User Panel

Page / 79
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 10:41:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 10:44:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Dude, that's like the best news I've heard in like....2 months.  Guessing the group of us that got the next gen Perst-3's have about another month of waiting to go then.....hopefully.  

I see people flipping their Perst 3's on the EE because of the wait and I'm half tempted to see if I can flip mine and put the cash towards a MAWL. Only thing really stopping me is 25mW of unrestricted Russian power.
View Quote

Mine should be a Gen 3. I requested to wait for the Gen 3 and RT said I would be getting one. It shipped in mid February. Hopefully that's what shows up.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 10:45:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Did you order RT? When did yours ship?
View Quote

Yes sir! Ordered 1/25 not knowing the next gen was coming out soon. That kept getting delayed until it finally shipped from RT 03/11, and my last update was 3/21 where the package was "Forwarded to the Carrier".
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 10:46:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 11:04:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Literally same dates as yours. I hope we get next gens and not last generation  like the guy that just got his that ordered after us
View Quote

Same, I ordered a Perst 2 back in Feb. and emailed RT(twice with no reply) if I was going to get the Perst 2 Gen 2 that's going to be announced.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 6:38:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Welp it seems to me that my Gen 2 Perst 4 is holding up for a good solid month this is my 3rd Battery already.. I contacted ZenitCo yesterday and they replied “I can get batteries with the same Specifications and charge them” I don’t know where to go at this point.. I’m only using new SureFire CR123’s (kinda lied there, 1st battery was the one that came with unit) have it in the OFF POSITION and stored in my safe.. Only picked this laser up was because the Laser was stupid bright, kinda wish I’d went for an A3..
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 9:50:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Welp it seems to me that my Gen 2 Perst 4 is holding up for a good solid month this is my 3rd Battery already.. I contacted ZenitCo yesterday and they replied “I can get batteries with the same Specifications and charge them” I don’t know where to go at this point.. I’m only using new SureFire CR123’s (kinda lied there, 1st battery was the one that came with unit) have it in the OFF POSITION and stored in my safe.. Only picked this laser up was because the Laser was stupid bright, kinda wish I’d went for an A3..
View Quote

Although there is not supposed to be parasitic drain, the manual states to store with batteries out.  Also, the illuminator is where the perst lasers are worth it imo.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 9:58:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's interesting, I haven't had any battery drain issues with my Gen3 Perst3 or 4.  Are you sure you're leaving them in the off position?

Also it's funny you mention switching to Steiner, you know they are famous for parasitic drain both my D2s would drain batteries even in the off position.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 10:42:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That's interesting, I haven't had any battery drain issues with my Gen3 Perst3 or 4.  Are you sure you're leaving them in the off position?

Also it's funny you mention switching to Steiner, you know they are famous for parasitic drain both my D2s would drain batteries even in the off position.
View Quote

I’m 110% sure I leave it Off (Center of 3 and K)
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 4:05:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm still on my original battery (installed in 2019)on my PERST-4. It's a Gen1 or 2, not sure. I dry fire frequently over the last month. My brightness is somewhere 3/4 of the way up and I store it in the middle "OFF" position. The batteries I use are Energizer Lithium CR123. I never had long life with Surefire lithium batteries.

I might not use it as much as you, but it's been mainly in the "OFF" position since I got it in 2019.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 4:09:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'm still on my original battery (installed in 2019)on my PERST-4. It's a Gen1 or 2, not sure. I dry fire frequently over the last month. My brightness is somewhere 3/4 of the way up and I store it in the middle "OFF" position. The batteries I use are Energizer Lithium CR123. I never had long life with Surefire lithium batteries.

