User Panel

Page / 79
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 4:12:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Mine has been “Forwarded to carrier” for just over a month now. FML
View Quote

Closing in on a month myself. Starting to wonder if I'll ever get the thing back from repair...
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 10:22:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Edited...VA-gunnut
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 10:27:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Closing in on a month myself. Starting to wonder if I'll ever get the thing back from repair...
View Quote

Same here, I have two inbound. One is a new Gen 3 I ordered that I thought I would get to hold me over until my repaired one comes back. Both I guess will be arriving at nearly the same time some day. Goin on 9 months now from ordering my first getting it broken and shipping back. ??

I’m nearly at the point that when they both come in I’m selling both and getting a Mawl C1+. However, I still would like two to have on separate rifles. ??
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 11:11:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Anyone have a perst on an ultimak rail? Thinking of setting up my m92 pap to use with nods and night shooting.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 6:39:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Just got my P4G+ Gen3 from IT, took a total of 13 days from placing order to delivery. Great customer service, would highly recommend.

Still waiting on my P3G from RT. Responds to email, but no movement or details since ordering (2 weeks). In fairness, I knew going in that it was pre-order.

Maybe I’m blind, but P4G+ laser wasn’t as impressive as some have made it to be, sure, it’s bright, but not concert laser bright. Did notice a lot of splash on edges. I’m gonna design a small cover for it that can be 3D printed and only exposes the openings for the laser to reduce the splashing. Stay tuned..
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 7:06:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Just got my P4G+ Gen3 from IT, took a total of 13 days from placing order to delivery. Great customer service, would highly recommend.

Still waiting on my P3G from RT. Responds to email, but no movement or details since ordering (2 weeks). In fairness, I knew going in that it was pre-order.

Maybe I’m blind, but P4G+ laser wasn’t as impressive as some have made it to be, sure, it’s bright, but not concert laser bright. Did notice a lot of splash on edges. I’m gonna design a small cover for it that can be 3D printed and only exposes the openings for the laser to reduce the splashing. Stay tuned..
View Quote

Not bad! Mine shipped two days ago from IT. Interested to see how long it takes. I ordered with regular shipping this time but it looks like they used EMS.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:00:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I pissed around and made some electrical tape “stickers“ to cut down on the splash. So, if you do get something made up that would be great. However, in my basement gunsmithing experience I noticed that the lens glass is so dang thick that even just covering one side of the lens you still get a ton of splash. I didn’t really get The results I wanted until I put a “sticker“ on the rear of the glass and the front of the glass and that seem to do the trick

ETA.  Should have said that you can get rid of most of the splash just like covering one side but you have to make the hole a good bit smaller than the diode which cuts down on beam thickness (makes it look dimmer), Which at least for the IR, isn’t really a bad thing. I ended up removing that and doing the double sided deal so I could seemingly get “Full power” back
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 12:36:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Perst 2 Gen 2 is going to be announced in the next two weeks.
I have a Perst 2 on order with Russian Thunder since February and I emailed to ask if I'll be getting the Perst 2 Gen 2 when its available.

Confirmed by Zenitco in the comments section.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z55jSYlEau0
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 5:15:33 AM EDT
[#9]
PERST Generation Envy. I need a new PERST like I need a hole in my head - I keep repeating "yours works fine, yours works fine"
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 9:52:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Can someone confirm what the cheapest Perst is that has a high-power IR LAM? 2IKS+?
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 10:42:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Can someone confirm what the cheapest Perst is that has a high-power IR LAM? 2IKS+?
View Quote

That's a Klesh and mine has a full power laser. Too bright for pistol work. I'm going to make an ND filter for mine.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 10:59:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That's a Klesh and mine has a full power laser. Too bright for pistol work. I'm going to make an ND filter for mine.
View Quote

Sorry, I don’t even know what I don’t know. Is the Klesh line for pistols in the Perst line for rifles? I really just want to know the cheapest full power IR laser that will work on my rifle, even if it doesn’t have an illuminator and a tape switch.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 11:21:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
PERST Generation Envy. I need a new PERST like I need a hole in my head - I keep repeating "yours works fine, yours works fine"
View Quote

