BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 79
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 12:52:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The guy that got shut down was shipping them from New York with 7-10 day delivery...was going by daciaungur_-09
View Quote

If you feel like you missed out by not ordering one from that guy... you didn't.
I tried buying one and it was a scam - the guy sent a worthless item to an address in my town to generate a shipping number to give to eBay so it looks like it was delivered. The guy apparently was doing this to others, because once I realized what happened I checked his feedback and saw reports of the same from other recent buyers. Ended up getting everything refunded through eBay and PayPal, but it took a while.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 7:10:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Thank you for pointing this out @mickdonaldson @leuveu I am no expert with loctite, and technically once you press in the cover you shouldn't need anything, but I do recommended something as a just in case.

To everyone who has ordered, I've been throwing in an extra cover from my batch that is not necessarily passing my quality control, but its still good, the color may just be a little off due to print inconsistencies, or the plastic needs a small file down etc.

And thank you to everyone who has been patiently waiting and supporting!

View Quote

I didn't loctite any of mine so we'll see how they hold over time. They are tight enough to not spin. When I pushed one in a little off I couldn't get it to spin even a little.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 7:36:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Thank you for pointing this out @mickdonaldson @leuveu I am no expert with loctite, and technically once you press in the cover you shouldn't need anything, but I do recommended something as a just in case.

To everyone who has ordered, I've been throwing in an extra cover from my batch that is not necessarily passing my quality control, but its still good, the color may just be a little off due to print inconsistencies, or the plastic needs a small file down etc.

And thank you to everyone who has been patiently waiting and supporting!

View Quote

I just ordered two of those caps last night and Ebay charged me double shipping price.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 9:19:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

If you feel like you missed out by not ordering one from that guy... you didn't.
I tried buying one and it was a scam - the guy sent a worthless item to an address in my town to generate a shipping number to give to eBay so it looks like it was delivered. The guy apparently was doing this to others, because once I realized what happened I checked his feedback and saw reports of the same from other recent buyers. Ended up getting everything refunded through eBay and PayPal, but it took a while.
View Quote

Good to know!
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 9:22:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I just ordered two of those caps last night and Ebay charged me double shipping price.
View Quote

Same thing happened to me...I sent a message and he immediately refunded the excess shipping cost.

I think he's working to find a way to avoid this.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 9:26:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
*SIGH* WELL after taking the rifle out my Safe and onto my bed I lightly I MEAN LIGHTLY tapped the Selector Switch/Lever and this happens.. I REALLY wanted to like the Laser, but one thing after another..

Looks to be a magnet under the Switch when choosing Vis/Off/IR
View Quote

Was this a Gen 3? I could be wrong but seem to recall they updated the selector mechanism on the new one.

edit: couldn't find anything to support this...probably confused the selector with the switch changes
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 5:10:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Same thing happened to me...I sent a message and he immediately refunded the excess shipping cost.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Alright, I think I figured out how to combine shipping, if not, I'm probably screwed

Also, if anyone has a perst4 + nods, I got this idea to harness the spill created by the glass and turn it into an illuminator. What I am doing is using semi-translucent TPU to harness the spill and basically diffuse it. If it's bright enough it might be useful as this combines both the laser and the laser spill to create one solution.

TLDR; Turn your PERST4 into a diffused PERST3

Picture this, but in IR

Link Posted: 6/14/2021 5:24:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Was this a Gen 3? I could be wrong but seem to recall they updated the selector mechanism on the new one.

edit: couldn't find anything to support this...probably confused the selector with the switch changes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
*SIGH* WELL after taking the rifle out my Safe and onto my bed I lightly I MEAN LIGHTLY tapped the Selector Switch/Lever and this happens.. I REALLY wanted to like the Laser, but one thing after another..

