Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2017 9:33:21 PM EDT
Just got a Wilcox G24 mount and the adjustable side (appears to be aluminum) doesn't stay clipped in and the pvs14 falls off with the slightest touch.

The non-adjustable side appears to be made of steel and it holds great and has an audible click when it locks in.

It appears the aluminum has more of a slanted front edge vs the steel one which is more squared off.

Is this a common issue with the dual dovetail?
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 12:06:04 PM EDT
[#1]
@TNVC
@TNVC_Clasky
@TNVC_Sam
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 12:10:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 12:11:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 12:34:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'll need more info to help out.
do you mind posting pictures. to describe what you are reffering to?
View Quote
Here's a quick video showing the issue

Notoros dual mount g24 issue
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 1:08:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 2:01:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I figured that was the case, I will just run the left side as I dont have the $ to purchase anymore mounts and prefer the G24.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 2:10:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I had to try several different Rhino mounts to work with my pvs-7. It was irritating.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 6:17:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Spoke to Notoros, the lady I talked to in customer service showed the video to their design engineer and they are going to replace my DDA.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 6:26:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Spoke to Notoros, the lady I talked to in customer service showed the video to their design engineer and they are going to replace my DDA.
View Quote
Score!  Most people would have just given up. Good job!
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 7:44:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Score!  Most people would have just given up. Good job!
View Quote
I was just hoping I could get a second fixed steel one to put on in place of the adjustable..... Nope, they were adamant about replacing the entire thing and repeatedly told me "our dovetail should work with any manufactured mount"
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 5:04:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quick update.

Sent to Notoros on Tuesday, they are sending a replacement this afternoon.

Excellent customer service!
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 10:11:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quick update.

Sent to Notoros on Tuesday, they are sending a replacement this afternoon.

Excellent customer service!
View Quote
Nice!
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 2:07:11 PM EDT
[#13]
I received the replacement mount on Wednesday the 4th and it had the same issues.
contacted Michelle (customer service rep) on the 5th and she said they were prepping for a DC show and she would help me out next week.
received a text that she found a steel fixed mount and she sent it the same day received it 10/7

NOTOROS has some of the best customer service I have ever worked with. Michelle went above and beyond to assist me with my mount issues.

I now have 2 fixed mounts but the lockup is as solid as can be!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top