I might not use it as much as you, but it's been mainly in the "OFF" position since I got it in 2019.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m just the same way.. I dry fire every now and then but I think I posted a few pages back beginning of the month that the battery drained just sitting in the safe for about a month.. now close to a month later I’m on my 3rd.. I’ll give the Energizers a go.. see how that goes..
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 4:10:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I’m just the same way.. I dry fire every now and then but I think I posted a few pages back beginning of the month that the battery drained just sitting in the safe for about a month.. now close to a month later I’m on my 3rd.. I’ll give the Energizers a go.. see how that goes..
View Quote

Hopefully, you have better luck.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 8:22:55 AM EDT
[#13]
My P3 Gen 2(?) bought Feb 2020 is stored on the Green Viz setting (no kids, and wife won't touch it) and doesn't drain. Same with my HS LS321G. I use ASP branded 123's from Battery Junction (1700mAh).
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 10:14:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Weird, my RT orders last known tracking info on 17track shows it arriving at its destination and delivered..... in the Czech Republic. I hope mine didn't end up like the other dudes who's Perst went to Switzerland.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 5:06:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Just received my 2nd PERST-3 Green+ Gen3

1st Perst-3 was ordered back in November of 2020 from Russian Thunder with no ETA. In December I was notified by Ivan Tactical that a Perst-3 Gen2 is available which I jumped on and received within two weeks right before Christmas. After several months of waiting from RT, I followed up with RT and within hours I was replied with an apology for the delay and that he was waiting for the Perst-3 Gen3 to be available within weeks from the factory (March) before shipment and I will be upgraded at no cost. As of yesterday 05/03/2021, it finally arrived, Perst-3 Gen3. Comparing Gen2 to Gen3 the only noticeable distinction is the tape switch plug and shorter tape switch, besides that I don't know the difference between both generations.

Link Posted: 5/4/2021 5:20:47 PM EDT
[#16]
I think that is literally the only major difference. I believe Zenitco simply wanted the same type of switch port between different models so they needed to redesign some. They also started making the mount out of stainless instead of regular steel.

I’m pretty skeptical that there is any reason to be drooling about getting a Gen3 over Gen2. Some dudes literally just want to know they have the newest generation of anything.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 5:27:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I think that is literally the only major difference. I believe Zenitco simply wanted the same type of switch port between different models so they needed to redesign some. They also started making the mount out of stainless instead of regular steel.

I’m pretty skeptical that there is any reason to be drooling about getting a Gen3 over Gen2. Some dudes literally just want to know they have the newest generation of anything.
View Quote

Waterproofing
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 5:29:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Waterproofing
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Waterproofing

Has that been verified? No mention of that directly from zenitco that I’m aware of. I would think that would be a feature they would have mentioned in their Gen3 product video

The point of contention in regard to “waterproofing” had to do with the mode/power selector. I haven’t seen any Gen3 that looks like that was designed differently

If someone can provide pictures it would be great (not that it will matter much, as all will be Gen3 soon)
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 8:26:34 PM EDT
[#19]
One of the other big differences is the turbo mode.  Pretty cool they double as izlids now.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 9:14:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Zenitco has said they're big into incremental updates.

They never claimed the Gen 3 improvements were a huge deal. Personally I like this approach and am glad I have a Gen 3 is on the way. Would I still be happy with a Gen 2? Yes.

I noticed today that eBay just shut down the guy selling Perst 4s with quick delivery. I know this because I ordered one and eBay emailed me telling me they cancelled the order due to "problems with his account," whatever that means.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 10:15:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I noticed today that eBay just shut down the guy selling Perst 4s with quick delivery. I know this because I ordered one and eBay emailed me telling me they cancelled the order due to "problems with his account," whatever that means.
View Quote

That's weird his listing are all still there and the option to purchase as well.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 10:26:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

They never claimed the Gen 3 improvements were a huge deal. Personally I like this approach and am glad I have a Gen 3 is on the way. Would I still be happy with a Gen 2? Yes.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree, and never said differently.

I just see a lot of hype from some in this thread making it out to be an enormous deal as to what generation they may or may not receive.

