BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 79
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 12:41:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They must be waiting and opening stuff in batches or something because same here.

USPS

2020-01-29 13:14    ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS), Processed Through Facility -> Your item has been processed through our facility in ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) at 1:14 pm on January 29, 2020.

2020-01-10 16:56    RUSSIAN FEDERATION, MOSKVA PCI 7, Processed Through Facility
View Quote
I was thinking the same thing. My first order came in two weeks to the day (Express.) The second order arrived today, but I didn't get any update after the same Moskva PCI 7 terminal. I also paid for Express on this last order, and it was one day late (Jan 4th order) of scheduled delivery. I am not complaining, except for the Russian BO of the packer , lol
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 1:06:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I was thinking the same thing. My first order came in two weeks to the day (Express.) The second order arrived today, but I didn't get any update after the same Moskva PCI 7 terminal. I also paid for Express on this last order, and it was one day late (Jan 4th order) of scheduled delivery. I am not complaining, except for the Russian BO of the packer , lol
View Quote
Mine showed up today.  My wife wondered why I ordered "Russian flashlights"
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 2:08:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It looks like the Perst-4P is a way better choice then the Perst-4....

Anyone confirm this?
View Quote
The Perst 4P I have didnt hold zero very well.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 9:59:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
Sure it wasn't your rail?

@lilMAC25
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 10:19:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
Meant to ask you, did you ever figure out why?
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 4:40:14 PM EDT
[#6]
14 days dacha to door. Not a mark on it and everything appears to be G2G, have to verify tonight. 12mW Green was visible at 2PM, light cloud cover, snow on the ground, out to about 50-75yds (just holding in hand).

Link Posted: 1/31/2020 6:03:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Mine showed up today.  My wife wondered why I ordered "Russian flashlights"
View Quote
Maybe I’ll get mine tomorrow, as I haven’t seen it today, nor has there been any change in the tracking
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 6:11:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Maybe I’ll get mine tomorrow, as I haven’t seen it today, nor has there been any change in the tracking
View Quote
Yeah same here. No updates since arriving in NY. In the past when I have ordered things from Russia the items always seem to arrive on Saturdays. Usually it’s only a day or two once it hits NY. Hopefully tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 6:49:16 PM EDT
[#9]
In some of the videos, you can see color/it laser bleed, is that common. I have 3, perst 4 gen 2 plus, and they all do it to a degree. One of then was really bad, so I sent it back to Black Phase to RMA.

The ir laser especially, it had a full circle of splash at 20-25 yards
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 7:28:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sent it back to MotherRussia and they say they’ve repaired it, so I’ll find out “soon”.

It is a very early serial #34 I think.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 2:25:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yeah, that's not right. Did you try a new battery? Yeah, I know - obvious. Also, make sure the intensity is dialed all the way up on the switch or on the side buttons. Sucks if you got a lemon. You'll know if it's working right, the illuminator is kick ass and the pointer is actually a bit too bright even in the lowest setting.
View Quote
So I did just try a new battery just now and it seemed to work... Until I bumped it in my hand, now the faint laser is back, with illumination on in laser only mode. Weird since it seemed to cooperate for the pics I was taking for this thread. I will post them when I get on my other computer. I think I got a dud.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 7:10:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
In some of the videos, you can see color/it laser bleed, is that common. I have 3, perst 4 gen 2 plus, and they all do it to a degree. One of then was really bad, so I sent it back to Black Phase to RMA.

The ir laser especially, it had a full circle of splash at 20-25 yards
View Quote
I don't know if this is what your talking about, as this is my first full power unit, but last night I played around and noticed some things:

1. My Blue LED on the back, that is supposed to illuminate any time any IR mode is active, just doesn't work at all. The Red illuminates when Green is active, but no Blue. You can adjust the brightness of that LED by pressing and holding the top button, and pressing +/-, and again, works when Green is active, no light at all for IR.

2. *Indoors* (average sized bedroom), I get a "Halo" or Ring, way outside/around the pointer. I have no idea if its because of the power (20mW on Max, no idea on Min) interacting with the glass of the diode or lens. Thought it was a dirty lens at first, but that's not it. Going down a hallway it almost disappears.