As long as shipping times from Russia are long, you can sell Persts for a premium.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 11:23:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Perst 3 gen 3 breakdown video from Zenitco

https://youtu.be/g1LaC0VeVg0
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 11:42:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Quoted:

Sorry, I don’t even know what I don’t know. Is the Klesh line for pistols in the Perst line for rifles? I really just want to know the cheapest full power IR laser that will work on my rifle, even if it doesn’t have an illuminator and a tape switch.
View Quote

I use a klesh-2 on a rifle. On low setting, even outside it's plenty bright. With it turned up, it's a light saber. When I took it hog hunting last summer, it was blooming bad enough on pigs that it'd light the whole pig up. Lol. It was ok on low though.

The klesh-2 was a good value, which is why I got it, but I'm not sure if "full power" is really all that necessary from a strictly functional standpoint.  The only other guys I've been shooting at night with were using "civilian" lasers and were doing just fine.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 12:07:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

The reason you get Full Power - is for the Illuminator. The cheapest PERST with built in a Illuminator is the 3. FP IR Lasers are not needed - most of us always run the IR Laser at/near minimum and wish it went lower. FP Visible Lasers are niche/edge case use during daylight - not a common need.

So - if you are wanting FP onboard IR Illumination, the PERST 3 is the cheapest. If for some reason you want FP Designators - Perst 4 Green + (all the IR is generally the same power across the models). I know nothing about the newer M and P models of the 4 though. I think Ivan Tactical lists the specs of each model.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 12:16:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Perst 3 gen 3 breakdown video from Zenitco

https://youtu.be/g1LaC0VeVg0
View Quote

Perst-3 gen.3.0: what was changed, unpacking, modes, switches
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 12:41:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The reason you get Full Power - is for the Illuminator. The cheapest PERST with built in a Illuminator is the 3. FP IR Lasers are not needed - most of us always run the IR Laser at/near minimum and wish it went lower. FP Visible Lasers are niche/edge case use during daylight - not a common need.

So - if you are wanting FP onboard IR Illumination, the PERST 3 is the cheapest. If for some reason you want FP Designators - Perst 4 Green + (all the IR is generally the same power across the models). I know nothing about the newer M and P models of the 4 though. I think Ivan Tactical lists the specs of each model.

View Quote

I appreciate your thoughts.  I just want an IR laser.  And I want it full power.  I want the cheapest one that will fit on a rifle.  What do I buy.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 12:56:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I appreciate your thoughts.  I just want an IR laser.  And I want it full power.  I want the cheapest one that will fit on a rifle.  What do I buy.
View Quote

Klesh-2.  I think it was made for submachine guns, but it's shaped a lot like a pistol light/laser.

Attachment Attached File

I stuck mine on a 45° offset mount on the 12:00 rail and put the tape switch at the 3:00 position.

It's crowded on the 7" rail. I want to swap it out for a 15".
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 1:49:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Klesh-2.
View Quote

ZenitCo gen.3 2IKS+Laser Klesh
Laser power – 18 mW (same module as on Perst-4 units)
$355

Is that it?  All the comparison charts and manual links on IvanTactical's website are broken.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 2:12:47 PM EDT
[#21]
I finally got to play with my perst last night, holy smokes this thing is bright. Don't know when I'll get to do some night shooting but hopefully soon.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 2:32:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I finally got to play with my perst last night, holy smokes this thing is bright. Don't know when I'll get to do some night shooting but hopefully soon.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/361826/20210414_111638_jpg-1904593.JPG
View Quote

Not to get off topic but that SBR is sick. Love the geissele rail chop.

Can’t wait to put my incoming perst 3 on my FSP SBR also. Your picture helped me to know the illuminator will clear the front sight
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 2:37:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Can’t wait to put my incoming perst 3 on my FSP SBR also. Your picture helped me to know the illuminator will clear the front sight
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/361826/20210414_111638_jpg-1904593.JPG

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 2:39:18 PM EDT
[#24]
My bad I thought that was a Perst 3

Thanks again for the pics
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 9:57:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

The P3 Illuminator will clear a FSP, also clears on my buddy's Colt 10.5 mono upper with the flip up front.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 10:07:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

ZenitCo gen.3 2IKS+Laser Klesh
Laser power – 18 mW (same module as on Perst-4 units)
$355

Is that it?  All the comparison charts and manual links on IvanTactical's website are broken.  
View Quote

Looks right.

