BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 7:44:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If you need to switch illuminator distances and power quickly it'll be way better than the dbal. As far as how much more powerful the illuminator is?  I'm curious to hear your opinion. I have mine.

I was out last weekend and my friend has a full power peq15. Obviously the IR laser was more powerful than the one on my D2 but the D2's illuminator curb stomped the peqs illuminator. He was shocked.  At around $1000 the d2 just can't be fucked with.

If money is no object I'd have a MAWL on one gun and a d4 v2 on another.
View Quote
Ill let you know my impressions vs the D2.  I put the D2 on my new LWRC 300 blk for its maiden voyage tonight.  Pretty good night, got 3 that i could photo and one that ran into a mesquite field, i had to have hit him....i did not here the usual thump though on any of the shots.  It was about 5am....i was damn tired, got out here at 2030 yesterday and just got home.

Fedex says the Mawl is on the truck.  Hope i dont sleep thru the door knock...

Pics of 3 big sows tonight, the one that got away was a boar, all alone and looked impressive thru the sentinels.  Really got to spend more time at the range really checking this dbal mount on the new gun.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 9:59:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 1:02:47 PM EDT
[#3]
What color would you call that rifle
Kind of it's own multicam.
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 1:46:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What color would you call that rifle
Kind of it's own multicam.
View Quote
Idk but as soon as my form 1 comes back it's getting a paintjob lol
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 8:33:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Well Fedex pulled a Fedex.  My Mawl was in Ft Worth on thursday and delivery said today, sig required.  I took a day off.  LOL, they sent it to Hutchins Tx which is like 30 miles away in dallas.  So it says tomorrow for delivery.

Question, im setting up my two pig guns and want to pair the DbalD2 with the Reap-IR on the 6.8spc but its sits kind of high when mounting it at 12 o'clock.  So i mounted it at 9 oclock.  Is this bad, good, or dont matter.  I can get a good sight picture thru the reap with it at 12 oclock but the bottom 1/3 of the scene is blocked....reticle is perfect.

The Mawl will be paired with the PTS233 on my 16" 300 blk.  I know the low profile wont be an issue.

NOw the big question.....I bought the PTS233 to use as a handheld monocular and back up with mounting it on a gun.  This is not ideal.  I love the 233 as a detection handheld monocular since it way outranges the WP sentinels.

So, looking for another thermal scope for this rifle, dont want to dump 8 k like i did on the reap.  Lets say 3-5 k.  What should i be looking at??????
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 8:54:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Pulsar trail, the size is definitely bigger than the pts233, but I've heard lots of good stuff about them. XQs are 384 and XPs are 640

http://www.ultimatenightvision.com/Pulsar-Trail-Thermal-Weapon-Sights-s/2667.htm
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 11:44:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 6:59:53 PM EDT
[#8]
My MAWL came in this morning, got it all mounted up.  Paired it with a PTS233, time to zero it then go stalk some pigs.  Gonna be a long night

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 7:02:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What distance do you want to PID and shoot at? The PTS 536 OR the 736 is also a possibility. Give me a PM, we have good AFRCOM pricing.
View Quote
Sent you a PM.  Would like to distinguish between yotes, deer, cows and hogs at 500 meters or so, hogs are what im after.  Shooting 300blk and 6.8spc.  Usually no further than 200 meters, most shots are at or inside of 100.
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 7:14:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
My MAWL came in this morning, got it all mounted up.  Paired it with a PTS233, time to zero it then go stalk some pigs.  Gonna be a long night

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/126579/mawl_c1_-629772.JPG
View Quote
I hate you.

Do you use a tripod? Why don't you use and SBR?
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 7:37:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I hate you.

Do you use a tripod? Why don't you use and SBR?
View Quote
I sometimes hike in with a mono pod shooting stick and it comes in handy stalking up on pigs in plowed wheat fields.

I was using a 9" AAC 300 blk with the same can, just wanted a 16" gun for a little better range and oomph from my loads.  Plus it was a good excuse to get a new rifle

let me see if i can find a shot of my SBR.....

Here is my old pig set up from a few weeks ago.  Kotonics uppered 6.8spc and my SBR 9" AAC.  Suppressor is an AAC SDN-6, i swap between the two.

New setup is a couple of LWRC guns.  Six8 A5 piston gun and the IC DI in .300 blk.  Oh, and for backup the S&W .44.  It has definitely come in handy....

