Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2017 8:21:03 PM EDT
Are there any pistol lasers with slaved visible/IR other than the DBAL-PL?

I don't get many opportunities to shoot in the dark so it's a lot easier for me to zero a visible laser.

Also, anybody who has a DBAL-PL - how do you like it? I've read about some issues with mounting them to Glock rails.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 8:34:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I used a CQBL-1 on a 22/45 for a while when possums raiding our chicken coop at night. Worked just fine.

CHRIS
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 8:38:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I used a CQBL-1 on a 22/45 for a while when possums raiding our chicken coop at night. Worked just fine.
https://i.imgur.com/rsNmFkv.jpg
CHRIS
View Quote
I've got a CQBL and like it, but it won't fit on a Glock rail. That does look like a fun setup though.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 9:05:47 PM EDT
[#3]
In a dimly lit room hang a grid line target as true as possible at the distance you want to zero your IR laser. Mount your pistol in a vice as true as possible and align your iron sights, turn on your IR laser and point it at the target. With a good cell phone camera it's possible to see your IR laser on the target. Make adjustments as necessary to zero your pistol. I use an over lapping zero so I find the furthest target I can see. Basically your making a apex from your target at the tip while your laser/center of your bore will be the widest points.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 9:13:34 PM EDT
[#4]
IIRC (it's been a long time since I used them) the Insight AN/PEQ-6 and AN/PEQ-14 has slaved VIS/IR lasers.

They can occasionally be found second-hand, but usually the sellers want a pretty hefty price for them relative to how large the unit is and how anemic the white light function is.

But it is another option...

~Augee
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 11:30:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I like my dbal-pl on my ruger 22/45. You have to be acceptant that one button turns on both light and laser. One button for visible, one button for ir. I wouldn't want it on anything but the 22lr but for that it works great. Even got custom kydex holster. Sights in with green visible laser super easy during daytime hours
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 2:25:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
In a dimly lit room hang a grid line target as true as possible at the distance you want to zero your IR laser. Mount your pistol in a vice as true as possible and align your iron sights, turn on your IR laser and point it at the target. With a good cell phone camera it's possible to see your IR laser on the target. Make adjustments as necessary to zero your pistol. I use an over lapping zero so I find the furthest target I can see. Basically your making a apex from your target at the tip while your laser/center of your bore will be the widest points.
View Quote
I know how to sight in, and I have a PVS-14 so I don't need to use a cell phone camera. But that doesn't help me with practice and verifying zero.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 3:44:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 4:31:49 PM EDT
[#8]
peq-14.

Pretty much the only one that's worth anything.

ETA:
I'll sell you my dbal-pl... Only fought in two cola wars. Failed miserably in each. Absolute garbage. Can't find holsters either.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 4:38:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'd take a look at using a pistol-mounted RMR for NVG use instead of a laser
View Quote
Yep. Pistol mount RMR or another Red Dot Sight. I'm super happy with my Holosun 403c mounted on an ALG 6 Second Mount. Then you don't need a laser. Sure, you'll want one, but you don't need it.

So people don't think I'm just blindly hating on the DBAL-PL:

I've used it. It's great, in a controlled environment.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top