Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/13/2017 7:02:33 PM EDT
I'm thinking about picking up one of these...i'm debating between 19mm vs 35mm.

Two questions:

1. Are the mk2 scopes sorted out? Seems like i remember them having some quirks.

2. Mk2 vs Mk3 in 35mm....which one? Is it really just a difference of reticles and memory features?

Thanks for any input.
Link Posted: 11/13/2017 8:45:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I’ve got both.... for me the only reason to buy the III is to get 60mm. Performance of 35mm is same in both. Extra bells and whistles with III .  I never use them .   As far as quirks, I’ve used all major brands, had a little trouble with all, at some point in time.  I think there was some chaos when trijicon bought them, and maybe the quirks where exaggerated.  People , myself included, get agitated and vocal when they spend that kind of money, and have a problem that isn’t dealt with quickly.      All of the above is my opinion, other folks may disagree.  Extra features may be worth it to them
Link Posted: 11/13/2017 8:46:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I’ll be in SE ok right after thanksgiving.  Your welcome to come see the stuff if you want . Stay and hunt with us if you want .  Lots of pigs to kill......
Link Posted: 11/13/2017 11:44:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 8:44:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’ll be in SE ok right after thanksgiving.  Your welcome to come see the stuff if you want . Stay and hunt with us if you want .  Lots of pigs to kill......
View Quote
Awesome! Thanks for the offer, if i am able to make i will gice you a call.
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 1:00:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
This pretty much sums it up. Mk2 35 vs MK3 35 difference is firmware, mount, and included accessories. Also you can upgrade a Mk2 to a MK3 after the fact so if budget only allows for a Mk2 now that's not an issue later.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ive got both.... for me the only reason to buy the III is to get 60mm. Performance of 35mm is same in both. Extra bells and whistles with III .  I never use them .   As far as quirks, Ive used all major brands, had a little trouble with all, at some point in time.  I think there was some chaos when trijicon bought them, and maybe the quirks where exaggerated.  People , myself included, get agitated and vocal when they spend that kind of money, and have a problem that isnt dealt with quickly.      All of the above is my opinion, other folks may disagree.  Extra features may be worth it to them
This pretty much sums it up. Mk2 35 vs MK3 35 difference is firmware, mount, and included accessories. Also you can upgrade a Mk2 to a MK3 after the fact so if budget only allows for a Mk2 now that's not an issue later.
@UNV
So Trijicon is still honoring the IRD offer of upgrading MKII's to III's?
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 7:04:44 AM EDT
[#6]
I know you weren’t asking me, but yes they are. I talked to them about 2 weeks ago .  On a separate note, your warranty stays the same , it does NOT start over .  I was very specific in my questions about that.
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 4:53:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
@UNV
So Trijicon is still honoring the IRD offer of upgrading MKII's to III's?
View Quote
Is it still a $1,000 upgrade or has the price for firmware come down since Trijicon bought them?
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 9:34:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Don’t remember exact prices, but mkIII upgrade cost $. Upgrading to my III 60mm cost additional $. So there’s really 2 separate upgrades, that can be combined into one.  I’m not sure what/if/how much mkII 19mm to mkIII 60mm would cost ....
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 11:29:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/16/2017 4:45:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yes sir search  "upgrade" on our website for pricing.
View Quote
Jesus...some of those upgrades cost more than a brand new FLIR ThermoSight Pro PTS233.
Link Posted: 11/16/2017 6:15:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Yes they do. And even though I don’t have the new flir, I can promise it’s nowhere near performance of ird/trijicon.  You get what you pay for
Link Posted: 11/16/2017 10:58:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yes they do. And even though I don't have the new flir, I can promise it's nowhere near performance of ird/trijicon.  You get what you pay for
View Quote
Yes, what he said. I cannot try and justify the pricing. But I happen to have both now and there is no comparison between the two.  But i'm not sure there's really supposed to be a comparison though?
Link Posted: 11/16/2017 10:57:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Yes, what he said. I cannot try and justify the pricing. But I happen to have both now and there is no comparison between the two.  But i'm not sure there's really supposed to be a comparison though?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes they do. And even though I don't have the new flir, I can promise it's nowhere near performance of ird/trijicon.  You get what you pay for
Fully comprehending the difference between the IR Defense MK II Hunter and the new little FLIR unit, it still staggers my imagination that a software upgrade is roughly the same price as a brand new IR weapon scope.

I was led to believe that the firmware updates by IR Defense would be free at the time I bought mine...by IR Defense. I hadn't had mine 3 weeks and that free firmware shit became a $1000.00 upgrade.
Link Posted: 11/17/2017 12:32:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Don't they also upgrade to a larger lens?  I know they used to and I can believe that might result in a pretty hefty up charge?
Link Posted: 11/23/2017 11:50:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Don't they also upgrade to a larger lens?  I know they used to and I can believe that might result in a pretty hefty up charge?
View Quote
The lens upgrade is an option too, but I only wanted the firmware upgrade....boom...$1000.00.
Link Posted: 1/5/2018 12:51:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Yes sir search  "upgrade" on our website for pricing.
View Quote
So, if you upgrade a MKII 1.5x to a MKIII 60mm for $1,995 what exactly do you get?

The software upgrade and different mount? Do you also get a different lens?
Link Posted: 1/5/2018 1:12:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

So, if you upgrade a MKII 1.5x to a MKIII 60mm for $1,995 what exactly do you get?

The software upgrade and different mount? Do you also get a different lens?
View Quote
Yep, software upgrade, better dual lever LaRue, bigger lens.
Link Posted: 1/5/2018 2:15:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yep, software upgrade, better dual lever LaRue, bigger lens.
View Quote
How can they put a bigger lens? Do they change the scope tube?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top