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 1:15:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

If you need to switch illuminator distances and power quickly it'll be way better than the dbal. As far as how much more powerful the illuminator is?  I'm curious to hear your opinion. I have mine.

I was out last weekend and my friend has a full power peq15. Obviously the IR laser was more powerful than the one on my D2 but the D2's illuminator curb stomped the peqs illuminator. He was shocked.  At around $1000 the d2 just can't be fucked with.

If money is no object I'd have a MAWL on one gun and a d4 v2 on another.
View Quote
Well after using it the last few hrs.  The dbal d2 illum is on par with the mawl.  The ir laser seems to have less divergence.  Havnt shot a pig yet but the dot on yotes seems tighter at 200m.  The dbal beam is quite large on pigs past 100m.  Functionality and rail space is better.  Is it worth 2 dbal d2s....no.  but im damn glad i got it.  Now the damn pigs better show upm. Its past midnight.  They usually c9me out in force frok 0130 to 0600
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 2:05:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Damn.....they are 30 meters from the field i can hunt.  Cant shoot them there.  May try to spook em to get em to my field

Cell phone pic thru the pts233.  About 125 metersAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 4:26:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Mawl claims its first pigs.  0310 am.  Big sow 70m and little one on run about 150 m on the fly

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 12:32:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Well after using it the last few hrs.  The dbal d2 illum is on par with the mawl.  The ir laser seems to have less divergence.  Havnt shot a pig yet but the dot on yotes seems tighter at 200m.  The dbal beam is quite large on pigs past 100m.  Functionality and rail space is better.  Is it worth 2 dbal d2s....no.  but im damn glad i got it.  Now the damn pigs better show upm. Its past midnight.  They usually c9me out in force frok 0130 to 0600
View Quote
Exactly. It’s awesome just not worth the price (to me, my opinion) unless.......unless I was on a two way range where distances I had to engage people changed rapidly. Clearing houses/buildings, foot chase, et cetera.
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 10:33:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Well, FedEx says my MAWL has been "on the truck for delivery" since yesterday at 6am.

I don't think that's a very good sign but I'll stay optimistic and hope I'll be seeing it today.
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 12:35:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Well, FedEx says my MAWL has been "on the truck for delivery" since yesterday at 6am.

I don't think that's a very good sign but I'll stay optimistic and hope I'll be seeing it today.
View Quote
FedEx....well there's your problem.
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 4:14:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And which carrier would you use, that's never lost or broken a package?
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 10:42:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Delivered yet? @hroark
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 10:51:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Delivered yet? @hroark
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Delivered yet? @hroark
Nope.  Talked to them Thursday and Friday and was told both times it would be delivered later that day.  Delivery date has been changed from Thursday to Driday, and now it just says "pending"  I emailed them this morning, I got tired of barely understanding the people on the phone.

I'm pretty sure it's lost and they either dont want to tell me or haven't figured out that its lost yet.

FUCK.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 9:12:57 AM EDT
[#21]
3 phone calls and an email to fedex, and I have my MAWL.

Looks real good on the mk18, hopefully I'll find out tonight how well it works.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 11:04:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 3:37:15 AM EDT
[#23]
MAWL bitch I am for life it is clear...  However long that might take/be but boys I did put that damn thing through the ringer so to speak...

Cats pajamas...
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 8:59:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Nope.  Talked to them Thursday and Friday and was told both times it would be delivered later that day.  Delivery date has been changed from Thursday to Driday, and now it just says "pending"  I emailed them this morning, I got tired of barely understanding the people on the phone.

I'm pretty sure it's lost and they either dont want to tell me or haven't figured out that its lost yet.

FUCK.
View Quote
I have had nothing but headaches out of FedEx on this sort of stuff.  My Sentinels from TNVC sat at the hub in CA for over a week until I called and said that the contents of that package are controlled by ITAR and if it wasn't found and delivered within 2 days a call to the FBI and the State Department would be made and THEY could figure it out.  Amazingly the very next day it showed up in Ohio and was delivered the day after.  Every single time I order something from TNVC it sits in CA for days on end.  I utterly hate FedEx.
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 7:18:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I have had nothing but headaches out of FedEx on this sort of stuff.  My Sentinels from TNVC sat at the hub in CA for over a week until I called and said that the contents of that package are controlled by ITAR and if it wasn't found and delivered within 2 days a call to the FBI and the State Department would be made and THEY could figure it out.  Amazingly the very next day it showed up in Ohio and was delivered the day after.  Every single time I order something from TNVC it sits in CA for days on end.  I utterly hate FedEx.
View Quote
I have never had issues with any other carrier(even usps) and I ship and receive a lot, but Fedex is horrible. Multiple packages have taken a round trip around the US to finally come back to be delivered. Two day shipping got my package to me in 1.5 weeks before Vegas to CA.
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 7:56:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I have never had issues with any other carrier(even usps) and I ship and receive a lot, but Fedex is horrible. Multiple packages have taken a round trip around the US to finally come back to be delivered. Two day shipping got my package to me in 1.5 weeks before Vegas to CA.
View Quote
I had my bank overnight me a new debit card once. So without it I had no money. I sat, on my third floor balcony all morning (it was delivery before noon) and right st noon I see the FedEx driver pull up. He gets out, runs to a place on the first floor, runs back to his truck and leaves.