No one wants hearsay posted as factual information on this forum. So anyone claiming they know the differences of the new gen product should probably validate their claims.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 12:02:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Waterproofing
View Quote

The only experience I currently have is with the Perst-3 Gen2 and I have heard it's a hit or miss with moisture. I have used it during a 4hr training session under heavy rain without any issues but cosmetic rusting on the battery screws and IR Illuminator housing made of steel. I remember wiping down the excess water while having all of my gear fan dry in the garage. Since then I wiped off the rust and lubricate all steel components to prevent future rusting.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 11:25:54 AM EDT
[#24]
After 6 months of waiting, my PERST 3 green+ finally arrived from Russian Thunder. Thankfully I received a gen 3 like I requested. The turbo mode is insane on these units.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 11:42:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Just a quick update, I finally got a hold of some black TPU, no more painting, curing, commandeering my wife's oven, etc..

I also made some time this last weekend to play with different aperture lengths in order to further resolve the blooming issue, but that didn't do anything, and only wastes material during printing. So just like @CakeNoodle said, the glass is definitely playing a role in this, but with a little bit of engineering I am sure we can mitigate it.

https://i.imgur.com/H5PHc8E.png

Next step is to start reducing the aperture sizes ever so slightly, but not so much that it starts dimming the laser (I know how much we love the light saber feature). I think a few more prints, and it will be set. I've got a volunteer with NODS to test out the IR function, and hopefully he will be posting some pictures so you all know what to expect.

I'm thinking of making the STL file freely available, not really looking to making a profit off this. But for those who don't own a 3D printer I'm thinking $5-7 bucks a piece + shipping is a good price.  If anyone has any recommendations as to where to host the e-commerce (ebay? etsy?) I'd really appreciate it.

Lastly, I got this crazy idea to possibly design a LEAF style front sight just like the one for the DBAL but for the PERST? We'll see! (If an when I get my P3G from RT )

https://i.imgur.com/bSNj2fr.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/swlHLUX.jpg
View Quote

Ebay, and if you want post STLs post them on thingiverse.

I do that with all the other weird plastic parts my 3D printer goes brrr with.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 11:53:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
After 6 months of waiting, my PERST 3 green+ finally arrived from Russian Thunder. Thankfully I received a gen 3 like I requested. The turbo mode is insane on these units.
View Quote

Yes it is, be careful!  I definitely don't think it's safe to use it inside at all.  I have to imagine the splash it creates isn't eyesafe.  

I can see the turbo mode vis laser out to a few hundred yards in bright midday sun.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 8:34:18 AM EDT
[#27]
I'm having terrible battery life. Perst 3 (Gen 3) from Ivan Tactical. Arrived with a dead battery, I've gone through 5 more since early April. With actual use I am getting less than 1 hour of run time. Stored in off position 5-6 days. Ironically my DBAL A3 and I2 get their batteries changed annually unless I'm out multiple nights in a row.

It would be less of an issue if the battery box was designed differently, but given the design and short life my perst is firmly in the neat toy bucket for me. I guess I'll email IT and see where that goes.

Edit: Resolved with vendor, very responsive.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 9:16:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'm having terrible battery life. Perst 3 (Gen 3) from Ivan Tactical. Arrived with a dead battery, I've gone through 5 more since early April. With actual use I am getting less than 1 hour of run time. Stored in off position 5-6 days. Ironically my DBAL A3 and I2 get their batteries changed annually unless I'm out multiple nights in a row.

It would be less of an issue if the battery box was designed differently, but given the design and short life my perst is firmly in the neat toy bucket for me. I guess I'll email IT and see where that goes.
View Quote

If you are using the illuminator on max brightness that is normal.  From the manual:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 9:21:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

If you are using the illuminator on max brightness that is normal.  From the manual:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/252694/20210506_081312_jpg-1931696.JPG
View Quote

I read the manual. Unfortunately, this is non continuous use at ~30-50% power.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 4:07:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Finally received my P3G from Russian Thunder. I placed the order late March and just got it, took almost a month and a half. Curiously enough, I pre-ordered the P3G @ $1270, but was sent the P3G+

I am assuming zenitco is no longer making the P3G anymore, since it is no longer for sale on the RT website, and is only selling the + version. Thank you RT for sending me the + and not charging me more.