But outside, even at 25yds, it's perfect (The IR Pointer Dot seems big, even on Min power, but that may be due to the power?) - this thing is a Death Star Ion Cannon. Coming from a Holosun 321G, I was just laughing the whole time. It was cold, so I didn't stay out long. The Pressure Switch is a work of art.

All in all, I'm stoked - would it be nice for perfection in a new $1300 device, yes, I guess it should be expected - maybe if they were Amazon, I'd exchange for another. But the Blue LED is literally useless to me (I can just look/feel the selector dial) and the "Halo" at 10 ft - meh. I sent Zenit Co a message on Ebay about it, we'll see what they say - if they want to send another and I get to use this until it arrives, I'll do it. But if they want it back first, nah. I'm good.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 7:29:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

So I did just try a new battery just now and it seemed to work... Until I bumped it in my hand, now the faint laser is back, with illumination on in laser only mode. Weird since it seemed to cooperate for the pics I was taking for this thread. I will post them when I get on my other computer. I think I got a dud.
View Quote
Sorrry... Hopefully you got to see it enough to know it's potential ability. I saw in a movie that the way they fix it in Mother Russia is to hit it with a large wrench. Maybe worth a try?

Someone on here also had a problem and they (Ivan Tac?) sent a new one before the old was even returned. May wanna push for that option.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 7:34:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I don't know if this is what your talking about, as this is my first full power unit, but last night I played around and noticed some things:

1. My Blue LED on the back, that is supposed to illuminate any time any IR mode is active, just doesn't work at all. The Red illuminates when Green is active, but no Blue. You can adjust the brightness of that LED by pressing and holding the top button, and pressing +/-, and again, works when Green is active, no light at all for IR.

2. *Indoors* (average sized bedroom), I get a "Halo" or Ring, way outside/around the pointer. I have no idea if its because of the power (20mW on Max, no idea on Min) interacting with the glass of the diode or lens. Thought it was a dirty lens at first, but that's not it. Going down a hallway it almost disappears.

But outside, even at 25yds, it's perfect (The IR Pointer Dot seems big, even on Min power, but that may be due to the power?) - this thing is a Death Star Ion Cannon. Coming from a Holosun 321G, I was just laughing the whole time. It was cold, so I didn't stay out long. The Pressure Switch is a work of art.

All in all, I'm stoked - would it be nice for perfection in a new $1300 device, yes, I guess it should be expected - maybe if they were Amazon, I'd exchange for another. But the Blue LED is literally useless to me (I can just look/feel the selector dial) and the "Halo" at 10 ft - meh. I sent Zenit Co a message on Ebay about it, we'll see what they say - if they want to send another and I get to use this until it arrives, I'll do it. But if they want it back first, nah. I'm good.
View Quote
Are you looking at the Blue LED in the dark to check function? It's pretty dim, doubt I would have even seen it if I didn't notice it in very dark conditions. What I like about it is it doesn't bloom back at me under nods. I usually have to put tape over my LDI/Steiner units.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 7:49:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Are you looking at the Blue LED in the dark to check function? It's pretty dim, doubt I would have even seen it if I didn't notice it in very dark conditions. What I like about it is it doesn't bloom back at me under nods. I usually have to put tape over my LDI/Steiner units.
View Quote
Pitch Black Closet - I saw nothing, even after Press/Hold Top Button and mashing + a bunch. I'll try again - but like I said - meh

Edit: BTW, that was with naked eyes obviously - that's what the function is for - but your right, I can look under NODs and definitely tell if its lit.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 5:50:40 PM EDT
[#16]
It took some work to resurrect my account from the dead (haven't posted in a few years), but I'm taking plunge into NV, and have lurked here the past few weeks, reading... learning... and I'm thankful for this subforum.

I'm currently awaiting my PVS-14 and other stuff from TNVC, and decided to order a Perst-3 after being tied between that and a DBAL D2. Can't wait to see what this thing is all about...besides $$$.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 1:07:12 AM EDT
[#17]
I had trouble with my PERST-3 last night at the ETTS shoot.

