Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2017 12:14:47 PM EDT
Howdy all,

Trying to make my final decision on a thermal scope.  I was going to jump on the new FLIR PTS233 but it seems like it is a pipe dream for the near future.  Now I'm looking at either the Pulsar XQ30 or XQ38.

I originally was liking the 2,000ish price range of the PTS233 but I'm willing to bump up to around 3,000 if I really have to.  Buy once, cry once!

My question is...is there anything else out there that I should be looking at in the 2-3k price range?  

Armasight?
ATN?
FLIR?

What else would be recommended in the 2-3k range that can compare in quality to the two Pulsars I listed?

Just looking to do some hunting and playing around out in the desert with our young Sons.  I do want on-board recording, that is a definite must.  We have a preserve area behind our houses that I will be able to scan and see what we find as well.

Thanks for any help you can offer!
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 1:03:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag as I am wondering the same.

Been waiting for the Flir pts233, hopefully it will be out in the next month or two but if not I have been looking at the Pulsar XQ30. They have the same field of view but the Flir might be smaller, making it easier to use as a handheld scanner.

If the Pulsar is just as good, just a bit more expensive, I might have to go that route.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 1:20:24 PM EDT
[#2]
same boat, inquiring minds want to know.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 2:33:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 2:59:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top