Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/13/2017 7:37:34 AM EDT
Have Mod 3s and would like to use AAs. The only way to do this is to get the new bridge?  Has anyone considered modding the battery cap to run to an ANVIS pack? Is anyone here capable of making such a piece?
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 11:45:58 AM EDT
[#1]
@chosos has made a remote battery pack conversion for the MOD-3 that uses the existing battery housing.

The MOD-3B bridge also has an ANVIS adapter option.

To be honest, I would re-asses why exactly it is that you would bother trying to run MOD-3s with AAs versus the 123. It would have to be a very compelling reason for me to bother, especially considering most good accessories are 123 powered these days (I'm aware of the "common battery" and "price/availability" arguments).

~Augee
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 9:43:13 PM EDT
[#2]
It can be done. If you search my post history, I have posted pics of what I did. I did it mainly to run rechargable AA's in a 2x AA battery pack I designed and 3D printed as a cheaper and lighter alternative to the ANVIS battery pack. It has the LEMO FGG 0B 304 4-pin connector needed. I have enough 123's now to where i dont bother with the AA's.

I made the cr123  blanks with my 3d printer, and used a drill press on the cap. Nothing really fancy about the adapter. The right angle cap was a repurposed ITT part designed to do the same thing in the anvis 1/2 AA mount. I just changed the cap ($14) and made the blank cr123 instead of 1/2 AA.

Link Posted: 10/14/2017 10:38:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It can be done. If you search my post history, I have posted pics of what I did. I did it mainly to run rechargable AA's in a 2x AA battery pack I designed and 3D printed as a cheaper and lighter alternative to the ANVIS battery pack. It has the LEMO FGG 0B 304 4-pin connector needed. I have enough 123's now to where i dont bother with the AA's.

I made the cr123  blanks with my 3d printer, and used a drill press on the cap. Nothing really fancy about the adapter. The right angle cap was a repurposed ITT part designed to do the same thing in the anvis 1/2 AA mount. I just changed the cap ($14) and made the blank cr123 instead of 1/2 AA.

http://ifshtf.com/pic/nvg/lpbp3.jpg
View Quote
Nicely done.
Where did you source the cap?
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 10:40:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
@chosos has made a remote battery pack conversion for the MOD-3 that uses the existing battery housing.

The MOD-3B bridge also has an ANVIS adapter option.

To be honest, I would re-asses why exactly it is that you would bother trying to run MOD-3s with AAs versus the 123. It would have to be a very compelling reason for me to bother, especially considering most good accessories are 123 powered these days (I'm aware of the "common battery" and "price/availability" arguments).

~Augee
View Quote
Just to expand my options.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 12:23:35 AM EDT
[#5]
I ordered the cap directly from AB Night vision. It was like 14 or 15 bucks. They must not sell very many of them, because they were asking if my MOD3 was missing the cap.

I've kept my cap solution for the reason you mentioned - I appreciate having the capability to run a common AA cell.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 7:37:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I ordered the cap directly from AB Night vision. It was like 14 or 15 bucks. They must not sell very many of them, because they were asking if my MOD3 was missing the cap.

I've kept my cap solution for the reason you mentioned - I appreciate having the capability to run a common AA cell.
View Quote
Thank you. I'll give them a call.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top