I couldn’t believe my eyes. Lazy ass didn’t want to walk up three flights of stairs. They would always not bring it to my door, I had to pick it up.

Anyway I call FedEx to bitch and the lady I spoke with didn’t believe me. She said he marked it as delivered. So I asked why I she thought I was calling her saying it wasn’t?!  Then she asked for the slip he left in my door

I said lady, he didn’t come to my door!  She again didn’t believe me. She insisted it was delivered and then told me drivers get fired for lying about that. So I said fire him because I’ve got a camera on my door and I can show you everything!

She stfu real quick. The big big boss was suppose to call me the following Monday. Take a guess as to whether he did or not.

FedEx sucks but nothing is as bad as DHL was. Not even close. They were terrible and I’m glad they are dead. Lol
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 6:17:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Same here. Fedex and I am done
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 5:30:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:49:47 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote
it's already been out.
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 12:25:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FUCK.
I haven't been back to update this, but I can confirm, the MAWL is awesome in every way.

As for the FedEx issue I had, long story short, I don't really consider it their fault. Turns out, Walgreens kinda sucked.

Long story long...  Knowing I would not be home to sign for the package, I redirected it to a FedEx affiliated Walgreens close to my house.  I do this with everything that comes from TNVC since I'm never home during the day.  I have never had a problem with Walgreens before.  The package was out for delivery on a Thursday, and no further updates were ever made.  I talked to FedEx on Thursday night, Friday night, and sent an email on Saturday.  Still no update on the tracking by that point.

Monday, I called one more time, and spoke to someone that was easy to understand (Indian accent was very faint), more importantly, she was actually very helpful.  She was confused by the lack of updates, and put me on hold to actually call the Walgreens location to see if the package was there.  Turns out, IT HAD BEEN DELIVERED THURSDAY!!!

Obviously, light out or not, I needed my MAWL NOW, so I immediately head over to the Walgreens, where the package was waiting.  After talking to the woman there, I found out that their little FedEx scanner doohickey was broken, so they weren't scanning any fedex packages that came through.  Now I would have thought they could have informed FedEx about the package status another way, or updated the system manually, but they either didn't know how or didn't feel like it.  Since the thing was broken, I didn't even sign for receiving the package, which is why the tracking, according to fedex, still has it "on vehicle for delivery" from 3 weeks ago.

Anyway, MAWL is cool and waaaay better than my ATPIAL C.
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 4:12:49 PM EDT
[#31]
I just picked up my first "real" NVG and this thread is costing me a lot of money because I am about 90% going MAWL.
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 5:25:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
Huh, I was gonna start a topic asking exactly that... sell both DBAL D2s and buy MAWL or keep D2s?
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 7:29:20 AM EDT
[#33]
View Quote
So if they are already out where can I buy one? I can't find anyone that has them.
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 9:26:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

So if they are already out where can I buy one? I can't find anyone that has them.
View Quote
Msrp on the new tailcap is 460.

The old one is 266.
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 10:08:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Huh, I was gonna start a topic asking exactly that... sell both DBAL D2s and buy MAWL or keep D2s?
View Quote
Well it's your money and depends on if you want 2 rifles set up.  I have the mawl and a d2.  Ergo on the mawl is better with the functionality of the buttons and footprint on the gun.  But the illum and laser on the D2 is on par with the mawl.  I would sell one d2 and get a mawl...."get both"

My 6.8 gun has the d2 paired with a Reap IR and my .300blk has the mawl paired with a Pulsar MQ50.  Both guns LWRC
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 10:52:26 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
Go from two to one?  Ergos?  If you use a tape switch that’s out if the equation. Quickly switching between power settings? Are you chasing things from small to medium rooms and then to large, outdoor expanses?

