Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2017 4:55:59 PM EDT
Well it took almost two years and a few calls, but Armasight finally provided me with the spec sheet for My PVS-14. I called them Friday,  and they got it to me this morning. How Did I Do? If these were to be compared to OMNI specs, what would this tube fall under? Also what does F-type mean? This tube is F9815XLS

Luminous:2283
Radiant:259
Halo: .91
EBI: .99
Resolution: 64
Signal to Noise: 29.9
FOM: 1913.6
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 8:17:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Its somewhere between omni VI and omni VII. With that SNR its deffinitly close to omni 7.

F type is just tye non milspec nomenclature given to that tube by the manufacturer which is ITT.. It is called an mx-11769/uv when it is sold under contract after passing milspec minimum requrements for a milspec tube. The mx-11769/uv is the nomenclature given to the tube by the military. I know its been said before but a tube that doesnt passs milspec is technically not an Omni tube nor is it an mx-10130, mx-10160, or mx-11769 or any of the other the various tube types commonly known by the military nomenclature of their milspec counterparts.

Link Posted: 9/18/2017 8:27:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Its somewhere between omni VI and omni VII. With that SNR its deffinitly close to omni 7.

F type is just tye non milspec nomenclature given to that tube by the manufacturer which is ITT.. It is called an mx-11769/uv when it is sold under contract after passing milspec minimum requrements for a milspec tube. The mx-11769/ub is the nomenclature given to the tube by the military

View Quote
Okay awesome. Thanks. It's nice to finally have numbers to go by with this tube. Due to OpticsPlanet and Armasights reputation here, I was thinking it would've had lower specs than that even thought it appeared nice to my eye. I'm not certain about OpticsPlanet due to my limited interaction and purchases through them, but as far as Armasight, I have two of their Product, the Gen3 pvs-14 described here, and a Gen2+ HD PVS-14(supposedly Photonis), and they're both quite nice. Maybe Armasight isn't that bad?
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 12:58:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Okay awesome. Thanks. It's nice to finally have numbers to go by with this tube. Due to OpticsPlanet and Armasights reputation here, I was thinking it would've had lower specs than that even thought it appeared nice to my eye.I'm not certain about OpticsPlanet due to my limited interaction and purchases through them, but as far as Armasight, I have two of their Product, the Gen3 pvs-14 described here, and a Gen2+ HD PVS-14(supposedly Photonis), and they're both quite nice. Maybe Armasight isn't that bad?
View Quote
No problem. Its deffinitly nice to know how your yube performs both from your exoerience using it and on paper. And as i said it now has and will hold a higher resale value for a used sytem because you have that data sheet. if you ever go to sell it. 

I havent had too much exoerience with armasight except having a few new units come in for me to inspect and make sure all is good and all parts are present. these are the armasight units that had tube data sheets that i saw and was referring to in the earlier post. from what i saw when inspecting those  few units, i couldnt say anything horrible about them. However when it comes to ATN i can say that i have experience rpairing the ATN pvs-14,7  type systems, but i cant remember if they are called pvs-14 or pvs-7 or something else, and some dual tube units .  I have also insoected somenew atn units like i did the armasight units and is how i also saw the tube data sheets for the tubes in the ATN unita, but the new ATN units were missing all sorts of small parts, mostly O-rings, that are small and arent thought about hardly ever unless building the unit or going to purge and n2 backfill the unit.  I would say staybaway from ATN products if your intending to buy an actually fully built and complete unit. ATN has the worst quality control ive seen.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 12:55:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

F type is just tye non milspec nomenclature given to that tube by the manufacturer which is ITT.. It is called an mx-11769/uv when it is sold under contract after passing milspec minimum requrements for a milspec tube. The mx-11769/uv is the nomenclature given to the tube by the military. I know its been said before but a tube that doesnt passs milspec is technically not an Omni tube nor is it an mx-10130, mx-10160, or mx-11769 or any of the other the various tube types commonly known by the military nomenclature of their milspec counterparts.

View Quote
Upon looking at the  omni 7 minimum specs, the only thing that this unit doesn't meet is the halo. Omni 7 requiring .70, while my unit was tested at .91. Would you still consider a unit such as this up to OMNI 7 performance, or does halo make that big of a difference?
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 3:49:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Upon looking at the  omni 7 minimum specs, the only thing that this unit doesn't meet is the halo. Omni 7 requiring .70, while my unit was tested at .91. Would you still consider a unit such as this up to OMNI 7 performance, or does halo make that big of a difference?
View Quote
0.21mm bigger halo wouldn't be noticeable. You have a very nice tube, it exceeds all OMNI VIII requirements.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 4:12:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

0.21mm bigger halo wouldn't be noticeable. You have a very nice tube, it exceeds all OMNI VIII requirements.
View Quote
Okay. Thanks for the reply. After waiting almost two years,  I'm glad to know my money was well invested.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top