Looks to be a magnet under the Switch when choosing Vis/Off/IR

No mine is a Gen 2.. I think some folks were running into the same issue I had, hence the Set Screw on the Selector Switch.. Who Knows lol
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 5:25:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Alright, I think I figured out how to combine shipping, if not, I'm probably screwed

Also, if anyone has a perst4 + nods, I got this idea to harness the spill created by the glass and turn it into an illuminator. What I am doing is using semi-translucent TPU to harness the spill and basically diffuse it. If it's bright enough it might be useful as this combines both the laser and the laser spill to create one solution.

TLDR; Turn your PERST4 into a diffused PERST3

Picture this, but in IR

https://i.imgur.com/6cuSB7b.jpg

View Quote
I have a P4 and NODs.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 6:20:29 PM EDT
[#10]
So after Emailing ZenitCo and with no luck, I decided to Dissect the damn thing.. If anyone didn’t know including myself  there’s a Spring that’s Stiff as Shyt, there was too much pressure trying to thread the screw back in the Selector Switch so I cut a coil off with a Dremel.. IT WORKS, is it water resistance now.. Fucx do I know lol..

Sorry for the crappy pictures

Link Posted: 6/14/2021 6:32:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 6:34:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
How does the cover seal is there a gasket or is it similar to the battery compartment
View Quote

There’s some kinda Sealant that’s goes around that top plate.. I had to use a razor blade to go around a few times then lifted with a Metal Dental Pic
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 6:41:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 6:43:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Glad you fixed it!
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 4:08:21 PM EDT
[#15]
My Perst 2 I ordered from Russian Thunder on Feb. 22 finally shipped.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 1:24:03 PM EDT
[#16]
So shooting my Scorpion Evo last night with Perst 4 and Klesch 2.

Klesch 2 won’t work in IR was working previously. White light works. Ended up having to pull the Klesch and run a Surefire Vamp. Very frustrating. Contacting Zenitco trying to work out a return. Anyone else have there Klesch 2 take a dump on them?

Is there a fix?

Link Posted: 6/21/2021 1:09:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
So shooting my Scorpion Evo last night with Perst 4 and Klesch 2.

Klesch 2 won’t work in IR was working previously. White light works. Ended up having to pull the Klesch and run a Surefire Vamp. Very frustrating. Contacting Zenitco trying to work out a return. Anyone else have there Klesch 2 take a dump on them?

Is there a fix?

View Quote

The lens wasn't caked with carbon right?
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 3:18:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Perst 2 pre-ordered from Russian Thunder on Feb 22. Arrived in 9 days from when Russian Thunder dropped it off at the Russian post office.

Link Posted: 6/25/2021 11:29:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So after Emailing ZenitCo and with no luck, I decided to Dissect the damn thing.. If anyone didn’t know including myself  there’s a Spring that’s Stiff as Shyt, there was too much pressure trying to thread the screw back in the Selector Switch so I cut a coil off with a Dremel.. IT WORKS, is it water resistance now.. Fucx do I know lol..

https://i.postimg.cc/L5FTHyV0/997-BB071-FEB6-4387-8-E36-CC3-AAE5-DACFC.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/254ys2V5/FCEE290-B-4-ADD-4-AD6-91-D9-ACE8435402-EE.jpg
View Quote

Good job!!!  I haven’t looked at this thread in a month or so so I just saw your post where it was broken. I was just going to tell you to try to fix it yourself instead of sending it all the way back there. These things are pretty simple to take apart
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 10:17:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Good job!!!  I haven’t looked at this thread in a month or so so I just saw your post where it was broken. I was just going to tell you to try to fix it yourself instead of sending it all the way back there. These things are pretty simple to take apart
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.postimg.cc/L5FTHyV0/997-BB071-FEB6-4387-8-E36-CC3-AAE5-DACFC.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/254ys2V5/FCEE290-B-4-ADD-4-AD6-91-D9-ACE8435402-EE.jpg

Yeah I was feeling some kinda way at first, but then I was like what’s the worse that can happen.. ZenitCo finally got back to me, stating that it’s best I talk to the people I bought the unit from, but I bought this one off the EE, she did say if I wanted to send it back to them it’ll take awhile.. But I’d already fixed it then.. It’s good to go now.. But the Battery Issue not sure yet, haven’t reached the 1 month part yet lol, but I’m also running Lithium Energizer this time around..
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 1:09:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Does anybody have a spare KV-D2 switch (switch that comes with the new P4’s) there not using and willing to sell?

