Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 79
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 3:05:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Ugh...I ordered a P4 in Green+ in early Feb. from RT and haven't heard anything since.
Hope it ships soon.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 7:35:58 PM EDT
[#2]
The perst3 I ordered from RT back on Dec 31st was a gen 2 model that they shipped out mid Feb. Took about a month to get here via regular Russian Post. Would have liked to have gotten the newer gen 3 model, but the gen 2 is bright as hell.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 7:51:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like I’m in it for the long haul

I’m at the 1 month mark and my perst 3 still shows as being in Moskva PCI7.

Ordered from Ivantactical and it was shipped February 25th

I can’t recommend the expensive shipping option (much like the others here said). I should have read this thread more first before ordering
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 10:14:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

"Well f@ck sir..."

"Better let the ATF FDA know these things are out there, wouldn't want people to burn their eyes out with all that freedom"
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 9:33:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Does Lumen Defense sell LASERs? Probably. Welcome to PsyOps. (Not that the FDA is or isn't doing something - but no Fed is coming to your door for your LAM).
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 12:36:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

My experience is identical.  Red has a huge IR range. Had to modify my green+’s lens just to dumb it down a little bit.
View Quote

@dirtyboy333 - how did you modify it?
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 6:49:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Dammit, I was waiting for my stimmy and finally pulled the plug last night for a regular P3, ugh, really wish I would have done sooner...

Any ideas what would happen if customs doesn’t let it through? Will IT, or RT perform refunds?

Link Posted: 3/29/2021 10:26:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Dammit, I was waiting for my stimmy and finally pulled the plug last night for a regular P3, ugh, really wish I would have done sooner...

Any ideas what would happen if customs doesn't let it through? Will IT, or RT perform refunds?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Any ideas what would happen if customs doesn't let it through? Will IT, or RT perform refunds?

IT is known to have good customer service, but you can always wait 60 days and then file a dispute with your credit card.  

Link Posted: 3/29/2021 4:38:51 PM EDT
[#10]
I’m seriously wondering if the most recent orders of Persts might get caught up in the whole Suez Canal thing going on right now.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/29/2021 5:08:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I’m seriously wondering if the most recent orders of Persts might get caught up in the whole Suez Canal thing going on right now.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/496867/D0A0A291-7134-47FD-9B9C-90830C98F71A_jpe-1885026.JPG

View Quote

Looking at 17track, it seems they go from Russia, then to Poland, then get flown into either JFK or Chicago before hitting customs. Don't think they hit suez at any point of the trip.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 5:04:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Ok, so somewhat good news. I got drunk and ordered a perst-3 from RT, then I read somewhere on reddit that customs might be clamping down on them, so I ordered a perst-4 G+ that was in stock at IT...

Bottom line is I shouldn't be on the internet ordering things while drinking. The silver lining is two-fold, I reached out to IT and asked about a refund on my perst-4 should it not make it through customs, and they said if I did not receive it, they would refund me. Immediately after, they sent me tracking information, so all is good with IT.

The perst-3 I ordered from RT is on backorder, so who knows if and when I will see it. I have not reached out to ask about their policy should I not receive, which means I have to write another email now.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 6:28:35 PM EDT
[#13]
So, you guys who have had these for a while, especially the Perst-3s, how are they with battery drain while not in use? Non-existent like the ATPIAL, or slow steady background drain like Steiners?
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 6:44:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So, you guys who have had these for a while, especially the Perst-3s, how are they with battery drain while not in use? Non-existent like the ATPIAL, or slow steady background drain like Steiners?
View Quote

As I don’t have a P3, but I do have a Gen 2 P4.. So the battery that came with it ONLY LAST A Month.. it was always stored with battery and in the off position..
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 7:35:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Had mine for months and still rocking the factory battery.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 8:10:52 PM EDT
[#16]
I've had my PERST-4 for years and it's on its second battery.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 8:45:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have multiple P3s 6 months plus on the same battery, 1 over a year with the most use as well. I always keep them in the off position when not in use. Not to preserve the battery rather mine and others eyes.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 7:27:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Upfront - I apologize if this is common knowledge, I didn't know this and it wasn't written in the manual.  

So I was playing with my persts (I have gen 3 versions of both the 3 and 4) and realized if you click on the laser, then press and hold the power button, after 2seconds it enters turbo mode which is significantly brighter than the highest setting.  

I tried to get a picture of it to show what I'm talking about.  To put it into perspective, its illuminating the entire hallway and rooms with the green energy.  Completely useless but cool I guess.

Link Posted: 4/2/2021 5:21:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Upfront - I apologize if this is common knowledge, I didn't know this and it wasn't written in the manual.  