Mounted on a SCAR 17 SBR.

The laser would turn on when selecting mode without hitting a fire button. If I moved the selector to red, red laser comes on. If I move it to any IR setting, IR laser (no illuminator) comes on.

I couldn’t get it to turn off. Push the fire button many times, and it sometimes would go off. Sometimes it would just shut off on its own after a few minutes.

I tried running some stages with it stuck on, and it would sometimes shut itself off and sometimes come back on while I was blasting away. There was a lot of transitioning to my red dot and back to laser while this was happening.

My first thought was that the SCAR killed it. I wanted to troubleshoot it when I got home. However, it was working perfectly fine when I was playing with it in my gun room after the shoot.

I then thought maybe the the battery was getting weak, and the 40 deg temp was enough to cause it to freak out on low voltage.

So I stuck it in my fridge. Couldn’t replicate the problem. I then stuck it in my freezer for a few hours with the battery cover off. Nice and frosty, but still couldn’t make it choke up.

I’m completely stumped.

Any ideas?

It’s working fine right now. I can’t ship a functioning laser back to Russia for warranty.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 8:59:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Were you using the tape switch? Could something be bumping one of the fire buttons or it was stuck? Try holding a fire button down and see if it replicates what was happening.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 10:51:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
No resolution to actually receiving my Dec 5 purchased, Dec 15 Russia departed, PERST2, but a big thumbs up to Ivan Tactical for how he’s handling it.

Emailed and said it’s been a month since it left Russia and not sure if it’s ever going to arrive. Offered to keep the purchase alive for a replacement or he could refund my money.

He was back to me in less than an hour and said a new unit would be headed my way tomorrow. He asked if the original purchase arrived to just refuse receipt so it could be shipped back to him. He said customer service was priority, especially for ‘premium level goods.’

So, still no P2 in hand, but I feel confident I eventually will. If I end up with two in hand I might just ask him to charge me for the second so long as the first lives up to expectations.
View Quote
To close the loop on this, the second P2 Ivan got moving my way seems to have made it out from behind the Iron Curtain without issue. Tracking started on 22 Jan and it's at my local distribution facility now after leaving Russia on the 24th and arriving at NY customs on the 1st.

Looking forward to getting it mounted and basement finger banging by the weekend.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 11:05:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Can you use like a TAPs switch with a surefire and Perst4?
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 11:10:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
It looks like the Perst-4P is a way better choice then the Perst-4....

Anyone confirm this?
View Quote
Educate Me on why
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 12:23:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Can you use like a TAPs switch with a surefire and Perst4?
View Quote
I did. I modified a TAPS Sync to work. Really easy. Cut the end of each off with a few inches going each way for some work space. Carefully remove the sheath from each wire. The TAPS leads are strange, a wire running along the outside of an inner wire so be careful you don't allow them ot make contact. The PERST wires are really straight forward. Tape off the brown wire on the perst leads as you won't use it. This is the one that allows you to use the dial on the pressure pad. Take the other two wires of the perst and mate with the ones from the TAPS. Doesn't matter which is which since it's just a simple switch. Heat shrink and you're good to go.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 1:57:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Were you using the tape switch? Could something be bumping one of the fire buttons or it was stuck? Try holding a fire button down and see if it replicates what was happening.
View Quote
I was not using the tape switch.

I’m confident it wasn’t stuck buttons.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 2:03:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
Which perst model you have?
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 2:52:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perst 3
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 5:05:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

To close the loop on this, the second P2 Ivan got moving my way seems to have made it out from behind the Iron Curtain without issue. Tracking started on 22 Jan and it's at my local distribution facility now after leaving Russia on the 24th and arriving at NY customs on the 1st.

Looking forward to getting it mounted and basement finger banging by the weekend.
View Quote
Mines been sitting in NY for a week, got to Jamaica NY this morning, hasn’t moved since. Fucking sucks.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 7:27:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The laser would turn on when selecting mode without hitting a fire button. If I moved the selector to red, red laser comes on. If I move it to any IR setting, IR laser (no illuminator) comes on.