Cool points?

Everyone’s needs and wants are different.

I just know I’ve dropped tons of money on the latest and greatest and days after the new shiny awesomeness wears off I ask myself why I spent that much money on something that, in my specific application, doesn’t do anything extra for me.
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 10:58:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Go from two to one?  Ergos?  If you use a tape switch that’s out if the equation. Quickly switching between power settings? Are you chasing things from small to medium rooms and then to large, outdoor expanses?

Cool points?

I just know I’ve dropped tons of money on the latest and greatest and days after the new shiny awesomeness wears off I ask myself why I spent that much money on something that, in my specific application, doesn’t do anything extra for me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool points?

Good points. I answered below.
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well it's your money and depends on if you want 2 rifles set up.  I have the mawl and a d2.  Ergo on the mawl is better with the functionality of the buttons and footprint on the gun.  But the illum and laser on the D2 is on par with the mawl.  I would sell one d2 and get a mawl...."get both"

My 6.8 gun has the d2 paired with a Reap IR and my .300blk has the mawl paired with a Pulsar MQ50.  Both guns LWRC
Well, my 2nd night time gun actually has a CQBL-1 + a M600V. The 2nd D2 came used in a purchase I made recently (a D740 Argus).

I’m left handed, so the Ergos really do appeal and apply to me. Also the MWAL is a little lighter and has a smaller footprint.

I haven’t decided yet...
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 9:06:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I just picked up my first "real" NVG and this thread is costing me a lot of money because I am about 90% going MAWL.
View Quote
Do the MAWL. You wont regret it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 8:43:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Do the MAWL. You wont regret it.
View Quote
FINALLY got a chance to play around with my new mawl with the new end cap. Here are my initial thoughts:

I need to test this next to a Peq or LA5. If the Illuminator of the peq/la5 is close, I’m going to go that route.  My gripe is that it blocks access to the micromoa gas block so there’s no adjusting. I kind of expected this so it’s not a big deal at all, but still kind of annoying. Second, I just now realized I have remove the light to get to the adjustment dials if i’m using the arisaka inline mount... so I have to take off the Surefire to zero it.  Third, 4 buttons on the top of my rail is too many buttons... they need to make a way where the Surefire light can daisy chain to the mawl. So you can use the mawl buttons to use the Surefire light.

I feel like there are definitely some flaws to the mawl, but i’m hoping the Illuminator overshadows these. The Illuminator is the sole reason I got this laser. The DBAL was never really an option becuase I really don’t like  DBALS in general.

Anyways, that’s just my initial thoughts. I hope that made sense.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 8:57:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

FINALLY got a chance to play around with my new mawl with the new end cap. Here are my initial thoughts:

I need to test this next to a Peq or LA5. If the Illuminator of the peq/la5 is close, I’m going to go that route.  My gripe is that it blocks access to the micromoa gas block so there’s no adjusting. I kind of expected this so it’s not a big deal at all, but still kind of annoying. Second, I just now realized I have remove the light to get to the adjustment dials if i’m using the arisaka inline mount... so I have to take off the Surefire to zero it.  Third, 4 buttons on the top of my rail is too many buttons... they need to make a way where the Surefire light can daisy chain to the mawl. So you can use the mawl buttons to use the Surefire light.

I feel like there are definitely some flaws to the mawl, but i’m hoping the Illuminator overshadows these. The Illuminator is the sole reason I got this laser. The DBAL was never really an option becuase I can’t stand DBALS in general.

Anyways, that’s just my initial thoughts. I hope that made sense.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/171044/F05AC2CA-E797-48B0-9BB1-0487EA2872C5-655177.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/171044/829A51F1-AB1B-44FD-8B61-5F4EE88DD98B-655178.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/171044/36C0A3A9-1AE9-4C40-9E80-562AD138317C-655179.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/171044/86785954-DD4A-4302-BDCE-B52FD2897DA6-655180.JPG
View Quote
Compared to a 45mw peq15, the mawl appears brighter if you set the illuminator size on the peq15 to the same size to that of the mawl.  If you make it any smaller though, it will obviously appear brighter than the mawl.  Compared to my la5, the la5 is a bit brighter looking than the mawl when set to the same size illuminator.  The overall beam quality though, (level of spots/imperfections) that you see where you point your illuminator is gone using the mawl though, yet still apparent in the peq or la5.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 2:59:37 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I feel like there are definitely some flaws to the mawl, but i’m hoping the Illuminator overshadows these. The Illuminator is the sole reason I got this laser. The DBAL was never really an option becuase I really don’t like  DBALS in general.
View Quote
Most of the things you list as flaws for the MAWL aren't really problems with the MAWL, though...they're just issues particular to your personal setup.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 9:53:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Most of the things you list as flaws for the MAWL aren't really problems with the MAWL, though...they're just issues particular to your personal setup.
View Quote
Very true. I should have worded that differently. I don’t think the gripes I have are becuase of flaws in their product, really just the way in which I am using it.  I meant that statement as the product is not completely perfect and has room for improvement. I should have made that more clear.

