Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2017 2:47:26 PM EDT
Wanting to set up a 10/22 for varmit control.

Any experience with either of these?

I know they are gen 1 and will require a external ir Illuminator.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 12:54:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I have experience with the Photon. I've been really pleased with it's performance when paired with a T20 illuminator. I've got a few videos using the Photon posted in the nightvision hunting videos thread at the top of the page. I've heard Sightmark might be bringing a new version of the Photon (Photon RT) here to the US. The new version has a removable rechargable battery pack, on-board recording and zoom. Currently it's for sale over seas but I would imagine they will bring it over here sometime soon since the previous Photon was such a good seller.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 11:04:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Wanting to set up a 10/22 for varmit control.

Any experience with either of these?

I know they are gen 1 and will require a external ir Illuminator.
View Quote

You need to do more research.  For starters, the Photon is not Gen 1.  It's digital.

The internet is flooded with information on the Photon.  Experience abounds.  No need for folks to rewrite it here.

I know nothing about the Orion.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 11:41:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You need to do more research.  For starters, the Photon is not Gen 1.  It's digital.

The internet is flooded with information on the Photon.  Experience abounds.  No need for folks to rewrite it here.

I know nothing about the Orion.
View Quote
That probably explains most NV issues, questions and equipment.

MODS: Can we close down the NV subforum, clearly not needed any more. 

Link Posted: 10/16/2017 11:04:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have experience with the Photon. I've been really pleased with it's performance when paired with a T20 illuminator. I've got a few videos using the Photon posted in the nightvision hunting videos thread at the top of the page. I've heard Sightmark might be bringing a new version of the Photon (Photon RT) here to the US. The new version has a removable rechargable battery pack, on-board recording and zoom. Currently it's for sale over seas but I would imagine they will bring it over here sometime soon since the previous Photon was such a good seller.
View Quote
Thanks. I’m leaning towards the photon. Seen some video footage of guys overseas hunting with it. They seam to like it. For what I will be using it for 65yards and less it should do nicely.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 11:39:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Thanks. I’m leaning towards the photon. Seen some video footage of guys overseas hunting with it. They seam to like it. For what I will be using it for 65yards and less it should do nicely.
View Quote
These people have more experience with the Photon than anyone I've ever met.  And they're way nicer than me and are good at answering questions.

https://outdoorlegacygear.com/collections/featured-homepage-collection/products/sightmark-photon-xt-4-6x42s-digital-night-vision-rifle-scope?variant=42383058069
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 1:15:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
Oh yeah...65 and under should be no problem at all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top