Or if u have mutilated one, even just the chip board is all I really need.

Not a big deal they have some on eBay but just wanted to check stateside first.

Thank you!
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 10:19:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Zenitco says that they are opening a U.S. branch very soon:
Sorry I can't imbed the Instagram video. It's in the comments.
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 12:00:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Zenitco says that they are opening a U.S. branch very soon:
Sorry I can't imbed the Instagram video. It's in the comments.
View Quote

That’s awesome! Although, will this mean they will be under the FDA restrictions?
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 3:13:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

That’s awesome! Although, will this mean they will be under the FDA restrictions?
View Quote

If they still have the option of importing the goods and then servicing them here, it would be the best scenario all around
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 4:52:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

If they still have the option of importing the goods and then servicing them here, it would be the best scenario all around
View Quote

Yes that would be awesome being able to send it somewhere stateside to get it worked on
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 4:39:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Zenitco says that they are opening a U.S. branch very soon
View Quote

Probably for them to sell their various AK parts...if we're lucky they'll also find a way to service the Perst units.

I don't see any way they'll be able to import Perst units for sale.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 10:57:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Still waiting on a perst 4 ordered from black phase tactical in February, were over 20 weeks at this point. This is a secondary laser on a spare rifle for me I'm seriously considering seeing what it would take to cancel my order and just purchase a dbal.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 11:46:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Still waiting on a perst 4 ordered from black phase tactical in February, were over 20 weeks at this point. This is a secondary laser on a spare rifle for me I'm seriously considering seeing what it would take to cancel my order and just purchase a dbal.
View Quote

Wow man, that's unacceptable, I bought my persts from Russian Thunder and they came direct from Russia in under a month.

I would not have waited five months, he must have given you some crazy big discount for waiting that long.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 8:44:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

I just received a P4 and have another on order since April. The waiting sucks but am impressed with the quality/performance of the unit...am glad I stuck it out.

Link Posted: 7/11/2021 11:00:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The lens wasn't caked with carbon right?
View Quote

No and Zenitco stopped replying.

So I have a very expensive white light
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 7:12:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Message Ivan Tactical for repairs. People have gotten their Zenitco lasers repaired through him even though they didn't buy from him.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 7:47:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

No and Zenitco stopped replying.

So I have a very expensive white light
View Quote

Who'd you actually buy it from? As above, try Ivan. After a couple of years, I can't recall one "Ivan screwed me" post - quite the opposite.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 10:42:41 PM EDT
[#33]
So I just didn't like activating my Surefire pressure pad on my VFG while at the same time pressing my laser button. I found it difficult to get the light activated every time.  
So, I just decided to do some chopping. I modified my P4 switch to run both my light and laser. At first I soldered the sure fire pigtail straight to the switch legs the same one that the laser is using and I knew it was risky because there is a microchip in there and I'm sure it's just for signaling the main unit low-voltage to turn on and off etc. So, I was worried I might do some damage if I run a light through the same switch and sure enough it blew something. It worked for a little bit and then broke. So I decided to order a new switch and I ordered a bunch of temporary on switches from Amazon for like 10 bucks and I got 250 of them lol I found an exact match except for color.  So underneath that little rubber pad on the P4 tape switch there is now actually two little switches stacked side-by-side that both easily activate with one press. Also, I want to add that my switch shipped from Russia on July 6 and it arrived today. Smokin fast!!!-

I should add that it was not super easy to do. Soldering was pretty tough being so small and also had to take a Dremel and hollow out some of the inside of the aluminum switch frame

Link Posted: 7/14/2021 10:56:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
So I just didn't like activating my Surefire pressure pad on my VFG while at the same time pressing my laser button. I found it difficult to get the light activated every time.  
So, I just decided to do some chopping...
View Quote