My opinions will probably change as I get more time on it. Also, I am realizing that I can just remove the head of the Surefire to zero the laser.

Just dreaming of the future now, but it would still be incredibly cool if somehow mawl was daisy changed to my Surefire and the pressure pads on the mawl could run the light.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 11:31:03 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Very true. I should have worded that differently. I don’t think the gripes I have are becuase of flaws in their product, really just the way in which I am using it.  I meant that statement as the product is not completely perfect and has room for improvement. I should have made that more clear.

My opinions will probably change as I get more time on it. Also, I am realizing that I can just remove the head of the Surefire to zero the lazer.

Just dreaming of the future now, but it would still be incredibly cool if somehow mawl was daisy changed to my Surefire and the pressure pads on the mawl could run the light.
View Quote
That would be a cool feature. I ended up getting a TNVC TAPS pad to control my MAWL and Surefire, and rarely use the physical buttons on the MAWL itself.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 12:24:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Well, my 2nd night time gun actually has a CQBL-1 + a M600V. The 2nd D2 came used in a purchase I made recently (a D740 Argus).

I’m left handed, so the Ergos really do appeal and apply to me. Also the MWAL is a little lighter and has a smaller footprint.

I haven’t decided yet...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool points?

Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven’t decided yet...
FWIW, I sold one of the DBALs. I plan on keeping the other (for now at least).
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 2:05:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Going to piggyback here...

What is the MAWL X1?
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 9:51:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
Definitely possible - that's how I have mine set up. Just gotta solder up a SF to Insight plug jumper and rock on. I just disconnect from the MAWL whenever I don't want to go white and use a DS tailcap so I still have a button on the back of the Surefire to activate whenever needed.

Link Posted: 8/30/2018 10:22:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Definitely possible - that's how I have mine set up. Just gotta solder up a SF to Insight plug jumper and rock on. I just disconnect from the MAWL whenever I don't want to go white and use a DS tailcap so I still have a button on the back of the Surefire to activate whenever needed.

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1889/42567423060_3b45ab567d_b.jpg
View Quote
Time out, you’re going to have to show some more pictures and describe that a little more haha.
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 8:53:21 AM EDT
[#48]
any MAWL discount codes out there for Labor Day ?

asking for a friend
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 8:13:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Time out, you’re going to have to show some more pictures and describe that a little more haha.
View Quote
When a SF plug and an Insight plug love each other very much...

Strip both ends, get all soldery with it, heat-shrink it and rock on. Plug it into MAWL port A and when button A is pressed, laser and SF come on, etc. Still works when MAWL is turned off and I use a DS tailcap so I can use it when it's disconnected from the MAWL when I'm 'dark' in IR mode.
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 9:32:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

When a SF plug and an Insight plug love each other very much...

Strip both ends, get all soldery with it, heat-shrink it and rock on. Plug it into MAWL port A and when button A is pressed, laser and SF come on, etc. Still works when MAWL is turned off and I use a DS tailcap so I can use it when it's disconnected from the MAWL when I'm 'dark' in IR mode.
View Quote
Not sure I understand how this helps. So you flip on the MAWL and you get IR and WL or do you only tie them together when you run the visible laser and want WL? If the former, my question would be why? It might be one thing if it was a Surefire Vampire light and you did not mind the red glow.

Just thinking out loud below.

I know TNVC mentioned many times that the plugs going into lasers was the main failure point so they mentioned eliminating it and going thumb over to operate the laser. I always found the over the top to be a real reach. That is why I thought the MAWL was a great design with its offset which allowed for low profile switches.

The other thing I wonder with the guys running the TAPS or any other tape style switches behind the laser is aren't you now choking up on the gun by doing this, especially with MK18 types? Always found tucking the tape switch in the dead zone between 3-12 to be the best spot.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top