I got lucky and found it sold by Ivan tactical on Amazon
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 11:11:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The P3 Illuminator will clear a FSP, also clears on my buddy's Colt 10.5 mono upper with the flip up front.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for that info
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 10:30:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Looks right.

I got lucky and found it sold by Ivan tactical on Amazon
View Quote

For mid $300s I'd just jump up to the P4. Better controls and adjustments. The Klesh adjustments are very rudimentary and you have nothing to gauge how much you're moving it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 1:56:25 PM EDT
[#29]
As promised, I am working on a cover you can insert between the front part of the glass and the bezel to address the blooming issue. I think this would be best printed in TPU as it is flexible and allows you to insert it without having to remove the bezel. The trick will be getting the holes aligned properly since it is really hard to measure, so a lot of trial and error prints, luckily it's not a lot of material, it's a very quick print, but I don't have a 3d printer yet, so I will be looking to get one in the coming days. I'll keep you guys posted..

In case you're wondering, yes, I am accounting for the 8 degree slant in the front.

Link Posted: 4/15/2021 2:27:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

For mid $300s I'd just jump up to the P4. Better controls and adjustments. The Klesh adjustments are very rudimentary and you have nothing to gauge how much you're moving it.
View Quote

This one? ZenitCo Perst-4P gen.3 universal dual visible/IR tactical laser designator

When they say "User need to install dedicated back part" do they mean the tape switch is required and the unit cannot be operated without it?
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 2:36:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

This one? ZenitCo Perst-4P gen.3 universal dual visible/IR tactical laser designator

When they say "User need to install dedicated back part" do they mean the tape switch is required and the unit cannot be operated without it?
View Quote

https://ivantactical.com/shop/weapon-accessories/flashlights-and-accessories/flashlights/zenitco-perst-4-gen-2-dual-green-plus-visible-ir-tactical-laser-designator/

I was thinking the standard 4. On the 4P you have a back plate for using the fire buttons or another for the switch.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 3:30:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

https://ivantactical.com/shop/weapon-accessories/flashlights-and-accessories/flashlights/zenitco-perst-4-gen-2-dual-green-plus-visible-ir-tactical-laser-designator/

I was thinking the standard 4. On the 4P you have a back plate for using the fire buttons or another for the switch.
View Quote

Dang.  That's nearly twice my original budget for this project.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 4:09:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Don't forget if you go perst 4 you also need an illuminator, add another $300 on top. If you plan to upgrade to a Perst 3 later on just get the 2IKS+. Also take into consideration how far you are shooting, I believe the 2IKS+ is a flood for closer range.

If you order from Russia you most likely will have to wait 1-3 months for it to arrive. There are people selling them in the US on facebook nightvision/gear groups at a slight premium.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 1:22:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
If you dont need a super bright visible laser at night, get the red perst 4. cheaper and has a better IR laser adjustment range.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 1:55:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

No illuminator though.

The adjustments on the klesh do suck though. I actually stripped out one of the allen heads in one of the adjustment screws. Ivan tactical was supposed to be checking with zenitco if they could send me a new screw for me to install myself. I haven't heard anything about it yet (it's been a year. I'm not holding my breath)
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 2:37:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

No illuminator though.

The adjustments on the klesh do suck though. I actually stripped out one of the allen heads in one of the adjustment screws. Ivan tactical was supposed to be checking with zenitco if they could send me a new screw for me to install myself. I haven't heard anything about it yet (it's been a year. I'm not holding my breath)
View Quote

You can just buy hex screws at home depot or amazon and cut them to length with flush cutters if they're too long.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 7:04:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

You can just buy hex screws at home depot or amazon and cut them to length with flush cutters if they're too long.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No illuminator though.

I'm sure McMaster-Carr has a suitable replacement as well.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 9:25:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I'm sure McMaster-Carr has a suitable replacement as well.
View Quote

Ace or Fastenal would probably have them as well.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 9:31:26 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

If your budget is ~$300, you should probably just get a TLR-VIR II and call it a day. Not FP, No Viz. PERST is least expensive FP option, but ~$500 is your minimum buy-in.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 9:33:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's probably what's going to end up happening.