Awesome - I love 'tinkerers' who just say "F it!"
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 7:50:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Awesome - I love 'tinkerers' who just say "F it!"
View Quote

Hahaha ??. That’s precisely what I did
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 7:25:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Got my tubes in and recorded an hour of footage with the Perst 2 Gen 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuBEGwdW0Jo&t=856s
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 4:21:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Just a reminder, when you start getting up there in power you want to be careful with laser splash at close range even on surfaces that aren't super-reflective, like painted walls and fabrics.
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 4:31:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Received my perst 3 from Ivan in 9 days, just fyi. Came in last Friday.
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 5:29:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Just a reminder, when you start getting up there in power you want to be careful with laser splash at close range even on surfaces that aren't super-reflective, like painted walls and fabrics.
View Quote

Definitely, that's why I made Tarsiers for mine. Thanks!

I also black box by closing the butler creek caps for around 10-20 min before I remove the battery and store them. Just to be safe.
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 2:51:03 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
Night Vision- Nocturn Industries Katana L3 Filmless 24ua and Perst 2 Gen 2

Link Posted: 7/17/2021 3:43:17 AM EDT
[#41]
Thanks for embeding the youtube link for me. I'm almost at 50 posts where I can do it myself.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 2:31:27 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thx...some good footage there
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 4:20:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Thanks for watching! I'll see if I can film up in the mountains soon where there's no ambient light from the city.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 3:06:25 PM EDT
[#44]
One of my Pert 4s from Ivan Tactical finally showed up...had been stuck in Russia Post since early April.

It was in my hands two days after showing up at customs in Jamaica, NY.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 12:44:47 AM EDT
[#45]
https://youtu.be/JQzipSl0Jtk

https://youtu.be/MPrUOrjNP0E
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 12:05:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Update on the warranty situation for my p3,
Package made it to Moscow and was held up in the mail for about a month. I checked the status yesterday and it appeared to be on its way back. I contacted Anna and she replied that due to new (July) customs reqs, Russian Post would not deliver the package. I have to go directly through Russian Thunder since thats who I bought it from.

Hopefully my package makes it back. Im tempted to just take this thing apart and see it I can fix it myself vs risking sending it over again.
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 12:09:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Just got my perst 3 in!

Took it on a walk in the woods last night and the laser is so fucking badass! Big difference from the “civilian powered” stuff I’ve had

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 11:52:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Badass rifle above ^

On to my dilemma if anyone can help:

There certainly is a important element of performance missing from my Perst3 that I would like to know if there is a fix for.

The perst is basically great for everything except what I consider to be my most likely use regarding distance. Which is:

A somewhat open area between 50-100 yards where I want a relatively wide but defined spill or coverage with the illuminator.

Right now I am dealing with an extremely tight and overwhelmingly bright hot spot of an illuminator that is far from ideal (even on the lowest power settings) and only covers around 4-8 yards in width @ 50 yards at the widest adjustment setting. I would prefer something closer to 20-30 yards of coverage in width at that distance. I think this would really open up my situational awareness under NODs when hunting (or potentially defending myself)

When the rubber diffuser is on it is far too wide and better for indoors at low power. With the illuminator adjustment screwed off completely it is basically perfect… however it kinda leaves the inner workings of the laser exposed (ask me how I know).

I want to know if Zenitco makes a different screw on illuminator adjustment piece that diffuses better at the above distances but also isn’t as wide as the rubber diffuser cap.

Or if someone has tried just making something DIY that will allow the natural spill from the uncovered illuminator but still covers the front and keeps dirt and debris from entering the emission point.

I’m going to email Ivan Tactical or Zenitco to find out, but figured I would post here since there are some DIY Gurus here. Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:14:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Diffuser On, Full Power Illum, Adjust Pointer to taste - doesn't do it for you?
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 10:09:14 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Diffuser On, Full Power Illum, Adjust Pointer to taste - doesn't do it for you?
View Quote

This is what I was going to recommend and how I have all my PERST units as a sort of default set-up.
Page / 79
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top