL woman.

An Opscore bump helmet with an aluminum mounting bracket vs molded.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 9:27:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Ariska defense just launched there own solution
https://arisakadefense.com/products/side-scout-mount-m-lok
View Quote
I just grabbed a couple of these mounts and they do tuck the m300 light quite nicely. The mount makes the light as slim as possible and looks really f-ing good! They work perfect with the atipal-c and dbal d2.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 9:28:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Wilcox G24 or similar for <200.

A MAWL woman.

An Opscore bump helmet with an aluminum mounting bracket vs molded.
View Quote
what is a MAWL woman?

The opscore bump with a removable shroud would be awesome.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 11:36:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

what is a MAWL woman?

The opscore bump with a removable shroud would be awesome.
View Quote
He's saying he wants a MAWL.... Woman!

No, kidding. My MAWL didn't come with this, I think it is only for MAWLs that are shipped under LEO/Mil discount (correct me if I'm wrong) come with a little lego figurine that has a MAWL on their gun. It's called the MAWL Man... It appears he wants one with knockers, lol.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 12:11:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

My Reap on 60 and pts536 swill batteries.  The 536 is a pain in the ass to hunt with without a battery back.   At least with the Reap you can switch to 30.
View Quote
Really?

I get about 4 hours on a set of Panasonic 123's in my PTS233.  I admit it is a pain in the ass to change a set of batteries out in the field in the dark. I never can seem to get that cap to thread correctly on the first try.

My Breach eats about one battery an hour without battery pack hookup.  Luckily it's very convenient and serves as a small counter weight on the back of my helmet.

Does the 536 consume more power for some reason?  I do not use the automatic video record feature.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 5:52:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Really?

I get about 4 hours on a set of Panasonic 123's in my PTS233.  I admit it is a pain in the ass to change a set of batteries out in the field in the dark. I never can seem to get that cap to thread correctly on the first try.

My Breach eats about one battery an hour without battery pack hookup.  Luckily it's very convenient and serves as a small counter weight on the back of my helmet.

Does the 536 consume more power for some reason?  I do not use the automatic video record feature.

Thanks.
View Quote
I came across this while researching the PTS233/536.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 7:25:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Really?

Thanks.
View Quote
I guess I’m coming from a place where I think 4 hours sucks.  I’m not sure if the 536 last 4 hours or not.  I’m used to the Armasight battery pack and the Reap on 30 lasts a lot longer than the 536.  Tnvc battery pack is in the mail so it’ll be ok.

Guys that want a 640 breach with reticles and weapons mount?   Have you ever tried the q14?  It has those features and didn’t sell well at all.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 7:52:56 PM EDT
[#17]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JB2k2sy0XY
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JB2k2sy0XY
That's my video. Damn good option for those scopes, battery power lasts about 9-10 hrs, QD mount has held up to everything I've thrown at it, and is rechargeable. As far as the Reap and IR Hunter, I have an IR-X battery kit which is well worth the money. Also rechargeable and reliable.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 8:01:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Is it too soon for a 2nd gen Sionyx?
View Quote
This, with better mounts and all that.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 8:35:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

A MAWL woman.
View Quote
#metoo
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 8:41:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I guess I'm coming from a place where I think 4 hours sucks.  I'm not sure if the 536 last 4 hours or not.  I'm used to the Armasight battery pack and the Reap on 30 lasts a lot longer than the 536.  Tnvc battery pack is in the mail so it'll be ok.
View Quote
I was not trying to be critical. I was just thinking your individual scope could be consuming more power than it should?

I put a strip of Velcro on the back of one of those anker brand USB charger batteries and stuck it to the back of my helmet with a right angle cable and opened up a whole new world of not having to jack around with batteries for me and my Breach.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 3:55:39 AM EDT
[#21]
I want to see an atpial replacement that can compete with the mawl and dbal a4. Civilian NGAL possibly?
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 4:32:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I guess I’m coming from a place where I think 4 hours sucks.  I’m not sure if the 536 last 4 hours or not.  I’m used to the Armasight battery pack and the Reap on 30 lasts a lot longer than the 536.  Tnvc battery pack is in the mail so it’ll be ok.

Guys that want a 640 breach with reticles and weapons mount?   Have you ever tried the q14?  It has those features and didn’t sell well at all.
View Quote
Yes but the msrp was $5k we want the 640 breach at $2k lol
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 6:31:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I was not trying to be critical. I was just thinking your individual scope could be consuming more power than it should?