I couldn’t get it to turn off. Push the fire button many times, and it sometimes would go off. Sometimes it would just shut off on its own after a few minutes.

I tried running some stages with it stuck on, and it would sometimes shut itself off and sometimes come back on while I was blasting away. There was a lot of transitioning to my red dot and back to laser while this was happening.

My first thought was that the SCAR killed it. I wanted to troubleshoot it when I got home. However, it was working perfectly fine when I was playing with it in my gun room after the shoot.

I then thought maybe the the battery was getting weak, and the 40 deg temp was enough to cause it to freak out on low voltage.

So I stuck it in my fridge. Couldn’t replicate the problem. I then stuck it in my freezer for a few hours with the battery cover off. Nice and frosty, but still couldn’t make it choke up.

I’m completely stumped.

Any ideas?

It’s working fine right now. I can’t ship a functioning laser back to Russia for warranty.
View Quote
Did you get one of the gen 1 plugs like me? This is more or less what mine is doing, laser shows up in Illum only mode, but now it looks like it is barely on.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 7:33:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Sorrry... Hopefully you got to see it enough to know it's potential ability. I saw in a movie that the way they fix it in Mother Russia is to hit it with a large wrench. Maybe worth a try?

Someone on here also had a problem and they (Ivan Tac?) sent a new one before the old was even returned. May wanna push for that option.
View Quote

First(Left to Right) Steiner OTAL-C, MAWL C1+, Perst 3 gen1 red

Second pic you can see the laser in bottom left hand of Illum(barely in this pic, but through nods you see it) in Illum only mode.

Third pic is after I bumped it with my hand and you can barely see the laser in the dark spot on the fence made by my security cameras. There is a slight ring around it which was/is the illum in this mode. So strange.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 9:36:45 PM EDT
[#29]
I have the Gen1 plug. I noticed if you're on Illuminator/ laser the dial only adjust the illumination brightness.  Laser stays at the same power output. You can go to IR laser only, turn the brightness level up or down and it will stay at that output regardless of what you change the illuminator to.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 9:15:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Mines been sitting in NY for a week, got to Jamaica NY this morning, hasn’t moved since. Fucking sucks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I paid for expedited shipping, which apparently comes into play once it arrives to NY.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 10:12:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/dAswptD.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/qbwLjix.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/9d0WLga.jpg

First(Left to Right) Steiner OTAL-C, MAWL C1+, Perst 3 gen1 red

Second pic you can see the laser in bottom left hand of Illum(barely in this pic, but through nods you see it) in Illum only mode.

Third pic is after I bumped it with my hand and you can barely see the laser in the dark spot on the fence made by my security cameras. There is a slight ring around it which was/is the illum in this mode. So strange.
View Quote
Need to return it.

Again, mine has been treated like crap. Dropped and banged around.

There is something internally wrong with yours.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 11:29:34 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I paid for expedited shipping, which apparently comes into play once it arrives to NY.
View Quote
As did I, but I guess they overlooked that on the invoice
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 11:34:26 AM EDT
[#33]
My 4+ green laser arrived yesterday. It took 17 days to arrive. My initial impressions are good. I have only had time to mount it and rough zero the visible laser. I’m hoping to take it to the range Friday to verify the zero and make sure it holds a zero.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 1:52:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Need to return it.

Again, mine has been treated like crap. Dropped and banged around.

There is something internally wrong with yours.
View Quote
Going to email Ivan asap
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 3:30:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I’m completely stumped.

Any ideas?

View Quote
SCAR17's are notorious for ruining lasers and optics.  I wouldnt run a perst on the SCAR17.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 9:01:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Finally got mine. It was delayed in mail because of holiday issues.  Paid for on December 2nd, and received on February 3rd.  Shipping sucked, but not Ivan’s fault. Unit is extremely solid.  Initial impression is far better than I expected. Hope to update soon with some pics to follow.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 12:46:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Finally got mine. It was delayed in mail because of holiday issues.  Paid for on December 2nd, and received on February 3rd.  Shipping sucked, but not Ivan’s fault. Unit is extremely solid.  Initial impression is far better than I expected. Hope to update soon with some pics to follow.
View Quote
Hmmm, you order date was a few before my first P2. Wonder if it'll magically re-enter the shipping atmosphere after having left Russia on 15 December and make its way to me.