I can definitely tell the P4G+ is brighter than the P3G+, but the P3G+ has lower green settings than the P4G+ by a substantial margin. In turbo mode the P4 is still brighter, but not by much. Also, the bloom is exactly the same, but in a different orientation. I'll have play around with it for a bit to see if my 3D printed covers are compatible. From what I can tell, they don't seem to be, so I might have to design a P4 and P3 cover separately.

After much tinkering, this is the end result in attempting to tame the dirty lens/bloom issue:

My offer still stands to anyone who has NODS + Perst and is willing to provide us with pictures of the IR laser in action. My lack of NODS is the only thing holding me back from selling these on ebay. All I ask is that you cover the shipping ($8 USPS), and you are free to keep the covers.

I'll post more pics tomorrow comparing the lasers on the P4G+ and P3G+ for all the curious folk out there. So far I'm really liking zenitco's products, they're built like tanks and I've seen a few pics of Russian SOF's sporting them in Syria.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 7:35:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Finally received my P3G from Russian Thunder. I placed the order late March and just got it, took almost a month and a half. Curiously enough, I pre-ordered the P3G @ $1270, but was sent the P3G+

I am assuming zenitco is no longer making the P3G anymore, since it is no longer for sale on the RT website, and is only selling the + version. Thank you RT for sending me the + and not charging me more.

I can definitely tell the P4G+ is brighter than the P3G+, but the P3G+ has lower green settings than the P4G+ by a substantial margin. In turbo mode the P4 is still brighter, but not by much. Also, the bloom is exactly the same, but in a different orientation. I'll have play around with it for a bit to see if my 3D printed covers are compatible. From what I can tell, they don't seem to be, so I might have to design a P4 and P3 cover separately.

After much tinkering, this is the end result in attempting to tame the dirty lens/bloom issue:
https://i.imgur.com/WTCllRg.jpg

My offer still stands to anyone who has NODS + Perst and is willing to provide us with pictures of the IR laser in action. My lack of NODS is the only thing holding me back from selling these on ebay. All I ask is that you cover the shipping ($8 USPS), and you are free to keep the covers.

I'll post more pics tomorrow comparing the lasers on the P4G+ and P3G+ for all the curious folk out there. So far I'm really liking zenitco's products, they're built like tanks and I've seen a few pics of Russian SOF's sporting them in Syria.
View Quote

I'll test em out
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 8:06:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I'll test em out
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/WTCllRg.jpg

I'll test em out

Same, I've got a P3G+ and am willing to help...for science

Also have a couple P2s, if you want to try and make a cover for those.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 10:48:04 AM EDT
[#33]
I have both Gen3 Perst3 and Perst4 I can try them out under some binos I have.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 3:16:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Thank you to the three of you who volunteered! I've PM'd you to coordinate.

Also, here's some pics of vis laser for reference:  P3G+ vs P4G+ (Gen3)

Splash pattern comparison (both held horizontally)

Intensity comparison (P4 is slightly brighter in turbo mode). Also, the P3 is slightly "blue-er"
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 9:19:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Im in cancuckistan,

purchased a holosun lg 221 but these perst 4s are looking tempting,

the only thing holding me back is the dirty laser, the bloom and artifacts,

I have no problem muzzle disciplining a high powered laser, safely, however, is the bloom / artifacts dangerous?

do you need to make sure nothing you want to blind is within 40 degrees of the laser center??

That is partly why I went holosun, low power, still effective, but clean,

Did I make a mistake?
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 1:49:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Im in cancuckistan,

purchased a holosun lg 221 but these perst 4s are looking tempting,

the only thing holding me back is the dirty laser, the bloom and artifacts,

I have no problem muzzle disciplining a high powered laser, safely, however, is the bloom / artifacts dangerous?

do you need to make sure nothing you want to blind is within 40 degrees of the laser center??

