Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2017 6:40:52 PM EDT
Hi all,

I'm looking to upgrade my PVS-14. Unfortunately ITAR dictates that I cannot buy an L3 filmless from TNVC, due to living in Canada :(

I'm thinking of picking up a PVS14 from ActInBlack, with a Harder gen 3 with a FOM of 2100+. What are your thoughts on Harder tubes? And how are the ACT housings? I currently have a reasonable spec omni VII PVS14, but would like to get something new and use that as my loaner. Will I see an appreciable difference in image quality?

Thanks for your thoughts.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 8:34:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a high spec Omni VII PVS14 and while I want a L3 Omni VIII WP I can't justify the cost since the difference is looking at a white screen vs green. The money I saved was over 1200 and could be used for getting a set of duals in the future.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 9:53:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I doubt you'd see an appreciable difference, some maybe, but depending on your tube specs there might be none, and the rest would be mostly cosmetic. Sent you an email too.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 10:35:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Ask ActInBlack for their opinion and delivery times. ActInBlack have a good support.
Beside the harder tubes they offer Photonis 4G. Maybe the Photonis tubes are an intersting alternative.
Anybody already compared the harder against the Photonis 4G?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top