Planning to pick up my P2 from the PO tomorrow and play around in the basement tomorrow night
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 3:06:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Got mine as well today, managed to intercept the mailman on lunch.

What a fucking powerhouse of a unit, though; I can see the green laser hit targets from 300~400m away under an overcast sky.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 3:59:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Got mine as well today, managed to intercept the mailman on lunch.

What a fucking powerhouse of a unit, though; I can see the green laser hit targets from 300~400m away under an overcast sky.
View Quote
Did you get the Green+ (18mW)? I have the 12mW regular green and we have some sun today - saw it on a brick driveway pillar about 75yds away in the sun.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 4:13:25 PM EDT
[#40]
I have had the perst 3 since Summer 2019, we just went through 34 Days below zero degrees F.

The battery has the same battery from Russia, and the perst 3 stayed in my car at -20F for 6 hours a day 5 days a week.

The battery has not shown any degrade nor has the laser weakend. This thing is Russia proof.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 4:47:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Did you get the Green+ (18mW)? I have the 12mW regular green and we have some sun today - saw it on a brick driveway pillar about 75yds away in the sun.
View Quote
I got the Green+.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 8:48:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 9:48:50 PM EDT
[#43]
A 1.2 Watt IR Illuminator.....good grief Charlie Brown! This 500mW on the 3 is a monster - do they install PERST-2's on Sukhoi Jets?
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 11:12:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Zenitco factory: how are Perst-3 and Perst-4 manufactured?

Would have liked to see a little more but neat nonetheless.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 9:23:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Got mine out last night (not live fire) and adjusted everything. The clicks for the Viz/IR LASERs are really nice - positive and tactile AF. The absolutely perfect circle of the illuminator kills me, its so nice. Adjusting that, is a bit of a PITA, but works fine to center it over the LASER pointer and only needs to be done once - nice that they provide a long Allen tool, doing it with the built in tool looks painful (but possible). I've got mine a smidge "out" from screwed all the way in, which provides about an 6' circle at 50 yds, unscrewing narrows it down for longer range. It's bright AF - I'm at 1 click up from minimum - anything more and I just get a solid white circle - can't see what's *in* the circle (using Auroras). Happy so far :thumbsup:
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 11:38:36 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHpdOSneKaQ

Would have liked to see a little more but neat nonetheless.
View Quote
Bathe and bring the Russian electronics lady at 3:03 to me.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 7:13:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Picked up my P2 from the PO this evening. Haven't had a chance to play under NVGs yet, but even the visible laser and white light are legit.

Also got a missed delivery notice for the first unit which got lost for 7 weeks. Thinking I'll just give Ivan some more cash and pick it up tomorrow instead of having it sent back.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 7:21:17 PM EDT
[#48]
I made an excel spreadsheet of this data. If anyone wants a copy,  IM me with your email address and I'll get it out to you in the next couple of days. I'm away from my computer at this time.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 7:24:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Buddy of mine just jumped into the NV game and picked up an extra setup so I can shoot with him . If I were going to spend $500 on a laser, should I jump on a Perst 4? I like the idea of having a vis laser too when not shooting under nods. Ivan has one of the green+ gen 2 in stock and I am thinking about jumping on it. Thoughts?
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 8:11:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Buddy of mine just jumped into the NV game and picked up an extra setup so I can shoot with him . If I were going to spend $500 on a laser, should I jump on a Perst 4? I like the idea of having a vis laser too when not shooting under nods. Ivan has one of the green+ gen 2 in stock and I am thinking about jumping on it. Thoughts?
View Quote
I know it cost a good bit more but I'd consider the Perst 3 that's in stock as well. You'll want an illuminator and the perst illuminator is fantastic
Page / 79
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top