That is partly why I went holosun, low power, still effective, but clean,

Did I make a mistake?
View Quote

I wouldn’t sweat it. My perst 3 laser has a lot of spurious emissions significantly off axis. Some seem quite powerful and are probably not eye safe. I treat it as a cone vs point hazard. I only bought it to try out the illumination which is quite effective.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 7:48:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Thinking about grabbing one of these whan they come back in stock. Is there a difference between green and green+?
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 9:27:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Thinking about grabbing one of these whan they come back in stock. Is there a difference between green and green+?
View Quote

6 Watts more on Viz LASER, IIRC. (12 vs 18)
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 10:13:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Mine came air mail with a ton of postage stamps on it..
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 11:54:17 AM EDT
[#40]
First off, thank you to all who have provided ->valuable<- information and experiences with regards to ZenitCo products.

I have a Perst-3g and Perst-4+ enroute, purchased 04/30.  One from Ivan and the other from Ebay.  The tracking on these things are horrible tough I'm not really worried.  One still shows sitting at PCI7 and the other shows it never went to PCI7, straight from PCI8 to JFC then t Brooklyn Customs, and now back to Russia at PCI7.  That would be some shipping chaos if accurate.  

I have some concerns with the pressure pad connector.  The Weipu SA610, or whatever exactly its referenced as.  Has anyone found a truncated or "elbow" 90 degree version of this?  Something like an Amphenol LTW series?  I'm certain I'll machine some sort of shroud if I'm unable to modify this connection point.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 2:07:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Gen 3 switch wiring seems to have changed.
On my gen 2, I wired the green and white wires to a unity taps switch and it worked.
On my gen 3, the same doesn't work.
Even with the zenitco switch won't activate the laser without the brown wire connected.
Any ideas on getting this working with a Unity or Surefire switch?
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 2:31:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Someone posted a disassembled gen3 switch on Facebook and it showed it was controlled by a microprocessor so the initial advertising about "new digital electronics" seems to be accurate.

Because of that, short of hooking it up to a breadboard and reading the data/reprogramming it or bypassing it in some manner I don't think it will be possible.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 5:00:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I am assuming zenitco is no longer making the P3G anymore, since it is no longer for sale on the RT website, and is only selling the + version.
View Quote

The Zenitco site only lists a Red and Green+ as well:

Combined device "Perst-3"  is available in the following versions:
The combined device "Perst-3"  (red)
The combined device "Perst-3" ( green + )

The manual with my G3 P3 lists the green output at 18mw.

Link Posted: 5/10/2021 7:34:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Recently picked up a Perst-4 and I am planning to go the route of a rewire so I can use a US switch

I did some reading awhile back and found the plug used to be a Waipu SA-6. Does anyone know where I can pick one up that doesn't involve ordering from a sight like Ali-Baba?
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 8:05:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Recently picked up a Perst-4 and I am planning to go the route of a rewire so I can use a US switch

I did some reading awhile back and found the plug used to be a Waipu SA-6. Does anyone know where I can pick one up that doesn't involve ordering from a sight like Ali-Baba?
View Quote

Amazon

You want "3 Pin" "Plug in Female"  
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 8:21:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Thanks! Not sure how I didn't come across that earlier!
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 1:06:51 AM EDT
[#47]
My Perst1 at the start of the year took 10 days to arrive with expedited shipping.  My Perst4 just arrived after 2 months with normal shipping.  For what its worth.

The gen3 green+ Perst4 is bright as heck, I am just waiting for someone to figure out the unity taps mod with this new version, as firing the illum and laser I have at the same time would be the way to go.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 8:43:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Anybody know where to find a Klesh 2IKR? No one has it in stock
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 2:00:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
My Perst1 at the start of the year took 10 days to arrive with expedited shipping.  My Perst4 just arrived after 2 months with normal shipping.  For what its worth.

The gen3 green+ Perst4 is bright as heck, I am just waiting for someone to figure out the unity taps mod with this new version, as firing the illum and laser I have at the same time would be the way to go.
View Quote

I just cut and spliced the wire to the switch I wanted. Not hard at all.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 3:06:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I just cut and spliced the wire to the switch I wanted. Not hard at all.
View Quote

My understanding is that with the Gen3 models the wiring is different and a microprocesser/chip is in the switch, so it doesn't work like the Gen2's did.
Page / 79
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top