I might even upgrade to torx. Lol
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 11:25:43 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Don't forget if you go perst 4 you also need an illuminator
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Don't forget if you go perst 4 you also need an illuminator

Quoted:you should probably just get a TLR-VIR II

I appreciate these offers to help, but reading comprehension is a thing.
Full power laser.  Cheap as possible.  That's all I care about.
Klesh it is.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 11:56:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Klesh it is.
View Quote

It's not a reading comprehension issue, we're just trying to help ya out. A full power laser alone is almost useless. Unless you just want to designate a point far out.

Full power and cheap can be had for under $50 on amazing or commiebay. There is also a vast difference in power levels that would all be "full power"
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 4:05:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Sorry if this doesn’t fit as part of a technical discussion, but I didn’t think that it warrants a separate thread.

Not to speculate too hard but it would seem that the FDAs overreaching authority on laser regulation coupled with the coming sanctions on Russia (not to mention the Ukraine situation) may ultimately lead to issues getting these Russian products.

I’m already slightly concerned that my shipment is being held in customs longer than average. I believe mine has been in the hands of US customs since March 1st (about 45 days)
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 8:26:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Sorry if this doesn’t fit as part of a technical discussion, but I didn’t think that it warrants a separate thread.

Not to speculate too hard but it would seem that the FDAs overreaching authority on laser regulation coupled with the coming sanctions on Russia (not to mention the Ukraine situation) may ultimately lead to issues getting these Russian products.

I’m already slightly concerned that my shipment is being held in customs longer than average. I believe mine has been in the hands of US customs since March 1st (about 45 days)
View Quote

Yeah that is a long time in customs.  Mine arrives to customs and there was no update for 2 days then boom out for delivery.  I'm guessing between the time in russia and customs you are at almost 2 months so I would contact the seller.

China has been importing high powered, and I mean ridiculously high powered handheld lasers for years.  Occasionally they are snatched by customs but rarely.  The fda may direct customs to scrutinize  more for lasers, but they won't stop them.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:00:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

It's not a reading comprehension issue, we're just trying to help ya out. A full power laser alone is almost useless. Unless you just want to designate a point far out.

Full power and cheap can be had for under $50 on amazing or commiebay. There is also a vast difference in power levels that would all be "full power"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Klesh it is.

This. Without some background on intended use you’re going to get conflicting answers.

If it’s hunting or self-defense oriented uses, the ‘you need an illuminator’ responses are valid.

If you’re just looking to melt eyeballs a la Raiders of the Lost Ark...you have your answer.

The curtness in your responses on a tech forum rife with knowledgeable individuals, while you continue to seek out an IR Death Star, is interesting. You’ve obviously been on ARF for an extended period of time, so if it’s intended for a non-nefarious purpose, all good, but the constant ‘I want a full power IR laser for cheap, and don’t give a shit about anything else’ is probably not being received as rational based on the usual banter here.

Apologies if you have something else in mind, and it might very well be a super interesting one off use if you explained it further, but it strikes me as odd. Regardless, you appear to have your answer for an IR light saber.

My .02
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:03:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

That is a long time. However, I was watching some special or something on tv (specifically about JFK) and  if customs  seized a package I think they have to immediately send out a letter to you informing you of such.  Of course it’s a government and they do whatever they want. Hopefully it makes it to you soon because I would be kind of stressed about that as well. I think mine sat  in US customs for I think 11 days or something
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 11:59:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Update on my new Perst 3 coming in.

Shipped 4/10
Handed over to Russian customs 4/14
Handed over to US customs at JFK 4/17.

Current status on USPS shows - Inbound Into Customs -> Your item is being processed by United States Customs.

Never seen that before, usually it just shows up at JFK or Chicago and comes to me.

ETA : Just got a text from USPS saying expected delivery Monday!
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 2:54:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 3:29:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Some people say that the Perst 4 laser is more powerful than the Perst 3. Get Perst 4m if you want to bottom mount your LAM, its THICCCCC
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 4:01:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 79
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top