So I was playing with my persts (I have gen 3 versions of both the 3 and 4) and realized if you click on the laser, then press and hold the power button, after 2seconds it enters turbo mode which is significantly brighter than the highest setting.  

I tried to get a picture of it to show what I'm talking about.  To put it into perspective, its illuminating the entire hallway and rooms with the green energy.  Completely useless but cool I guess.

https://i.imgur.com/kSfd01Z.jpg
View Quote

Must be a gen 3 thing, my P4 won’t do that, and now I am sad.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 5:42:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Glorious Patriotic Soviet laser flashlight! I love it!
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 7:43:17 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm fairly certain the "turbo mode" is 100% super dangerous not eye safe, not really sure how else to put it.  

When I initially accidently put it in turbo mode I looked at the impact point where it hit the wall and kind of made me squint.  I'm sure even the splash at impact isn't eyesafe, which is why it looks like a glowing orb in that picture.

Either way pretty cool and a neat way to signal aliens and lase targets over a mile away.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 8:06:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Strong enough to put a mark on the moon!
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 8:27:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!  I don't think the gen 1 red Perst-3 I had a year or so ago did that but can't say for sure.  Do the IR functions have a similar feature?
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 8:58:33 PM EDT
[#24]
I worked with someone else with a Gen2 Perst4 and it could not enter turbo mode.  We think it's only a Gen3 thing, I have confirmed it works on both my gen3 Perst3 and Perst4.  Works for both IR and VIS lasers, didn't get a chance to try it with the illuminator
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 11:27:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Yeah, that's def not a Gen 2 feature. Just tried and got nothing.

FWIW just that image is extraordinarily bright and intense, both the volume of splash and the hotspot of the laser. Be judicious in firing that as I'd imagine it would cause serious eye damage, even on vis laser (triggering a flinch/squint reflex). Pretty cool though.
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 12:11:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'm fairly certain the "turbo mode" is 100% super dangerous not eye safe, not really sure how else to put it.  

When I initially accidently put it in turbo mode I looked at the impact point where it hit the wall and kind of made me squint.  I'm sure even the splash at impact isn't eyesafe, which is why it looks like a glowing orb in that picture.

Either way pretty cool and a neat way to signal aliens and lase targets over a mile away.
View Quote

Heck yeah!!! Turbo mode is pretty sweet for an adult toy.  I mentioned it a couple pages back after finding it on accident.   What I really like is that if ur using tape switch it will turn off upon release but if you’re using buttons on body it will stay on turbo mode until u push it again. When u turn the laser back on it’s back at the original lower setting.  It’s like a quick temporary blast if u needed it.  If the laser is on lowest setting (or any setting) and u have the laser on, double tapping the button will instantly and permanently take it to full power.  

The only thing that worries me is that it’s extremely easy to accidentally activate “turbo mode” and there’s no lockout.

If you can, go to a dar k room and stand at angle towards the face of a mirror (not straight on of course)  and safety shine the laser into the mirror being sure not to laze your eyes.  The reflected beam is brighter
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 4:16:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Heck yeah!!! Turbo mode is pretty sweet for an adult toy.
View Quote

Most women can relate to that.
Sorry couldn't help it lol
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 10:31:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Most women can relate to that.
Sorry couldn't help it lol
View Quote

HAHAHA I set myself up for that.   I fell asleep and woke back up 3 or so times writing that post. I’m surprised I didn’t say something worse
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 11:11:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
this is why the USDA doesnt want us to have them. I hope you are wearing laser safetly glasses while doing that in doors at 12 feet away.
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 11:46:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
this is why the USDA doesnt want us to have them. I hope you are wearing laser safetly glasses while doing that in doors at 12 feet away.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Freedom and responsibility for oneself is scary.

It's not like it's an eat-at-your-risk poisoned food or something. American devices are wrapped up in "you will fuck up yourself if you do dumb things with this" warnings. If you still damage yourself it's your own fault. Don't regulate me over it.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 9:27:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wrong. It's actually because you'll overcook your steak on full power.

It's the FDA btw
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 10:21:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Freedom and responsibility for oneself is scary.