I put a strip of Velcro on the back of one of those anker brand USB charger batteries and stuck it to the back of my helmet with a right angle cable and opened up a whole new world of not having to jack around with batteries for me and my Breach.
View Quote
I know you’re not being critical.  It’s consuming as it should. There’s just not any reason I can see to make these scopes 60hz and thus eat batts that much faster.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 3:47:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I guess I’m coming from a place where I think 4 hours sucks.  
View Quote
4 hours sucks.  Simple.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 4:24:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I know you’re not being critical.  It’s consuming as it should. There’s just not any reason I can see to make these scopes 60hz and thus eat batts that much faster.
View Quote
Is there a noticeable difference viewing the Reap at 30hz vs 60hz?  And what type of battery life are you getting out of 2 new CR123's at 30 and 60hz?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 4:33:15 PM EDT
[#26]
i want to see prices drop ....
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 11:14:22 PM EDT
[#27]
A lowpro keymod or Mlok mount for Dbals
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 11:43:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Anyone see the new Noveske scout light mount? It's a replacement ATPIAL mount that integrates a single cell surefire body. Pretty nifty.
View Quote
Pics or link?
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 12:32:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Pics or link?
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 2:29:48 AM EDT
[#30]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pics or link?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KF52ZeK_gw
Wow. Kind of cool from a freeing up rail space perspective.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 3:15:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Three lead TAPS for my dbal
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 4:26:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
yes,had a Q14 640 and was very happy with it, even as a weapons sight.  a FLIR Rep convinced me that the Q14B was going to be much better in all aspects and I should get on their list ASAP. I sold it and got on FLIRs list. By the time I found out FLIR dropped the ball on the Q14B I was left without either. at this point FLIR would have to offer something pretty damn groundbreaking for me to consider them again.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 5:07:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Is there a noticeable difference viewing the Reap at 30hz vs 60hz?  And what type of battery life are you getting out of 2 new CR123's at 30 and 60hz?

Thanks.
View Quote
When I got the Reap I switched it to 30hz.  I just got around to putting the UNV battery pack on it.   It’s a bit over 5 hrs as I remember.  Better than the 536.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 8:17:17 AM EDT
[#34]
Arisaka showed off a tailcap adapter for Streamlight's HL-X and similar scout style lights that takes a Surefire plug. So now you can use your TNVC/UNITY TAPS switches with them.

Link to pic
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 9:09:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 10:26:48 PM EDT
[#36]
The Wilcox Raid X look's good, anyone know if a civilian version will be available?
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 10:45:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Arisaka showed off a tailcap adapter for Streamlight's HL-X and similar scout style lights that takes a Surefire plug. So now you can use your TNVC/UNITY TAPS switches with them.

Link to pic
View Quote
I’m happy cause now I can use the ds00 surefire tailcap I never trust tape switches 100%
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 11:13:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Thanks.
View Quote
I re-read your post.  No, I can tell no difference viewing 30 vs 60.   I’ve never done a full run on 60hz as I didnt see the point.  The scope at 30 has no lags or anything that might affect a running shot.   You don’t need 60hz.  At least the Ird/Trijicon scopes give you the option to change it.  Just my experiences.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 12:27:48 PM EDT
[#39]
I'd like to see a smaller OTAL and updated with a top mount button.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 12:24:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I'd like to see a smaller OTAL and updated with a top mount button.
View Quote
I agree, an OTAL-A, in IR, with a smaller footprint would be titties.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 12:42:25 PM EDT
[#42]
1.  The illuminator technology from the MAWL-C in a small package powered by either AA or CR123 for <$500.

2.  Someone needs to fill the gap left by the SWR Radius in a smaller package with a better mount at a similar price point.  Those things make unknown distance long range night vision shooting extremely doable, I can't imagine being without mine.

3.  A UTM like thermal at a non-UTM price point
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 5:00:32 PM EDT
[#43]
I think this looks great, I just wonder if the civilian counterpart will be as good as the mawl & D2 or if it will be a close range only option.

ETA: I was wrong if anyone saw what I wrote here, lol.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 1:55:05 PM EDT
[#44]
I want to see a true radiometric uncooled thermal weapon scope that maps every pixel on the screen and manually allows me to adjust the min and max temperature reading of the display.

Link Posted: 1/21/2019 1:59:46 PM EDT
[#45]
The new Winchester .350
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 11:48:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 3:22:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Can somebody check in with Sionyx, i'm assuming that they must have a booth?
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 8:34:58 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
They might not. They kind of got big right after the time it would be feasible to plan a booth at SHOT and they wouldn't exactly have anything new to show anyways. Also the huge reception they got from the traditional gun crowd seemed to have caught them totally by surprise. I could be wrong and they might be set up there, but if they aren't this year they will be 100% next year.

Chris Adams probably has stuff at his booth since he's very buddy buddy with them and carries their camera.
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 11:16:32 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 5:10:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
They posted this on FB.

Attachment Attached File
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top