Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 9:43:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Does anyone have a line or a way to get one or two of these larue mounts?
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 9:53:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't think horta ever had a 36.  I will however sit back and wait for him to chime in.
View Quote
For sure he was in possession of at least two different pairs of PSQ36s.
There is an Archived thread in it somewhere.
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 10:12:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

For sure he was in possession of at least two different pairs of PSQ36s.
There is an Archived thread in it somewhere.
View Quote
I remember now, I remember when all he had were 20s and was looking for 36s.

The thing that I didn't like about the 36s is that they only output thermal over the right eye.  No internal battery keeps the weight down, and they have both i2 and thermal gain control which are pluses.  iirc horta had the battery pack that took 4 cr123s, now that would add some weight.  The standard 31 pack works fine and iirc they were like 23-24 ounces for the goggle alone, so nothing crazy.  But to me any dual setup with a coti would be basically the same thing.  Just slightly more bulky and less user friendly, but much cheaper.
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 12:03:05 PM EDT
[#4]

That was some fast shipping

Link Posted: 5/4/2018 5:46:40 PM EDT
[#5]
@thehorta we need clarification
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 7:19:27 PM EDT
[#6]
LARUE LT837 rmr mount
This could be an option
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 9:17:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I remember now, I remember when all he had were 20s and was looking for 36s.

The thing that I didn't like about the 36s is that they only output thermal over the right eye.  No internal battery keeps the weight down, and they have both i2 and thermal gain control which are pluses.  iirc horta had the battery pack that took 4 cr123s, now that would add some weight.  The standard 31 pack works fine and iirc they were like 23-24 ounces for the goggle alone, so nothing crazy.  But to me any dual setup with a coti would be basically the same thing.  Just slightly more bulky and less user friendly, but much cheaper.
View Quote
For a long time Horta's face amplified with an average of 5 toys attached to it came in as first or second google image search hit

But fusion for both eyes, just get two of these:

Link to manufacturer's site. Same guys who make the ClipIR, 40deg COTI.

Oh look, finally there's NV in EU that's: "FuseIR is not for sale or use in USA." Hope ITAR finally becomes more of an obstacle than anything remotely useful and be torn apart regarding some items
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 11:52:03 AM EDT
[#8]
View Quote
That was my original thought as well but when you look at the underside it has been milled out and may not have enough or the proper surface area to thread.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 6:34:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Mine was made with a LT270 and a block in between the mount and UTM.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 6:52:17 PM EDT
[#10]
So I had the opportunity to sight in and shoot in stand alone mode.

Adjustment increments at a hundred yards is somewhere around 4 to 5 inches. I was able to get POI very close to POA, under an inch at 100 yards. Groups are tighter now than when in Clip on mode.

Shooting in 2x magnification did not change POI.

One thing I didn't like is that using digital 2x magnification was no where as clear as when using clip on and 2x scope magnification. Not a deal breaker as most shots on hogs will be under 100 yards.

I also sighted in visible and IR lasers. This was kind of a pain as I had to use my other laser to sight in the UTM laser.

Might get a chance to hunt this weekend.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 12:11:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Has anyone ever used the RED I with any of these units?

If so, how did you like it or how did it compare to looking through the actual unit?

Does it have to be mounted to a pair of glasses or could it be rigged to a helmet?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top