It's not like it's an eat-at-your-risk poisoned food or something. American devices are wrapped up in "you will fuck up yourself if you do dumb things with this" warnings. If you still damage yourself it's your own fault. Don't regulate me over it.
View Quote

Amen, 100%.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 5:53:19 PM EDT
[#33]
My perst 3 arrived today after 10 days total in transit. Initial thoughts are it is well made and worth  it.  I know some had said a generic Russian battery came with it.  Mine had a Japanese panasonic.  Tonight I will test the ir features.  Zeroed the green laser on my aimpoint dot which went smoothly.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 11:37:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
My perst 3 arrived today after 10 days total in transit. Initial thoughts are it is well made and worth  it.  I know some had said a generic Russian battery came with it.  Mine had a Japanese panasonic.  Tonight I will test the ir features.  Zeroed the green laser on my aimpoint dot which went smoothly.
View Quote

Nice! Where did you order from? I bought mine from RT in November. It's been sitting in the same spot in Russia for well over a month with no updates. Really starting to get worried.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 1:05:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 1:15:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Mines cleared russian mail system quickly but has been stuck at forwarded to the carrier for like 17 days
View Quote

That's what mine is stuck on too. Been there since Feb 27th.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 1:57:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Pick up a perst from the EE the other day, shipped from San Antonio on the 5th and it arrived in Mobile Alabama today and supposed to be here on the 8th
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 3:40:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Pick up a perst from the EE the other day, shipped from San Antonio on the 5th and it arrived in Mobile Alabama today and supposed to be here on the 8th
View Quote

People don't think the USPS be like it is but it do.

I had a package last week spend 4 days ping-ponging from Aurora, IL to Chicago, IL to some other Chicago suburb, back to Chicago, back to Aurora, back to Chicago, before it finally fucking left.

Took 2 days to get to its destination in Texas after escaping Shitcago.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 7:17:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Nice! Where did you order from? I bought mine from RT in November. It's been sitting in the same spot in Russia for well over a month with no updates. Really starting to get worried.
View Quote

Same here so hopefully it’s “normal”
3/24 My tracking via USPS shows shipped (accepted).
3/25 “Processed Through Facility MOSKVA PCI-21, RUSSIAN FEDERATION” with the status stuck on “origin post preparing shipment” since then.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 7:36:58 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I had a package last week spend 4 days ping-ponging from Aurora, IL to Chicago, IL to some other Chicago suburb, back to Chicago, back to Aurora, back to Chicago, before it finally fucking left.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm very aware of how incompetent the USPS can be

I had a package coming from northern Ohio to SW Ohio that took 4 days. I shipped a package UPS to about the same area and it took less than 24 hours.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 8:16:20 AM EDT
[#41]
I ordered from the zenitco ebay seller who is not an official dealer apparently, although the address on the package was a zenitco address.

I tested the laser out last night and everything functioned perfectly.  Really a nice unit and I am quite happy with the purchase.  I know others had difficulty with the illuminator adjustment screws.  I just took my time turning them and had the laser and illuminator centered in about 10min.  Use bold adjustments starting out. The illuminator really is nice. Mine appears clean with no artifacts. It was pissing rain last night, so definitely waterproof.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 8:40:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Showing in ID now, hopefully that's correct.

Keep me updated though, all of the carriers down here are trash right now... FedEx is running at about a 50% loss rate for my work for the past 2 months
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 1:45:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Ordered a perst-3 from "zenitco" on ebay 3/24. It shipped from russia and arrived today 4/8. Crazy fast shipping. It paid him in canadian it worked out to $1240 usd
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 5:25:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Mines cleared russian mail system quickly but has been stuck at forwarded to the carrier for like 17 days
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine has been “Forwarded to carrier” for just over a month now. FML
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 9:15:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Ordered a perst-3 from "zenitco" on ebay 3/24. It shipped from russia and arrived today 4/8. Crazy fast shipping. It paid him in canadian it worked out to $1240 usd
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/147286/20210408_133413_jpg-1897410.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/147286/Screenshot_20210408-134715_eBay_jpg-1897413.JPG
View Quote

Awesome! I absolutely love my red P3. I’m pretty sure I paid in Canadian as well ???????
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 10:11:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Turbo mode works with the illuminator as well on my perst 3.

Link Posted: 4/8/2021 10:25:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Turbo mode works with the illuminator as well on my perst 3.

View Quote

This...  interests me.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 9:52:27 PM EDT
[#48]
I'm gonna amend my previous statement.  The long press of the power button definitely increases the green and ir laser brightness.  On the illuminator a long press seemed to make it brighter, but I think what was happening is it actually just bumps it to max brightness.  So if you have the illuminator on a lower setting hold the power button to instantly increase to max. Otherwise if the illuminator is already on max a long press of the power button did cause it to sort of flicker and perhaps appear brighter, but it is hard to tell if it was really brighter.  I need to test out in the country with less light pollution. Curious to hear other opinions.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 11:42:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

I could tell you scary, scary stories about the USPS. My dads girlfriend works at one.

What really scary is I still use them over FedEx and UPS.

Oh, and FUCK DHL. I’m glad they are (mostly) gone. Fuck dhl!
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 9:14:00 AM EDT
[#50]
Not trying to pull the thread away from everyone sharing order/tracking info, but has anyone played with a way to adapt or make a pattern generator for the Perst 3?
Page / 79
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top