Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2017 12:39:24 AM EDT
Price aside,  which one is the best bang for the buck. Looking at primarily hard use, don't plan on putting it on a rifle, but would like to leave it as an option

I've had hit or miss on atn...but folks tell me the high end mil spec stuff is gtg. Then there is the white phosphorus. ..some front like dudes tell me it's not worth it, other tell me it is...thoughts?

Fwiw, let's assume that either will be about 3 k bucks
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 1:34:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 5:11:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 5:20:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 6:40:10 AM EDT
[#4]
i would think the atn PVS14 HP+  unit could  be a photonis tube ( gen2 but top end ish )
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 10:59:58 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a ITT/Harris Gen 3 HP + like JRH enterprise (Lowdown3) sells and it is absolutely amazing in low to near dark light condition. Compared to my former Gen 2+ it's like night and day. IMHO you definitely want to buy from a company that has been consistent with all their products not just a few chosen ones which show integrity. When it comes down to white phosphor vs green, it's a personal choice. I've did a comparison with both and liked the green better but you eyes may be different. Also the green isn't the dark green like you see on TV/video games it has more of a brownish tint which I find very easy on the eyes. Check out JRH's prices as he has some of the best prices, warranty, and customer service out there for the unit your looking for. For a WP unit check out TNVC, but a it will cost a little more money.
http://www.jrhenterprises.com/PVS14-P-3rd-Gen-Pinnacle-Autogated-10-Year-Warranty-PVS14SALE.htm
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 1:06:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If I may, take a look at our true White Phosphor U.S. made L3 filmless tube TNV-14. We have some of the highest specs in the industry along with a 10 year warranty. We build these in-house as well. Thank you.
View Quote
Will do, thanks tn vc!
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 3:43:11 PM EDT
[#7]
My TNVC l3 filmless WP arrived today,havent gotten a chance to put it through its paces yet.
Im not sure how important the low light gains are with the filmess technology. It seems to me most of these gen 3 devices are amazing even without an illuminator.

For the moment i played with it the WP seems alot easier on the eyes and its oviously an improvement over my pvs7.
They are clear and blem free..being my first pvs14 i will say im not impressed with the single hole mounting and j arms basicly suck...yes it will work until my bridge and second pvs14 show up. But running a $4k pvs14 on a j arms just seems alittle silly to me.

Im very happy with my experience with TNVC..
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 3:56:23 PM EDT
[#8]
What model of helmets mounts yal using?

I've got a couple surplus nostros, they ok. Tried a Wilcox once, legit...seeing what's else
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 5:26:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I am running dual ITT/harris gen 3 HP+ PVS14's that JRH (lowdown) sells on a mod armory D14 bridge mount. Not only were the specs way way higher than the minimums that he states on his web page but I bought my second PVS14 afterwards and he matched it to my first unit. JRH is the man and things ship ridiculously fast. The units he sells are NVD units with a 10 year warranty and i rarely have to use any illumination even in near darkness.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top