Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 79
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 9:53:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I know it's been posted but scrolling back I haven't found it yet.  I have a Perst4 I bought a couple years ago and an IR Surefire.  Just ordered a dual lead modbuton to run them.  Does anyone have the wiring information I need to change the connector and get this working?
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 10:22:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Connect perst white and green wires to the surefire switch.  snip off the brown wire and don't use.
This is assuming your perst is the older generation before they started using microcontrollers in their switches.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 7:21:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Does it matter what goes to what on the surefire side of the wiring?
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 11:59:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does it matter what goes to what on the surefire side of the wiring?
View Quote

There's discussion about the wiring on pg19 with a TAPS switch - hope that helps.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 8:01:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

While not optimal I could live with it as long as there were some much lower settings offered.
View Quote
if you buy the cheaper red version the full power IR laser adjusts down to actual eye safe non blooming levels. at the expense of a daytime bright vis laser. my gen 2 Perst 4 is drastically better adjustment range compared to buddies gen 2 perst 3 green+
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 11:07:54 PM EDT
[#6]
No.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 3:51:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
if you buy the cheaper red version the full power IR laser adjusts down to actual eye safe non blooming levels. at the expense of a daytime bright vis laser. my gen 2 Perst 4 is drastically better adjustment range compared to buddies gen 2 perst 3 green+
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

While not optimal I could live with it as long as there were some much lower settings offered.

well dang,  thanks!
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 7:33:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Did anyone ever make that leaf sight that was suggested on page 17 or so? That's what brought me to this thread, hoping someone may have done that.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 5:45:04 PM EDT
[#9]
It looks like these shot up in price. Does anyone have one of the Chinese knock-offs? If so how are they?
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 9:15:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It looks like these shot up in price. Does anyone have one of the Chinese knock-offs? If so how are they?
View Quote

Airsoft Grade

Lots of info in this thread. They seem to be solid based on this thread, but I don’t have any personal experience.

ETA: Holy Hell! Did the price really take a $300 jump!
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 2:37:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Did anyone ever make that leaf sight that was suggested on page 17 or so? That's what brought me to this thread, hoping someone may have done that.
View Quote

If you find one let me know!
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 8:31:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

If you find one let me know!
View Quote

Best thing I found was the Midwest industries PEQ and NGAL sights. I've seen picture proof that the PEQ one works, only heard that the NGAL one works. Bought one of the PEQ ones today.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 9:50:23 PM EDT
[#13]
I posted a year or two ago about my LEAF sight for the P3.
I recently bought a mill, so it's game on!

The plate part is looking good, but I'm finalizing the replacement screws and anodizing services.

The stock screws will work but they lose zero after battery replacement since the threads are larger than the base of the bolt.
The OEM screws can also leak water, so I've come up with a gasket system. I think I posted my P3 waterproofing steps here at one point.

Anyway, here's a spoiler.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 10:35:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 2:23:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I posted a year or two ago about my LEAF sight for the P3.
I recently bought a mill, so it's game on!

The plate part is looking good, but I'm finalizing the replacement screws and anodizing services.

The stock screws will work but they lose zero after battery replacement since the threads are larger than the base of the bolt.
The OEM screws can also leak water, so I've come up with a gasket system. I think I posted my P3 waterproofing steps here at one point.

Anyway, here's a spoiler.
https://i.ibb.co/cCnymXQ/signal-2022-08-07-214205-001.jpg
View Quote

Dope!! How much was the mill? I've got tons of ideas as well, and some experience, been thinking of getting a ghost gunner CNC to do small things like this cuz its small and I'm working in limited space
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 11:04:23 PM EDT
[#16]
I would be interested in one if price is reasonable.
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 3:11:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Had my perst 3 mounted on a 14.5 inch barrel for a year with no issues.  Switched it to a 10.3 inch and today at the range while sighting it in the green laser would shut off just about every shot.  Laser would turn back on pressing the switch again.  Back home I was able to replicate it shutting off with a smack to the back of the housing with a rubber mallet. I'm using a Panasonic cr123.  Anybody else experience this or have solutions?
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 11:43:38 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm taking a class in the future that says my IR laser, in this case a PERST-3, to use during the course needs to be rendered eye safe.  I'm not all that familiar with lasers as this is my first.  Is there a way for me to comply or do I just leave it at home?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 12:19:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Leave it at home.
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 12:48:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'm taking a class in the future that says my IR laser, in this case a PERST-3, to use during the course needs to be rendered eye safe.  I'm not all that familiar with lasers as this is my first.  Is there a way for me to comply or do I just leave it at home?  Thanks.
View Quote

Under NV, I've noticed that all of my Perst 4's, regardless of power setting, will start emitting at a high power mode for a split second before emitting at the selected power level.

I never used these for force on force for this reason alone. I would avoid using this one for the class.
Page / 79
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top